Thread: Any info on Synergy One Locating?

Years of Experience

Default Any info on Synergy One Locating?

Anyone have any Idea about this company? Earnings, contracts.... anything?

Default Re: Any info on Synergy One Locating?

I very well might be wrong.. my information might be off... but isn't this Dervon's outfit??

Years of Experience

Absolutely, according to all the info that I can find on the internet. They just posted a locate job nearby me, is all.

I don't know a lot about the company... but I know Dervon. PM me if you want my opinion. If not, good luck.

As far as what they do in Georgia, I can't understand how they got the Georgia power contract and kept it...well i can understand how they got the contract because they bid it so low. A lot of the locators they have don't have no where else to go in the locate industry because they have been let go from STS or Consolidated(USIC). I don't think they pay well or offer a good benefit package , they also don't want you to work over forty hours. One locator I spoke to said he/she went 3hrs over 40 and was told to get off the clock when he/she hit 37 hrs the next week(illegal). Synergy doesn't have the entire state of Georgia. I would not work for this company unless that was my only option.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Classof1993 View Post
    As far as what they do in Georgia, I can't understand how they got the Georgia power contract and kept it...well i can understand how they got the contract because they bid it so low. A lot of the locators they have don't have no where else to go in the locate industry because they have been let go from STS or Consolidated(USIC). I don't think they pay well or offer a good benefit package , they also don't want you to work over forty hours. One locator I spoke to said he/she went 3hrs over 40 and was told to get off the clock when he/she hit 37 hrs the next week(illegal). Synergy doesn't have the entire state of Georgia. I would not work for this company unless that was my only option.
    Only ilegal if they don't pay the 3 hrs ot for the week before and then only for not paying the ot.

Not unusual for employer to cut short the next weeks hours if the employee works unauthorized ot and is legal. Unless you have a contract they need not guarantee you 40 hours a week.

Years of Experience

My old man once told me that if you have nothing good to say, then don't say anything at all........Do you hear the silence?

Senior Member FailedSafetyAudit's Avatar
    Years of Experience

I have a friend that works for Premier in the central new york area who told me one of his buddies mentioned Synergy One Locating to him. Something about how they have a pending united states department of labor claim against them for unpaid wages. Also they issue rycoms as thier locating unit.
    TRUST no one !!!
    QUESTION everything !!!
    Find the TRUTH for yourself !!!
    Sound a bit paranoid ???
    That's what this business is. - Don Lyng

Years of Experience

Know all about this company and its owner...........PM if you need more info. I have a buddy that started working for them in Feb