Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: NFL is finally back

Years of Experience

Default Re: NFL is finally back

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Also, the Pack has not won in Dallas since 1989.
    Looks like we did today, girlfriend.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by jayc View Post
    Oh, how about Dez Bryant staying classy at the end of the game?

4:32 - Dez Bryant staying classy at the end of the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mark likes this.

Years of Experience

How in the $&@;()$$, did the cowboys lose when their ahead 29-3 and averaging 7 1/2 yards per rush? They deserved to lose that game. They just abandon the run game in the second half, and you don't do that when your ahead by 3 1/2 touchdowns.

Years of Experience

Oh, how about Dez Bryant staying classy at the end of the game?
    He wont be in the.league long if he.keeps acting like that. Dont matter how good you think you are. Look at ocho sincnco

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by union_YES View Post
    He wont be in the.league long if he.keeps acting like that. Dont matter how good you think you are. Look at ocho sincnco
    That's not the first time I've called him out about this kind of crap. I remember a few weeks ago he did something like yelling at his coaches and QB on the sideline for not being passed to enough or something like that.

Years of Experience

Dez Bryant left field so people wouldn't see him cry

There were many storylines to come out of the Cowboys' enormous collapse against the Packers on Sunday.

One of the biggest was Dez Bryant leaving the field with 1:24 remaining in the game while Green Bay was closing out it's 37-36 victory.

Dallas had blown a 26-3 halftime lead and the pain was just too much for the team's star wide receiver.

On Monday, it was reported that Bryant revealed that he bolted for the locker room because he didn't want people to see him crying.

The wideout also apologized to the orgainzation, saying, "I'm a team guy. I extremely, extremely apologize for leaving, but my teammates and coaches understand. I'm a very emotional player and we didn't finish. It had nothing to do with my teammates. We fought. I couldn't watch Green Bay kneel that ball down."
    SOURCE: Dez Bryant left field so people wouldn't see him cry | FOX Sports on MSN

Queer.
    union_YES and Wingfoot like this.

Years of Experience
    na

GO RAVENS!!!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    GO RAVENS!!!

Yeah, they'll probably win too since I went with the Lions.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    GO RAVENS!!!

I second that....a Lions loss means the Packers move up in the standings!

Years of Experience

I second that....a Lions loss means the Packers move up in the standings!

Years of Experience

Yeah, they'll probably win too since I went with the Lions.
    You've got to be @$)(:;?!& kidding me!!!!!!!

Years of Experience

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

LION START OFF ON SUNDAY IN FIRST PLACE AND BY END OF MONDAY THEY ARE IN 3RD PLACE. With the bears and packers playing in the last week they still have a chance.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Geeze. Cowboys really suck, can't even beat da Bears.
    Spending $1.2 billion on a football stadium can get you a lot, but apparently not a good sense of how high to hang 2,100-inch video screens above the field.

At the debut of the new Dallas Cowboys stadium last night, Tennessee Titans punter A.J. Trapasso kicked a ball that struck one of the gargantuan high-definition scoreboards that hang over the center of the field. Trapasso's punt sailed straight up and hit one of the two scoreboards that face the endzone. It deflected backward and was ruled in-play until Titans coach Jeff Fisher informed officials (who had been watching the players, not the ball) that the punt struck the scoreboard. By rule, the down was replayed.

Jerry Jones wasn't happy with the kick, not so much because he felt that somebody on his engineering team screwed up by placing the video boards too low, but because he seems to think that Trapasso was trying to hit the board on purpose. When asked whether he thought the scoreboard should be raised higher, Jones snapped:

"That's not the point. How high is high if somebody just wants to sit there and kick straight up?

"If you look at how you punt the football, unless you're trying to hit the scoreboard, you punt the ball to get downfield. You certainly want to get some hangtime, but you punt the ball to get downfield, and you sure don't punt the ball down the middle. You punt it off to the side."

Later, Jones reitirated that he would not be moving the scoreboard higher. Trapasso and the regular Titans punter, Craig Hentrich(notes), think that's a bad idea. Said Hentrich:

"I hit it probably a dozen times in pregame," Hentrich said. "Probably somewhere around a five-second punt is going to hit it and some of the guys in the league wouldn't be able to punt here if it's not raised, they'd just be non-stop hitting it. I don't know what the people were thinking. I guess they should have tested things out before they put that thing in place. It'll have to be raised."

During the debut preseason game of Cowboys Stadium, a punt by Tennessee Titans punter A. J. Trapasso hit the 2,100 in. screen above the field. The punt deflected backwards and was ruled in-play until Titans coach Jeff Fisher informed the officials that the punt struck the scoreboard. By rule, the down was replayed. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones believes that Trapasso was trying to hit the scoreboard, saying "If you look at how you punt the football, unless you're trying to hit the scoreboard, you punt the ball to get downfield. You certainly want to get some hangtime, but you punt the ball to get downfield, and you sure don't punt the ball down the middle. You punt it off to the side." Whether the screen would affect an opposing team's punting strategy has been debated. For teams with strategies centered on maximizing hang-time, physicist Christopher Moore of Longwood University has shown via computer simulation that well-kicked punts have the potential to hit the screen no matter the field position. Trapasso disputed Jones' suggestion that he was intentionally trying to hit the board, and other NFL punters have suggested that the board may pose a problem for longer hang-time punts. The screen was retrofitted with 16 custom winches using 11,000 ft. of 1-1/2" domestic galvanized wire rope to accomplish the safe, efficient transport of the video board in time to make room for U2's massive set during their 360 Tour, and was moved back down after the concert. The video board is also the primary attachment point for up to 370,000 pounds of concert and theatrical rigging.

On August 24, 2013, Cowboys punter Chris Jones became the second player to hit the scoreboard. He would concede a touchdown on the re-kick.

Guinness World Records was on hand at the September 28, 2009 game against the Carolina Panthers to award certificates to the Chairman of Mitsubishi Electric and Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones for the World's Largest High-Definition Video Display. It has since been surpassed in size by the video board at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

The video board has been surpassed by the board at Reliant Stadium. For basketball events played in Cowboys Stadium, such as the 2010 NBA All-Star Game, the video board is actually larger than the court.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mark likes this.

Years of Experience

Dude, take a look at this video. Watch close, Supah.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast