Thread: Overpaid Professional Athletes-

Years of Experience
    na

Default Overpaid Professional Athletes-

Something that should always be near the top of the list...

WHAT??? promotes such $ Im not paying that price (maybe some seating should be set aside for the less fortunate that cant afford it though)...

WHY??? Dont they expand the capacity for more secondary leagues if so much money can be thrown at these events???

HOW??? Can anyone fathom the amount these guys make...

Default Re: Overpaid Professional Athletes-

I remember my dad bitching about Nolan Ryan being the first millionaire athlete. T Woods will be the first Billionaire.
    If I'll spend 85 dollars per ticket to see a shit team (winless at that), then I guess these guys can make what they do.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Overpaid Professional Athletes-

I stopped watching baseball a few years ago when Alex Rodriguez signed his first mega deal (10 years, 250 million dollars). I was able to stay away from the game for a few years but I eventually came back, though it wasn't at the same capacity as before. I don't attend games. I don't buy the jerseys or memorabilia. I watch my games on tv and play my fantasy sports. I can't stand that the athletes nowadays make what they do. To hear what players like CC Sabathia or Manny Ramirez may get this offseason on a new deal makes me sick. And it's not just baseball. NFL football has too may unproven players making millions of guaranteed dollars. Basketball has players sitting on the bench making more than 20 million dollars a season (Marbury). The payouts for a PGA tournament are flat out stupid. In the mean time our teachers, policemen, firemen, and other working stiffs, including locators, earn meager paychecks and sit idle while we listen these "gifted" people cry about only making the league minimum, which is still more than we make in 10 years time.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.