Thread: 2009 NFL Draft

Years of Experience

Default 2009 NFL Draft

Darren McFadden was drafted by the Oakland Raiders with the fourth overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. The Raiders signed running back McFadden to a six-year, $60 million contract which included $26 million in guarantees. McFadden ended his rookie season with 499 yards rushing on 113 attempts, with four touchdowns. WoW! That's an incredible $200,400 per rookie rushing yard! Or, if you will, $2.5 million per rookie touchdown! (The Raiders deserve what they get..........)

The draft is setup for players to have an opportunity to play in the NFL. I would love to see rookies take the minimum salary and sign a two year contract. That way, if the player proves himself, he will get paid the right way in million$. But if he busts (and my team has had their share of 1st-round losers), then let him play somewhere else - or still get paid the minimum salary until his performance improves for the BIG paycheck. Not paying rookies the multi-million dollar deals would bring the minimum salaries up for all players on the team.

Every team organization should get together and have a real plan about the draft with realistic rookie salaries. I realize that will never happen. The draft should be about rookies making a NFL team - not get rich first and then see if they can play.

------------------------------------------------

Football Draft "gurus" say the Detroit Lions is a total mess, and may very well be known as the worst team of all time. The Lions get to pick first, and it is predicted that Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia will be the one to make the image makeover for the team. There is no better way than with a franchise quarterback. The Lions need an offensive line that can protect the QB.

The St. Louis Rams get the second pick - most likely will be Jason Smith, OT, Baylor.

The Kansas City Chiefs pick third - most likely will be Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest.

The Seattle Seahawks pick fourth - most likely will be Mark Sanchez, QB, USC.

The Cleveland Browns get fifth round pick - most likely will be Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas.

The Cincinnati Bengals get sixth round pick - most likely will be Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia.

#7 - Oakland Raiders - most likely will be Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech.

#8 - Jacksonville Jaguars - most likely will be Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri.

#9 - Green Bay Packers - most likely will be B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College.

#10 - San Francisco 49ers - most likely will be Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri.

------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Default Re: 2009 NFL Draft

i can't believe you spoke about BH's team in an actual post!!!!!! hahhahaahahahhaahahhah get the paper bags out !!!! that's a inside joke b/w me and BH!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Ohhhhhhh Ssshhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Not another offensive player.... Joey "Blue Skies" Harrington, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Kevin Jones, Roy Williams, Ernie Sims, Calvin Johnson, Gosder Cherilus.

All but Ernie Sims are Offensive. and the 1st 5 are no longer here. Now we have a new GM. I like the coach, but the rest worries me. God I'm dumb for renewing my season tickets.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

WTF. A quarterback and a tight end. Is Matt Millen still Friggin here?

I think I need to do some massive drinking this evening to get rid of this headache known as the Detroit Lions.

Years of Experience
    na

Here, hows this, like Robin Williams in Birdcage-

HOW BOUT THEM O' s?!?!!?!

You know, off topic of course... But it is baseball season now...

beyond,

I'm feeling your pain.

We got Cutler!!!! Go BEARS!!!!

That is all

But you gave up alot for Cutler! I hope he is what you need. Hopefully he will not run his mouth like he did in Denver!
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Damnit Chip! Don't rub it in. I wanted Cutler here. We'll never win in Green Bay or Chicago with the shit pile we have here. We didn't draft an ILB at all, 1 OL, and only 1 DL. Yet we drafted 2 TE's, and another WR. God damn, I understand that we are still paying Matt Millen, but I didn't think he still ran the F***ing draft. Hell I don't need the paper bag anymore, I just need a triple shot of Captain.

Years of Experience

Don't let the man-boobs fool you. OT Andre Smith (RD 1, #6 pick - Bengals) will be pro bowler for years to come.

Anyone else see the Leo's going 0-16 again. Very little done on the defensive end with the 2nd worst defense of ALL TIME. God help me. I think I need another drink!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoadMap View Post
    But you gave up a lot for Cutler! I hope he is what you need. Hopefully he will not run his mouth like he did in Denver!
    They didn't really give up a lot 2 picks this year (Bears have bad Luck with 1st rounders anyway I.E. Curtis Enis, Rashan Salam, Rex Grossman, Cedric Benson...I can go on.) and Orton who is still unproven. but we will have to see how it all works out before we can say who got the better of that trade. Cutler is a franchise QB which we haven't had here sence the early days when the were the Decatur staley's, jim mcmahon was the last closest thing the Bears ever had and he couldn't throw a spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip82 View Post
    They didn't really give up a lot 2 picks this year (Bears have bad Luck with 1st rounders anyway I.E. Curtis Enis, Rashan Salam, Rex Grossman, Cedric Benson...I can go on.) and Orton who is still unproven. but we will have to see how it all works out before we can say who got the better of that trade. Cutler is a franchise QB which we haven't had here sence the early days when the were the Decatur staley's, jim mcmahon was the last closest thing the Bears ever had and he couldn't throw a spiral.
    But he looked stylin doing it.