Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ProfessionalLocator

Thread: century link

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Default century link

Any one else has centurylink in their area? All the new fiber upgrades in Wisconsin just stopped. I talked to a few locators in the state and it seems the boring crews in their area just stopped their work. All of them have been for centurylink fiber upgrades

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: century link

Perhaps the link below had something to do with it.

CenturyLink notifies employees of staff reductions - WKBT
    Wingfoot likes this.

Years of Experience

Default CenturyLink

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    CenturyLink notifies employees of staff reductions - WKBT

December, 2014 AT&T sent a company-wide internal email to all its employees that by 2020 ma Bell will be wireless and 2/3 of the current workforce will be gone (some being outsourced to India). Last year the date was pushed back to 2028. The announcement was made after the November 2016 election loss of all the democrats that were on the AT&T teat that could have passed favorable legislation for an AT&T/TimeWarner wireless monopoly.

A sign promoting 5G; AT&T's ambition of ultra-fast,
    fifth-generation wireless-technology,
    at the 2015 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Default Re: CenturyLink

we have c link here but it's mainly copper still and nothing is being upgraded except for big business areas .
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

I heard they lost the federal funding they were looking to lose. I heard they are suspending all upgrades for the rest of 2017. Allowing contractors that already starting boring to finish that job

Years of Experience

not for sure if anything else is going on . they a good company they will be around for the long haul .
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Century Link is a good company? Maybe in Wisconsin... they have a different reputation up in the pacific northwest. Used to be US West, then Qwest, not Century link... Still crappy plant. Over stuffed peds, and makes goofy demands on their contract locators. We used to have to draw maps using carbon paper. Keep one copy and we had to leave another copy at the locate request site.... In a ziplock back to prevent it getting wet.... Then stick a flag through the whole thing so the contractor digging can call us and ask why we left a map.

They also had a requirement of 8 offsets per simple lot job. They all had to be based on permanent features.... I'm all about offsets, but 8 on a lot job?

sorry, I've had some experience with Century Link

mke

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    Century Link is a good company? Maybe in Wisconsin... they have a different reputation up in the pacific northwest. Used to be US West, then Qwest, not Century link... Still crappy plant. Over stuffed peds, and makes goofy demands on their contract locators. We used to have to draw maps using carbon paper. Keep one copy and we had to leave another copy at the locate request site.... In a ziplock back to prevent it getting wet.... Then stick a flag through the whole thing so the contractor digging can call us and ask why we left a map.

They also had a requirement of 8 offsets per simple lot job. They all had to be based on permanent features.... I'm all about offsets, but 8 on a lot job?

sorry, I've had some experience with Century Link

mke
    Must be a regional thing. They're not too bad to locate around my part of the world.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

found out that century link was allowing any bores in process to be finished but cancelled the rest of them for 2017

Years of Experience

maybe they about to sell out to someone else ???