Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bull

Chicagoman

Default Bull

Hey you IL USIC locator's What do you think of your $500.00 NOW

READ THIS:
    The Supervisor provides leadership to the team they manage as well as to their peers within the organization. The successful candidate must demonstrate the courage to make decisions, balancing the benefits of speed with the thoroughness of information gathered. The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to exercise decision-making with compassion, proactively considering the ripple effect of decisions. All leaders at SM&P are expected to live in balance across the tenets of leadership: courage, compassion and clarity. They must be able to communicate clearly and proactively, keeping the work group informed of both local and corporate information.

All candidates MUST have 2 years Supervisory experience.

Do not apply if you do not have the required experience.

A one time bonus of $10,000 will be paid to the successful candidate that accepts the position.

SM&P has an Area Supervisor position available in Tulsa District

Successful candidates must live or relocate to Oklahoma

Qualified candidates should send a resume to:

SM&P Utility Resources, Inc.

Attn: Lewis Strange

1743 Quincy Ave, Unit 143

Naperville, IL 60540

Or email to: Lewisstrange@usicinc.com

Application Deadline: Monday July 7th 2008

General Duties:

Manage assigned locators in a defined geographic territory.

Locate and mark underground utility lines.

Maintain positive employee, client and public relations.

Specific Duties:

Maintain quality and productivity with locating activity.

Organize and distribute locating workload.

Counsel, train and develop locators' skills.

Record/analyze locators' hours/days worked.

Ensure policies and procedures are followed.

Maintain positive morale by serving as a positive role model

Perform audits on selected locates and discuss results with locator.

Serve as liaison between locators and District Manager.

Counsel with District Manager on warnings, suspensions, and terminations.

Administer disciplinary procedures.

Complete timely employee performance evaluations.

Conduct thorough investigation of cable cuts, and assure that service failure reports are properly completed and processed.

Serve as a troubleshooter and counsel locators on difficult locates.

Ensure neat and clean appearance of all assigned vehicles and equipment and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.

Properly prepare and process all required reports.

Support and monitor safety program compliance.

Ensure team members have adequate inventories/supplies.

Maintain positive relations with employees, customer and the public.

Other duties as assigned by the District Manager.

Qualifications:

Associates Degree preferred

A work history that includes 3 to 5 years of experience supervising a team of 10 to 15 employees is required.

Financial management experience of managing a profit and loss statement valued at $3 million is required.

Minimum Level 1 locator with at least 1 year of locating experience, preferred.

Ability to demonstrate good judgment and problem solving skills is required.

Exhibited solid leadership skills.

Solid verbal, written and organizational skills required.

Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage time efficiently.

Lewis Strange, PHR

Southwestern Regional Human Resource Manager,

United States Infastructure Corporation,

2409-D Avenue J,

Arlington, Texas 76006

LewisStrange@usicinc.com

Apply online for positions at www.sm-p.com

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack" Rudyard Kipling

Default Re: Bull

Well, half the managerial staff don't qualify for this position! "Compassion?" Looks like its time to trim the fat!

Chicagoman

If there have that much money to give some guy who sits on his ass at home talking on a cell phone passing out tickets. I have alot of bills there can pay.
    Last edited by Chicagoman; June 30th, 2008 at 09:49 PM.

From the outside looking in, there has to be an interesting reason for that bonus. Are they having a hard time getting locators to step up?

That would be my first guess...

Oh, and Chicagoman, trust me more sups are pulling 80hr weeks than there are sitting on the couch. I know that posting doesn't sit well, but unless you have a golden umbrella, you can't supervise from the couch for very long before it blows up in their face. Unless of course they have friends in high places & we've all seen that...
    Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

How can locators step up - part of the requirement for the position is 2 years experience!

Frosty, I know of several sups who work from home! Not saying that is bad. If they are working and the job gets done and they support their locators, I'm all for it! I don't think they have to go to the office necessarily to get the job done! But, to sit at home and bark at locators and gripe and complain about "production" while not really even knowing what is going on in their area, UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Although, we have no choice but to accept it or go elsewhere!) Again, time to trim the fat!

Chicagoman

Hey Frosty I see you have Frosty Heart for locator's. The men and women who locate are the only ones who make money for these Company. Not Supervisors. So please stop kissing so much ass. NO one deserve a $10,000 sign on bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by LocatingLarry View Post
    How can locators step up - part of the requirement for the position is 2 years experience!

Frosty, I know of several sups who work from home! Not saying that is bad. If they are working and the job gets done and they support their locators, I'm all for it! I don't think they have to go to the office necessarily to get the job done! But, to sit at home and bark at locators and gripe and complain about "production" while not really even knowing what is going on in their area, UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Although, we have no choice but to accept it or go elsewhere!) Again, time to trim the fat!
    LL,

I agree that they are out there. I'm just saying, when I was there, I was with a group of sups that never saw the office unless we had to. We all were in our areas doing our thing. Being there, is more important with newer crews & guys with experienced crews could take more "leisure" time. I know that. I know there are bad sups that don't leave the house unless they have to.

What I wanted to get across is I believe where I was with that company, we had very good & unsung supervisors and across the board you notices one bad sup for every five good sups. The bad ones just stand out more...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoman View Post
    If there have that much money to give some guy who sits on his ass at home talking on a cell phone passing out tickets. I have alot of bills there can pay.

If there is nothing more to the supervisor's position than this, why aren't more of us begging for this position?

Chicagoman

STILL NO ONE DESERVES A $10.000.00 SIGN BONUS WHEN THERE ARE HARD WORKING LOCATOR'S GETTING SCEWED OUT OF THERE BONUSES

You're right Frosty, and may I also say that I've seen some GREAT sups in my time! Some I still stay in contact with. I'm certainly not saying they are all bad. Just that lately, I've only seen the worst! Hoping it isn't a sign of little hope. Always try to keep the glass half full! Sometimes (like today) it only seems half empty!

Years of Experience
    30+

There should be someone who could or would want to do the job. What if you took the job and the money and it did not work out. Step back down to your old position?

Chicagoman

Quote Originally Posted by PowerSweep View Post
    If there is nothing more to the supervisor's position than this, why aren't more of us begging for this position?
    Most of us here in Chicagoland like to work. One Sup was caught building a garge in his back yard for a couple weeks while working or answering his phone. He still working. Lets give him $10.000.00 for a good job.

What about the 2 years experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoman View Post
    Hey Frosty I see you have Frosty Heart for locator's. The men and women who locate are the only ones who make money for these Company. Not Supervisors. So please stop kissing so much ass. NO one deserve a $10,000 sign on bonus.
    Dude,

I'm not justifying it, merely making a point.

Couple of things though, without blowing my "alias" if you knew my situation, you would know that the last thing I am about is kissing anyone's ass at that company, I don't work there, I have nothing to gain.

Two, you think most of the sups in Chicago aren't locating? Last year, when I did work there, I did more tickets than 3 techs on my crew. Mainly, due to the staffing issues & newbies. If you don't think a sup is important, try running your route without him being there.

Three, "frosty heart for locators"...what the f#&K does that even mean?

I see you're new here. Take the time to look around, read our posts to find out where we're coming from before you spew some more bullshit like that and if you do, make sure your grammer is correct. It's much more enjoyable for the reader when the posts make sense...

Chicagoman

Quote Originally Posted by LocatingLarry View Post
    What about the 2 years experience?

I have 6 years in locating. Do I get $30.000.00???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast