Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daytona 500

4Q2
    Years of Experience

Default Daytona 500

Nice to see JR on the pole again...............wonder if they'll let him win another one to get some fans back.................or if he will just crash out about half way through as usual???

Default Re: Daytona 500

I hope for a good, fun race. New pavement, faster speeds, 2-car drafts are all new to the event. I see your point of the "let him win" comments as in the 2001 Pepsi 400 when they went back to Daytona. They (the field of drivers) did in fact let him win that, no doubt. As much of a disgrace as Fav're letting Strahan get the sack record, but that's another story. I can't blame Jr for crashing the next race after his father died. I didn't like Dale Sr. I was a Gordon fan, but I wish he was still around racing, that's for sure. And if Dale Jr can once again be competitive, it will sure be fun to watch. With all that said, I'm not a fan of all this 10-yr anniversary, hold your 3 fingers up and silence for lap 3 stuff. Just race boys..

Years of Experience

Hey fellas - Dale Jr. won the 2010 NMPA Most Popular Driver award for the 8th consecutive time. Race fans LOVE this guy! I'm kinda neutral when it comes to Jr. Jr blew his chances for a World Championship during the 2001 through 2004 seasons.

Today, Jr is driving the HOTTEST equipment on the track surrounded by the best people money can buy. Jr has the exact same car as 5-time World Champion Jimmie Johnson and Jr finished the 2010 Season ranking 21st. 21st place is the worst of the best and the best of the worst. Granted, Jr doesn't have the same crew as Jimmie's, but come on.............

If Jr doesn't show dramatic improvement in 2011, I can vision Hendricks not renewing Jr's contract; just my opinion. If Jr can't get a Championship in a Hendricks car, then it's doubtful he'll ever get one - just sayin'.

--------------------------------------------

Nice Font and letterhead you have. Surely there is nothing behind that or your needs to be as such.

WoW dude, overcompensate much?

Because you TYPE THE LOUDEST DOEST MEAN YOU ARE THE ONLY VOICE.

I like all points of discussion but , seriously, guy typing Caps dark bold...relax bro..that , I guess is your thing and this is like every other forum and everyone loves you for it...otherwise, it is rude.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadNutsOn View Post
    Nice Font and letterhead you have. Surely there is nothing behind that or your needs to be as such.

I like all points of discussion but , seriously, guy typing Caps dark bold...relax bro..that , I guess is your thing and this is like every other forum and everyone loves you for it...otherwise, it is rude.
    Excuse me "Dead" , but this is just your 3rd post and you are criticisizing Wing , with 1500 posts? I for one, appreciate Wing's large font use - it helps my Old Eyes. Your opinion on this matter, however, is not appreciated and as far as I'm concerned has no place on this forum.
    So, if you don't like the way Wing , or any other veteran of this forum posts, then leave and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadNutsOn View Post

Excuse me "Dead", but this is just your 3rd post and you are criticisizing Wing , with 1500 posts? I for one, appreciate Wing's large font use - it helps my Old Eyes. Your opinion on this matter, however, is not appreciated and as far as I'm concerned has no place on this forum.
    So, if you don't like the way Wing , or any other veteran of this forum posts, then leave and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!
    Whoa fellas! Let's not get started on the wrong foot!

First, thank's spray for protecting my flank! You're my buddy! Luv Ya Man! But DeadNutsOn has a legitimate call on this one.

Forums I've been a member of in the past, only the Administrator exercised the BOLD type option. The'Vine's Administrator, Steve, has graciously allowed Wingfoot to freely exercise this option without ever asking why.

sprayandpray hit a home run in his post - My eyesight sucks bad. I can't see anything up close without my eyeglasses. I preview every post I make and the bold type makes it so much easier for me. My posts may appear to be authoritative in nature, but that is not my intent.

Now, addressing this thread, I work part time for 2 Goodyear race tire distributors. I travel to every NASCAR super speedway west of the Mississippi during the NASCAR season. This year I will be at 10 events working as a contract laborer for Goodyear supplying race tires for the teams for each event. Next week I will be at the Phoenix NASCAR race for 6 days and then I'll be 7 days at the Las Vegas NASCAR event. I started this part time gig in 1998 and never looked back. I work in the pits with 40+ other people who travel to more events than me; some grew up with the participants of the NASCAR sport. I have been privy to knowledge most never hear or read about. But, I don't know everything, that's for damn sure!

I respect Dale Jr for what he has accomplished. He is no slouch. I wish Jr well for this 2011 NASCAR season and it would be nice if he got his World Championship.

So, with all that being said, I welcome you, DeadNutsOn, as a member and ask you to please post often. Luv Ya Man!

----------------------------------------------------

Wing, you're just getting soft in your old age!! Luv Ya Man. BTW, Jr. wrecked his car today.

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

My apologies. I was drinking last night..a lot. When I do so I can really come across like a jerk and should really stay away from typing at those times but it's only when drunk I feel comfortable to say anything. Pretty shy IRL. Sorry.

Also, nice call on Jr crashing and thanks for your kind response. Cheers

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

we are now in the age where people now live in the era of social networking. i guess the cable vine is like twitter and facebook, One may post something to quickly and have to deal with the fallout. some girl just recently got expelled for something she posted on her facebook as her status and one of her teachers read it. Also all those jocks that twitted on how cutler's knee injury didn't seem that bad and if it was them you would of had pulled them from the field. The RB from the jags posted something about it and he had no heart but he himself didin't play the last two games of the season with play-off implications with a knee injury. A few days later he was back pedaliing

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Jr.......probably a nice guy, will never fill his dad's shoes. I'm a fan of neither, but Dale Sr. was a great driver, and spokesman for the sport. Dale Jr already wrecked his car in practice and will run the first lap behind the pace car, and then will go to the back after the first paced lap. Good luck to him, and don't stand too close to the catch fence when he comes by......
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

4Q2
    Years of Experience

Watching the Gatorade Duels was about as exciting as watching the Tour De France. Team Racing!!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    Jr.......probably a nice guy but will never fill his dad's shoes. Dale Sr. was a great driver, and spokesman for the sport.
    ifindit - You are very perceptive.

Nobody really knew at the time just how much Bill France, Jr respected Dale Sr's opinions and suggestions and made changes to NASCAR accordingly.

Bill France, Jr. with Dale Earnhardt, Sr.

Bill France, Jr turned the presidency of NASCAR over to Mike Helton in 2000. With Dale's passing in 2001, the car owners and drivers felt their voice in NASCAR had left with Dale.

Mike Helton, Betty France (Bill France Jr's widow) and Richard Petty

The void was filled by Richard Petty; but Richard is not as persuasive as Dale Sr.

Brian France

Brian France, Bill France Jr's son, became the CEO and chairman of NASCAR in 2003. Brian single-handedly ran off RJ Reynolds Tobacco as the major sponsor for the Cup Series during his first year at the reigns of NASCAR; followed shortly by running off Busch Beer and Sears Craftsman. IMHO, I don't think Brian is listening to anyone as of lately.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I thought the reason the tobacco and beer advertising dropped so drastically was in response to Gov't pressure on NASCAR to become politically correct and not promote 'dangerous choices"?

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I always saw Richard Petty to be the face of Nascar, a great frontman and spokesman. And Dale Sr., a guy quietly getting things done in the background. Total opposites, and both icons in the sport forever.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

4Q2
    Years of Experience

I'm hearing that some of the teams at Daytona are are scrambling to set up designated "lead cars" and "push cars" with more cooling and different gears to increase the teams chance to win. Nascar is becoming not a test of driver skill but a measure of who has the most money. Government and governing bodies will ultimately find a way to ruin what started out with good intentions and self-destruct.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast