Thread: Bradford staying at OU

Years of Experience

Default Bradford staying at OU

Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford announced Wednesday that he will return to college for another season.

The Heisman Trophy winner's announcement came at the same time that two other key offensive teammates similarly announced they will be coming back. Tackle Trent Williams and tight end Jermaine Gresham will return. Oklahoma defensive tackle Gerald McCoy announced he would return for next season earlier this week.

The gloom of another Oklahoma BCS bowl loss was brightened considerably when Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Sam Bradford and three other key players announced they are returning to school after considering declaring for the NFL draft.

Bradford had been projected as a first-round draft choice and among the first quarterbacks selected in the draft. But the chance to return and lead Oklahoma to its first national championship since 2000 and direct the Sooners to an unprecedented fourth straight Big 12 title lured him back.

"After looking at all the information and the opportunities, I feel that it's in the best interest for me to come back," Bradford said.

Bradford, whose father played football at Oklahoma under Barry Switzer in the mid-1970s, said he wavered for several days about returning to college or declaring for the draft.

"I've dreamed about playing at Oklahoma since I was little," Bradford said. "My three years here have been probably three of the best years of my life. ... I feel there's no need to cut this experience short."

Default Re: Bradford staying at OU

Hell, OU pays better than the NFL!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.