Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl XLV

Years of Experience

Default Super Bowl XLV

Black Eyed Peas Will Perform at Super Bowl Halftime Show

Fergie is the first female performer at a Super Bowl halftime show since the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction.

Since 2004, the NFL Championship Game has opted for a steady stream of veteran performers -- Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, the Rolling Stones, the Who, Tom Petty, Prince -- whose most likely wardrobe malfunction would be if something went wrong with their Velcro shoes.

The Peas have been one of the hottest bands on the planet in the past couple of years, churning out such hits as:

The Time (Dirty Bit)

-------------------------------------------------------

"Boom Boom Pow"

"I Gotta Feeling"

"Pump It"

"My Humps"

"Let's Get It Started"

and my favorite

"Where is the Love?"

Last edited by Wingfoot; February 6th, 2011 at 11:29 AM.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Super Bowl XLV

2011 Post Season Week 2

Baltimore Ravens vs Pittsburgh Steelers
    The Ravens and Steelers split the season series, with the road team taking each game. The trend will continue on Saturday, as will the physical style of play that has come to embody this divisional rivalry. In the end, Baltimore forces more mistakes than it commits, and Flacco pitches a nearly flawless game to propel the Ravens. Pick: Baltimore, 21-10

Green Bay Packers vs Atlanta Falcons
    Aaron Rodgers' fourth-quarter heroics were upstaged by Falcons kicker Matt Bryant, who booted the game-winning field goal to give the Falcons the 20-17 win the last time these two met in Week 12. With a spot in the NFC Championship on the line, the sides return to the same scene, but the outcome will be drastically different. Rodgers throws for a pair of touchdowns, James Starks and Brandon Jackson combine for 100 yards on the ground and the Packers’ 3-4 roughs up Matt Ryan, who threw for only 197 yards in the first meeting. Pick: Green Bay, 27-14

Seattle Seahawks vs Chicago Bears
    The Seahawks provided the Wild Card round with a nice little spark that not one of us really saw coming, but the ride ends next Sunday in Chicago. The Bears don’t give up much on defense and definitely not to a unit that lacks a consistent vertical threat in the passing game. Which is exactly what the Bears will pose to the Seattle defense, which has recorded only 12 interceptions this season. Pick: Chicago, 35-10

New England Patriots vs New York Jets
    I wouldn’t count on Rex Ryan using game tape from the previous meeting as a motivational tool. Something tells me the evidence of that waxing last month has since long been destroyed. The Jets would be well-served concentrating on the present, which has them playing as well as they could have hoped after backing into the playoffs. But will anything less than a near-perfect game be enough against the top-seeded Pats on the road? More than likely, no. Pick: New England, 24-17

-------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Black Eyed Peas.....................................Really, Really ???

Sorry, Just an old guy who just doesn't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by locatethis View Post
    Black Eyed Peas.....................................Really, Really ???

Sorry, Just an old guy who just doesn't get it...
    I'm with you ! There are a ton of artists from this area , both current and older, who I would have chosen over the BEP's.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

2011 Post Season Week 3

Green Bay Packers vs Chicago Bears
    The Bears enjoy the home field advantage, but the Packers are a runaway train with no intent of coming to a halt anywhere but Dallas in early February.

The Packers have held Chicago to 20 points in two games and have too much talent on defense to surrender any more than that on what should be a cold and blustery day in the Windy City.

On the other side, as well as the Green Bay defense is playing, Aaron Rodgers has been just as spectacular. He’s thrown for more than 540 yards, six scores and zero interceptions so far in the playoffs, and is rapidly fulfilling the many favorable prophecies prognosticators foretold prior to his taking over for Brett Favre.

Because of the game’s setting and the long-standing bitterness of this rivalry, the game will enter the fourth quarter still up for grabs, but Green Bay seizes control over the final 15 minutes and spends Sunday evening awaiting its Super Bowl opponent from the AFC.

Prediction: Green Bay, 28-13

New York Jets vs Pittsburgh Steelers
    The Jets’ 22-17 win at Heinz Field on Dec. 19 was a clean game. Neither team turned the ball over. Only six flags were thrown. And New York won in Pittsburgh for the first time since the merger in 1970, despite getting outgained by more than 100 yards and being held under its regular season rushing average by nearly 50.

The Steelers ran 72 plays that day, 15 more than the Jets, so what Rex Ryan and his team did was something of a rabbit-and-hat magic trick. This time will be different.

With so much at stake, both teams will exit the gates tight, but another entertaining game takes place. Sanchez plays well again, but he gets little help from Shonn Greene, LaDainian Tomlinson, and the running game, which finds few cracks in the Pittsburgh front seven.

Scott and his comrades will again cite disrespect as a motivating factor, but the story is a tired one. The Jets play well on defense, holding the Steelers to less than 80 yards on the ground, but Ben Roethlisberger throws for 284 yards and two touchdowns on 25 completions.

Which are two more than he threw in that Week 15 loss, when he misfired on two consecutive passes in the end zone after leading the offense to the Jets’ 10 in the final minutes of the game.

Prediction: Pittsburgh, 23-17

--------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Wingfoot; January 21st, 2011 at 04:13 AM.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

a little typo with minnesota vikings. Yes the packers have held the bears to 20 points in two games, but you forgot to mention that the packers have not scored more than 21 points in either of those gamesand a total of 30pts for both games. In fact the last game the packers only scored 10 points. Although rodgers has been lighting it up in the play-offs, it seems he has thrown for under 600 yards in the two games with the bears and only two TD's and also two interceptions.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    a little typo with minnesota vikings.
    WoW! How embarrassing! That's what happens when I get pressed for time and not proof reading my posts. Yikes!

I was on call when I put the postseason round 3 together. I had just gotten home about 2 am after completing a 130 mile portal-to-portal Emergency water main repair ticket maneuvering through a snow storm. My butt was really tired when I put that post together. I was home maybe 30 minutes when @ 2:30 am I got another Emergency water main call-out that was a 160 mile portal-to-portal trip. I submitted my post @ 2:38 am without proof reading it and saddled up for the second water main ticket in the same snow storm.

Anyway, lesson learned! Thanks man...................

------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Wingfoot; January 21st, 2011 at 04:10 AM.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    Yes the packers have held the bears to 20 points in two games, but you forgot to mention that the packers have not scored more than 21 points in either of those games and a total of 30pts for both games. In fact the last game the packers only scored 10 points. Although rodgers has been lighting it up in the play-offs, it seems he has thrown for under 600 yards in the two games with the bears and only two TD's and also two interceptions.
    The Packers are clearly the better team on both sides of the ball. But when it comes to the NFL, and especially whenever da Bears play the Packers, the better team doesn't always win. The divisional rivalry will bring out the best in each team. This will be an amazing game.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Here's hoping 'Da Bears" play the Jets in the Super Bowl, although if I was a betting man I would probably put my $$ on The Steelers and Packers.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Fox Sports Rejects ‘Offensive’ Super Bowl Ad

Fox Sports rejected an advertisement that a Christian group wanted to broadcast during the Super Bowl Feb. 6, 2011.

"The commercial was deemed to be too offensive," said Larry Taunton, executive director of Fixed Point Foundation, to The Christian Post.

The 31-second ad was denied a spot during the Super Bowl while other racier ads in the past have been granted permission.

In 2007, Snickers aired the "Snickers Kiss" during the Super Bowl. The commercial featured two men who end up kissing after eating a Snickers bar from opposite ends. The video was later pulled after an uproar from viewers.

This year, Doritos introduced two gay-themed ads for the Super Bowl. One features a husband appearing to eye two homosexual men eating from a bag of Doritos chips. The other shows two bare-chested men sitting in a sauna. One of the man then reaches down into a Doritos bag that is off camera. The result is sexually suggestive. There is no word whether or not the ads were accepted.

"That's deemed OK. But the 3:16 commercial is deemed controversial," Taunton argued.

I’m surprised Fox Sports would turn down money for the Lookup 316 commercial, especially since I’ve seen signs bearing the message, John 3:16, during almost every big football game I’ve ever watched. Being politically correct must be difficult.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

-----------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Kim Kardashian will be starring in her very own Super Bowl commercial for Skechers.

"I can finally reveal that the top-secret commercial I’ve been working on recently is my Skechers Shape-Ups Super Bowl ad!!!

I don’t want to give too much away, but the storyline of the ad is so fun and I think you guys are going to love the commercial. I have to break someone’s heart in the end… but you’ll have to wait to see why!

It’s a huge honor to be starring in a Super Bowl commercial. When I was younger I used to love the Pepsi ads from the 1990s starring Cindy Crawford… so sexy!

------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Super Bowl XLV Prediction

Final Score: Green Bay 27, Pittsburgh 24

----------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Points to ponder and reflect on from the past season as the Packers head to Dallas .

Let's look at the Vikings bill for the 2010 season:

On top of their regular payroll Minnesota had these expenses:

Moss $ 3.3m
    Favre $16m
    Childress $6.6m (have to pay him thru 2012)
    All this for 3-7 Season

Other stats to ponder:

After the Packers/Bills game, Buffalo released quarterback Trent Edwards.

During the Packers/Eagles game, the Packers injured Philadelphia quarterback Kevin Kolb and they had to play backup Michael Vick.

During playoff game, Packers injured Michael Vick and backup was needed.

After the Packers/Cowboys game, Dallas fired Wade Phillips

After the Vikings game, Minnesota fired Brad Childress.

Four weeks after losing to the Packers, the 49er's coach, Mike Singletary, was fired and replaced.

After the Bears Playoff game, the Packers injured Jay Cutler and backup Todd Collins forcing them to play 3rd string quarterback Caleb Hanie.

Is it just me, or are the Packers creating more jobs than Obama this year?

Go Packers!

---------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Oh Oh! Another love-smitten quarterback shooting for the Super Bowl victory. That's not good news for the Steeler fans. We have seen this happen before during Big Games in the postseason:

Love-smitten Cowboys QB Tony Romo & Actress/Singer Jessica Simpson
    (The HOT romance lasted November 2007 to July 2009)

Big Game - January 2008 postseason playoff loss to the New York Giants.
    Big Game - January 2009 postseason playoff loss to the Minnesota Vikings.

--------------------------------------------------

Love-Smitten Jets QB Mark Sanchez & USC Student Jennifer Mueller
    (The HOT romance lasted October 2009 to April 2010)

Big Game - January 2010 AFC Championship loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Love-Smitten Jets QB Mark Sanchez & Sports Reporter Lindsay McCormick.
    (The HOT romance lasted September 2010 to an over-the-phone
    break-up prior to the postseason Pittsburgh game)

Big Game - January 2011 AFC Championship loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Love-smitten Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger and Fiancée Ashley Harlan

Big Game - Super Bowl XLV?

Packers QB Aaron Rogers - Justa Playa havin' FUN!

Big Game Advantage - This guy isn’t ready to settle down any time soon.

Go Packers!

Last edited by Wingfoot; February 4th, 2011 at 05:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast