Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Family & Friends

Default Welcome Family & Friends

Let me be the first to welcome family and friends to the locators' web site. It seems we get left out of the loop and have to keep quiet about what significantly impacts our lives as well as the locators'. This would be a way to state your thoughts and how this industry has impacted you, (i.e. time with family, money (or lack thereof), mood swings, etc.) I hope you will take advantage of this and get to know each other. If nothing else, you'll realize you are not alone in how you feel. Enjoy!

Years of Experience

Default Re: Welcome Family & Friends

hang in there locating larry....be strong for your better half.......

OK guys! Send your families this way. They can say things you can't very annonymously! Use this to your advantages! Let's hear what they feel and think!

My husband works in illinois for cls-this new meger with s m and p is pure hell on our lives they are so disorganized its not funny, on top of working 14 to 16 hour workdays they want him to go to training all weekend in a city that is 3 hours away and doesnt even want to pay him for travel. When do they expect these guys to sleep? And now the new s m and p supervisor told my husband if he gets put in his crew he makes they guys work mandatory 12 hour days including saturday wether or not their tickets are done. How many hours can they work these guys legally? what happens if they get in a car accident because they are tired? Don't get me wrong the pay is good but my husbands saftey and well being is way more important to me.

Hey tammanye! Glad you are here! How long has your husband worked for cls? Is he a locator? You are absolutely correct about disorganization. I'm still trying to figure out from day to day what these companies want. One day it's one way and another day they've changed the rules and not told us. About the 14-16 hours a day, been there and done that! It's hard but the saving grace is winter will be here soon. Things will ease up some then. Take the money while you can and stock pile it. There may come some weeks when you'll need it. Also remember next year could be different and you may not get any hours, just depends on contracts and who controls what! So, while it is difficult for the moment, remember there is an ending in site. Hang in there. Let him do what he needs to do for the company for now. It won't last very long.

Years of Experience
    na

Can you tell me if you have Florida tags on that truck in Chicago???

Im debating confronting the states the CLS trucks are

permanently located in and find out how they rate such a loophole and

whether or not its legal to get away with year after year...

I thought any vehicle residing and garaged in a state over 30 days needs to
    be registered there????

If someone has dual residency(one state or another), I think duration of time could be established based on say gas reciepts to prove which location should be the justifiable state for registration and inspection and whatever other loopholes may exist...

I wonder what the right people in the various states would have to say on this matter ...

Maybe they would like to do an audit on that???

USIC1 - Husband says you are exactly right on that! I know of one state (won't say which) that has FL tags on their vehicles, it's not the one you just asked about!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    Can you tell me if you have Florida tags on that truck in Chicago???

Im debating confronting the states the CLS trucks are

permanently located in and find out how they rate such a loophole and

whether or not its legal to get away with year after year...

I thought any vehicle residing and garaged in a state over 30 days needs to
    be registered there????

If someone has dual residency(one state or another), I think duration of time could be established based on say gas reciepts to prove which location should be the justifiable state for registration and inspection and whatever other loopholes may exist...

I wonder what the right people in the various states would have to say on this matter ...

Maybe they would like to do an audit on that???

You just dont let anything go do you??????

yes it does have florida tags,but with the new meger comes new trucks and now we get to pay 3 dollars a day for the use of said truck. This is all such a huge pain he was hired on with certain bonuses and now they are taking them back. I will just count my blessings that we are in a better position financially then most of our friends,and hope the company will finally work the kinks out. As for reporting the trucks I am not to sure how that goes as we are a military family on top of it,and the truck has base stickers because my husband locates on the base as well (military are exempt of changing registration on vehicles in most states including florida and illinois) but I do know the company has had to pay two parking tickets for us because in our town if you don't have a city sticker and park overnight on the street its a 50$ fine

The company paid the tickets for you? Wow, how'd you get them to do that. Never paid any for us. (Not that we get a lot.)

Years of Experience
    na

Why cant I register my personal vehicle in Florida???

Why do corporations get away with finagling the rules and laws but the average Joe citizen gets the shaft if they try???

For instance the banking crisis right now after the runaway housing boom/bust that was allowed to occur compliments of yours truly Uncle to get out of the tech bust in 2000 by printing the crap out of money aka lowering rates...

So now the banks are in trouble and the fed is lending money to them at a rate of~2%...

A loan at a rate of 2 frikin %!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So they can run out again and shaft Joe citizen at 6, 7, 8 % again...

Is the fed doing anything of that magnitude for a defaulting individual for a home or any other scenario that they ended up in hoc over???

HELL NO!!! Your ass is back at a financial institute paying that high premium, if one even qualifies...If not

you will be laying in a gutter somewhere sleeping in a box...

Our government could give to craps about the individual...

Yep thats it your just a frikin number doin time these days...

An invaluable commodity accept for being a slave of the system...So get out there and slave for that 10$ gallon of milk now...That 2 footed gas price is goin up to...
    Last edited by USIC1; June 20th, 2008 at 07:01 PM.

Years of Experience

good time to bring back the popcorn smiley

the company only pays for the no city sticker parking ticket nothing else and thats because if the dont it will end up being 500 bucks and the truck will be booted and impounded after 3 months of non payment- I found out how the trucks can be here with florida tags its because they are part of a fleet and have some kind of permit (like semi trailers) also its part of an inter state compact made between the company and state of illinois,because the company does the majority of utlity locates for the state and cities. at least thats what one big wig explained to me,could be a buch of b.s. for all I know

Why should you have to re-register in every state? Especially b/4 the current registration expires - it's just another form of over taxation by a government entity.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience
    na

Its like having to requisition DMV in writing to get back the prorated amount of your yearly regisrtation fee for a vehicle that was taken out of service and the tags turned in during the year...

They know how to tally up the tax and send you a bill when you get that new vehicle or for whatever other reason you owe them...But you have to jump through hoops to get back what they ought to know they owe a vehicle owner...Such as the date the tags were turned in... They know from then on you get a prorated amount back and why not right there on the spot at DMV???

Oh! Hell NO!!! we want you to forget!!!

How bout that DMV SCAM?!?!?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast