Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome Family & Friends

Default Re: Welcome Family & Friends

Tammanye, first of all welcome. Yes, they can have plates from another state for up to 5 months and 29 days per year. The $3 per day is also put back into the check. You will lose not a penny there. If you look at the pay stub there should be a truck allowance for $3, times how many days worked (14 days=$42). Then they take it back out in the deductions. This is done for some kind of tax purposes. The amount of hours is limited for how much you can drive per week. You would need to find out how many hours truckers are allowed to drive and that would answer that question. If he had to see the doctor for exaustion, he needs a few days off. That supervisor is way overstepping his bounds. Have your husband check w/ the DM if he doesn't agree with the supervisor (that is why the DM is there). In regards to drive time to a class, if it is from the field to the office, he is paid. period... It is part of his shift. The 3 hrs each way is a bunch of bs. State law would dictate if he gets paid for part of the drive home. I would say yes up to the amount from his normal work area to the office.. As for the City parking permit. Yes, it should be paid for. It is not your responsibility. THEIR truck needs to be paid for by THEM. If he gets into an accident for being too tired; 1. if there is an email directive. He will be at fault for the accident and the company is also liable. 2. If nothing in writting, he will be SOL and on his own. I believe 16 hrs/ day and 106 hrs/ week is the max, but don't quote me.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Welcome Family & Friends

Quote Originally Posted by TBONE View Post
    good time to bring back the popcorn smiley
    Don't worry I popped enough popcorn for everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12