Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: NFL is finally back

Years of Experience

Default Re: NFL is finally back

Holy crap Wingfoot, what happened to the Chiefs? No way I thought they would choke out!

Years of Experience

0-9 in the playoffs now in the last 20 years.

Years of Experience

Man, Triplett is really ruling in favor of the Bengals hardcore.

That last catch in the first half should've been incomplete, he lost it the same way Calvin Johnson lost it vs. the Bears, yet they rule it a catch. WTF?!?!?!??!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    2014 Super Bowl Odds Futures to Win Super Bowl 48
    NFL Futures Odds For Winning Super Bowl XLVIII
    MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ, 2/2/2014

***Updated 11/6/2013 Entering Week 10 of the Season***
    Super Bowl Favorites in Red

Denver Broncos (7-1)................................+$350 (7 to 2)
    Kansas City Chiefs (9-0)........................+$1,200 (12 to 1)
    San Francisco 49ers (6-2)..........................+$500 (5 to 1)
    Seattle Seahawks (8-1).............................+$500 (5 to 1)

The odds-makers do not expect the 9-0 Kansas City Chiefs to make it to the 2014 Super Bowl and instead choke during the first round of playoffs.

------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL Post Season Super Bowl XLVIII Wild Card Playoffs Sport Betting Odds:

Sat, Jan 4, 2014 - 4:35 pm EST.......... Spread/Moneyline ....................... Total

Kansas City Chiefs - Underdog................. +3 (-130) ...................... 47 (-105) over
    Indianapolis Colts - Favored..................... -3 (+110) ............................ (-115) under

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Holy crap Wingfoot, what happened to the Chiefs? No way I thought they would choke out!
    Greetings Mark! - I don't know how the odds makers do it. They accurately predicted a Kansas City Playoff choke months ago. They also accurately predicted a Colt Playoff win over the Chiefs by less than 4 points. How do they do that shit?

Kansas City lost their best player to a concussion, Jamaal Charles, within the first 4 minutes of the game. Then the Chiefs lost two more starters to concussions shortly thereafter. When the Chiefs lead the Colts at halftime 38 - 10, I, along with millions of Chief fans world-wide, started thinking about East Rutherford, NJ, 2/2/2014. The Chiefs lost more players due to injuries one-by-one throughout the rest of the game. Then Andrew Luck and T.Y. Hilton came alive after halftime to overcome a 28 point deficit and won the game by one f*ing point. Oh, well - maybe next year; or maybe NOT!

In 1997, I knew a Native American Indian who makes the annual trip to the United Tribes International Powwow held at United Tribes Technical College in Bismarck, North Dakota. He said the tribes take offense to the professional sports teams in America who use symbols in their organizations demeaning indians. The Washington "Redskins." The symbol of the Cleveland "Indians." The Atlanta "Braves." And yes, my Kansas City "Chiefs." The tribes could care less how well these teams play, or how poorly they play during their regular season games. It is the post-season of these four teams these tribes are focused.

Every year at the Powwow, the spiritual leaders of the 70 tribes in attendance pray in unison to their spirit gods to block these four teams from winning post-season championships. How effective have their prayers been? The Washington Redskins' last championship was in 1991. The Cleveland Indians' last championship was in 1948. The Atlanta Braves' last championship was in 1995 and my Kansas City Chiefs' last championship was in 1969. The tribes will stop "hexing" these teams after they change their names as not to provoke the tribes. Fat chance of that ever happening....... just sayin'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mark likes this.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by daman1 View Post
    That's the thing with the Packers. If they can make it into the post-season with home field advantage, they get an automatic extra advantage considering they are the only team used to playing outdoors in the frigid north. Most of the other teams have hardly any experience playing in the elements anymore. The Packers are used to it but if you play indoors on the sunny west coast, Green Bay in January is a rude awakening. Just holding onto the ball when you can't feel your fingers is a trick.
    I'm sure there are a bunch of northern locators who, after these last few weeks, would agree. I see lots of incompletes and fumbles in the Niner's future.

Awwwww NUTS

Years of Experience

Well ... I still love my team and we will be back next year!! We still have #12 and #52 and I think we'll be okay next season.

AND... we are better than the following teams that suck:

bears (lmao)
    Detroit
    Minnesota

It was a great run, right Jayc?!!! Hell yeah.

Thank you Green Bay Packers!

Years of Experience

Well, kinda disappointing game today. Hard to really fault any particular part of it by the Pack...only thing I can say is I wish Micah Hyde came up with that interception in the 4th qtr. But I can't fault him for dropping it, it was tough to come up with. We didn't have a lot of drops and Starks and Lacy had great games.

Our defense really needs to improve, we need to get rid of Capers and get a better disciplined defense - one reason why Kapthedick came up with those runs...hell, even I said on that 3rd and 5 that it was a QB draw. But we had nobody in the middle of the field to head him off, and when we did, our backs were to the line of scrimmage.

I'm really glad we don't have Andy Dalton as a quarterback though.

Years of Experience

Well ... I still love my team and we will be back next year!! We still have #12 and #52 and I think we'll be okay next season.

AND... we are better than the following teams that suck:

bears (lmao)
    Detroit
    Minnesota

It was a great run, right Jayc?!!! Hell yeah.

Thank you Green Bay Packers!
    I feel very sorry for you guys since you admit your team is only better than 3 other teams.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    I feel very sorry for you guys since you admit your team is only better than 3 other teams.
    Who was your team again?

Years of Experience

So the Bears were looking for a new quarterback...

The coach had put together the perfect team for the Chicago Bears. The only thing that was missing was a good quarterback. He had scouted all the colleges and even the Canadian and European Leagues, but he couldn't find a ringer who could ensure a Super Bowl win.

Then one night while watching CNN he saw a war-zone scene in Afghanistan . In one corner of the background, he spotted a young Afghan Muslim soldier with a truly incredible arm. He threw a hand-grenade straight into a 15th story window 100 yards away.

KABOOM!

He threw another hand-grenade 75 yards away, right into a chimney.

KA-BLOOEY!

Then he threw another at a passing car going 90 mph.

BULLS-EYE!

"I've got to get this guy!" Coach said to himself. "He has the perfect arm!"

So, he brings him to the States and teaches him the great game of football. And the Bears go on to win the Super Bowl.

The young Afghan is hailed as the great hero of football, and when the coach asks him what he wants, all the young man wants is to call his mother.

"Mom," he says into the phone, "I just won the Super Bowl!"

"I don't want to talk to you", the old Muslim woman says."You are not my son!"

"I don't think you understand, Mother," the young man pleads. "I've won the greatest sporting event in the world. I'm here among thousands of my adoring fans."

"No! Let me tell you!" his mother retorts. "At this very moment, there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. Your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week, and I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn't get raped!" The old lady pauses, and then tearfully says, "I will never forgive you for making us move to Chicago !!!!
    yahoo and Wingfoot like this.

Years of Experience

Who was your team again?
    I don't really have a favorite team. I just love football. I guess you could say I'm a Peyton fan though.

Years of Experience

NFL Post Season Super Bowl XLVIII Divisional Playoff Sport Betting Odds:

Sat, Jan 11, 2014 - 4:35 pm EST.......... Spread ........................... Total

New Orleans Saints - Underdog................ +8 ................................ 46
    At Seattle Seahawks - Favorite................. -8

Sat, Jan 11, 2014 - 8:15 pm EST

Indianapolis Colts - Underdog................... +7 ................................ 52
    At New England Patriots - Favorite............ -7

Sun, Jan 12, 2014 - 1:05 pm EST

San Francisco 49ers - Favorite.................... -1 ............................ 41.5
    At Carolina Panthers - Underdog................ +1

Sun, Jan 12, 2014 - 4:40 pm EST

San Diego Chargers - Underdog................. +9.5 ........................... 54.5
    At Denver Broncos - Favorite..................... -9.5

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Good one about the Qback JayC

Years of Experience

NFL Post Season Super Bowl XLVIII Divisional Playoff Sport Betting Odds:

Sun, Jan 19, 2014 - 3:00 pm EST............... Spread ........................ Total

New England Patriots - Underdog................ +5 .............................. 55.5
    At Denver Broncos - Favorite....................... -5

Sun, Jan 19, 2014 - 6:30 pm EST

San Francisco 49ers - Underdog.................. +3.5 ........................... 39.5
    At Seattle Seahawks - Favorite.................... -3.5

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

I'm glad you say that.

Because you have been wrong on about every prediction you've made in this thread so far.

Read the very first post in this thread nerd! The 3 teams I predicted are still playing.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast