Thread: Anybody try the new Health Insurance Yet?

Default Anybody try the new Health Insurance Yet?

I had my first run in with the new insurance when I went to pay for my monthly prescription for my heart and it was 285 dollars. Before the first of the year it was 40 a month. With the double the premium I now pay and the first 3000 is mine, how do I pay this. Needless to say after my bills and child support I have maybe a couple of hundred dollars left. And that is not including food for the month either. So obviously I could not pay for the pills. Of course the Pharmacist said I could die if I did not have them. Well if there is no money I can not pay. There are no free rides. So? I guess I will probably be dead in less than 2 months. But rest assured it will happen at work. Great Health Insurance!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

Default Re: Anybody try the new Health Insurance Yet?

But USIC has a better profit margin now, so there is that.

I had to have my Dr. prescribe 2 different medicines for me from the Tier 1 list. Go to Affordable Health Insurance & Medical Insurance Plans – Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, register for an account and then you can read/print the lists. Tier 1 is mostly generics, Tier 2 are approved name brands , but more expensive, and Tier 3 are the non-formulary drugs - expensive. Good Luck.

The web address is (www.) anthem.com
    Last edited by sprayandpray; February 3rd, 2012 at 08:32 AM.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by foster_grant View Post
    I had my first run in with the new insurance when I went to pay for my monthly prescription for my heart and it was 285 dollars. Before the first of the year it was 40 a month. With the double the premium I now pay and the first 3000 is mine, how do I pay this. Needless to say after my bills and child support I have maybe a couple of hundred dollars left. And that is not including food for the month either. So obviously I could not pay for the pills. Of course the Pharmacist said I could die if I did not have them. Well if there is no money I can not pay. There are no free rides. So? I guess I will probably be dead in less than 2 months. But rest assured it will happen at work. Great Health Insurance!!!!!!!!!!!
    When a "new" insurance policy is introduced with a much higher premium, like yours, it is not so much new but something else. What it usually means is that the company made a contribution to your paycheck for health insurance but was not paying all of it, the balance was paid by you. To cover the fact that they no longer are contributing to your health insurance they get you "new" insurance. This covers up a pay cut.

Think about it, how else did you get a policy that costs twice as much and covers less?

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    When a "new" insurance policy is introduced with a much higher premium, like yours, it is not so much new but something else. What it usually means is that the company made a contribution to your paycheck for health insurance but was not paying all of it, the balance was paid by you. To cover the fact that they no longer are contributing to your health insurance they get you "new" insurance. This covers up a pay cut.

Think about it, how else did you get a policy that costs twice as much and covers less?
    My sentiments exactly. A dog turd with a new wrapper is still a dog turd....
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...