Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of High Tech Engineering?

Years of Experience

Default Anyone heard of High Tech Engineering?

Any info on High Tech Engineering out of Miami, Florida? They just bid and got a new contract here in Georgia. Word is they are offering $10 an hour, charging techs $20 for every late ticket in their load, no benefits, no vacation, no PTO. Based on the daily ticket load requirements each of their six field techs will have to physically visit 60 sites each 8 hour work day (and potentially mark sewer and water at each site). If they even screen 50% of the tickets, that's still an impossible load for anyone to take on each day, and deal with emergencies, rain, traffic, damages, admin duties, large projects, etc.

Not sure who this company is, but I know the model stinks to high heaven and makes the industry look very bad once again.........seems we as owners continue to take one step forward, 10 steps backward.
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Default Re: Anyone heard of High Tech Engineering?

Sounds like the owners of USIC have opened another locating firm.

Years of Experience

With everyone HIRING...and I Mean EVERYONE! Good luck filling that job!

Years of Experience
    All of them

Check out this link. They must think this business is like Burger King, as they offer to sell franchises.

http://hitech-eng.com/index.html

Years of Experience

Sounds like an offshoot of (edited for childish comments) except for no PTO,benifets !!!!!
    Last edited by TheCableVine; February 8th, 2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: childish and unproductive comments

Years of Experience

Cool Re: Anyone heard of High Tech Engineering?

franchise? LOL now that funny... why bother the person can just start thier own company and go after contracts...

this industry just gets funnier every day
    "What Are You Doin!?!? GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!"
    you have entered a restricted area

not familiar?

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

High Tech Locating
    7630 N.W. 25th St., Suite 2
    Miami, FL 33122
    Phone: (305) 412-0891 (800) 594-9141

Established: 1996
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    16 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by locator00566 View Post
    Sounds like the owners of USIC have opened another locating firm.
    somebody better start editing these types of comments about USIC too, lets keep it fair, alot of these cry babies on here that just wanna bitch about USIC should grow a pair of balls and quit their job if it's so bad, test the waters and try another locate company, ooh that wont work, probably wouldnt get hired with anyone else
    Last edited by Mr810; February 8th, 2011 at 10:10 PM.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

or for that matter, Quit their job....

when it comes down to it, I think Steve is doing the right thing. People are going to Bitch no matter what, if we start editing (even the crappy replies) I think it would take the fun out of this forum for the Moderators.

When the Spammers and complainers take over a thread and it just becomes a mud slinging contest, It gets locked. Other than that, we just got to Muck through the random slams to whatever target they are locked on at that time.

Mke

Quote Originally Posted by Mr810 View Post
    somebody better start editing these types of comments about USIC too, lets keep it fair, alot of these cry babies on here that just wanna bitch about USIC should grow a pair of balls and quit their job if it's so bad, test the waters and try another locate company, ooh that wont work, probably wouldnt get hired with anyone else
    Been there done that.. Just spreading the truth..

Years of Experience

Holy Crap!! Look at this page. Under franchising "You do not need prior experience in locating underground facilities or in the damage prevention industry." So these "professionals" are helping people who know nothing of the reality of locating to set up shop all over the country. Talk about making contract locating worse as an industry.

http://hitech-eng.com/franchising_experience.htm

Quote Originally Posted by headcipher View Post
    Holy Crap!! Look at this page. Under franchising "You do not need prior experience in locating underground facilities or in the damage prevention industry." So these "professionals" are helping people who know nothing of the reality of locating to set up shop all over the country. Talk about making contract locating worse as an industry.
    UhOh! Does this remind anyone of a certain Company's upper management hires over the past several years ? ( notice I didn't mention which company as someone might get offended)
    Last edited by TheCableVine; February 9th, 2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: to close quotes
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Since I started this thread I don't think I can hijack it by responding to some of the chatter.

If somebody has something constructive to say, whether anybody agrees with it or not, they should be allowed to post it. We also have the "right" to respond in our own way, and that is the power in this Board. However, when someone out there just sits by waiting for a particular person to post something/anything, and then comes back with a personal attack, I don't think anybody here should accept that. The edited post in this thread was from somebody who has been a member here since late 2009, has had 15 posts (1 was a duplicate so I guess that really makes 14), and 11 of those were direct attacks on a single person (78.5%). He even slammed me when I almost got killed when I had my bike crash.

I can honestly say I didn't care much for many things USIC1 posted here. But even some of his posts were well informed, sometimes witty, and yes, even sometimes painfully truthful. There has to be a line, and when I approached Steve with my issue, he saw where I was coming from and acted in a way that he felt was appropriate. I'm not worried about being offended - you guys have the absolute right to question me and to point out my failures - all I ask in return is that you do it in an upfront way. How can I use a personal attack to improve anything?

I come here for one reason - that is to continually LEARN about what is hurting my industry. I throw a few posts in when I feel compelled to, but I come here to learn. Many people have said I shouldn't even be here, that this is a locators site and no management should be allowed. I can't say that I disagree with that, but it's hard to turn the locator side of me off. Do you think it helps me or my reputation among other owners to be an active member and post here? Do you think my customers like it?? Bottom line is I want to stay informed, and this site is the best place that I know of to keep up with what you guys want and need (and yes, sometimes what some of you just plain bitch about).

Sorry for the ramble.......
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Years of Experience
    30+

Originally Posted by OVUS1

I come here for one reason - that is to continually LEARN about what is hurting my industry. I throw a few posts in when I feel compelled to, but I come here to learn. Many people have said I shouldn't even be here, that this is a locator's site and no management should be allowed. I can't say that I disagree with that, but it's hard to turn the locator side of me off. Do you think it helps me or my reputation among other owners to be an active member and post here? Do you think my customers like it?? Bottom line is I want to stay informed, and this site is the best place that I know of to keep up with what you guys want and need (and yes, sometimes what some of you just plain bitch about).

Sorry for the ramble.......

John, I have to agree with you. You are an owner and have a lot of input here. This forum is NOT just for locator's, it is for ANYONE in this industry. This forum is for the input good or bad to ALL persons. I was glad to see Steve edit out the comments of what I perceived as a personal attack towards you.

I will be at the CGA Damage Prevention Convention in Orlando and hope to see you there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast