Thread: For those of you with small children

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default For those of you with small children

I've got a good one for you.....

I got a call from my wife on Friday, she is a waitress and she typically gives me cash every couple of days for gas and lunch etc. so I don't abuse my ATM card too badly.

Wife: Did you get your gas money I left for you on this morning?

Me: No, I didn't think you left me any, I used my card. Why?

Wife: I just got a call from your son's teacher. (He's 6, and a great kid)

Me: Oh boy...... why him?

Wife: His teacher just recieved $20 from your son to donate to Children's Cancer Research.

Me: Uhhhhhhh, is that bad?

Wife: Yes, they were supposed to be collecting "change" to put in a jar to donate. Your son donated your gas money.

Me: (Beaming in silence.)

Me: Oh, that is kinda bad huh? (Still beaming with pride, thank god she can't see it.)

Wife: The teacher wants to send the money home in an envelope, I told her no......Keep it and donate it.

Me: Sounds like a great plan.

Wife: Guess what you get to do tonight.....have a little talk with your son.

Me: Oh Boy....

Talk about a tough one. I'm still beaming with pride.
    Just wanted to share that expereince.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Default Re: For those of you with small children

I hope your kid doesn't go online and discover you telling kind people you never met before to go f*** themselves because they have a different opinion of you or political point of veiw. I read alot of profanity in here.
    For those of you with small children, think about those angels before you type like a monster.Even though we are anonymous in here, our true souls are doing the typing.

Years of Experience

Now THAT'S mixed emotions!! Sounds like his heart is in the right place tho!!

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

It is these times and moments in a childs life that you want to reward and remember (the caring enough to help someone else in need)...to help shape their future value system...enjoy the moment

And...as a parent you WILL want to remember these moments when he is a teen and testing the waters of personal independence...which may test your patience to the limit.

Great post ifindit.

Now, how are you going to convince him that daddy was MUCH more in need than someone else...interesting conundrum
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I hope your kid doesn't go online and discover you telling kind people you never met before to go f*** themselves because they have a different opinion of you or political point of veiw. I read alot of profanity in here.
    For those of you with small children, think about those angels before you type like a monster.Even though we are anonymous in here, our true souls are doing the typing.
    No Karen, my home computer is locked up with a password only the wife and I know. My kids don't have access to the internet unless I am leaning over their shoulders. As for dropping the old F-Bomb here on the Cablevine, I think most people have their salty language well under control. If this site was kid friendly, 90% of us wouldn't bother to get on and speak our minds.

Steve, maybe a new site idea for you......www.kidscablevine.com? Maybe www.cleancablevine.com?

I would suggest Karen up there get the first invite.
    Last edited by ifinditunderground; February 9th, 2009 at 06:32 PM.
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    No Karen, my home computer is locked up with a password only the wife and I know. My kids don't have access to the internet unless I am leaning over their shoulders. As for dropping the old F-Bomb here on the Cablevine, I think most people have their salty language well under control. If this site was kid friendly, 90% of us wouldn't bother to get on and speak our minds.

Steve, maybe a new site idea for you......www.kidscablevine.com? Maybe www.cleancablevine.com?

I would suggest Karen up there get the first invite.
    I still love your doggy, it's the cutest animal I've ever seen. I have four rotweilers and plenty of acres to let them run on. I hope you don't live in a small apartment. These dogs take the cake in crap size! They need at least one acre minimum per dog. HOW DID YOU GET HIM/HER TO POSE FOR THE VINE????

Years of Experience

that was a great story dude!!!! very good child !!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I still love your doggy, it's the cutest animal I've ever seen. I have four rotweilers and plenty of acres to let them run on. I hope you don't live in a small apartment. These dogs take the cake in crap size! They need at least one acre minimum per dog. HOW DID YOU GET HIM/HER TO POSE FOR THE VINE????
    I have him on a third of an acre. He spends most of his time in the house laying on my bed/couch like a dead cockroach. He's an ultra calm dog that gets his excersize chasing my boxer around the fenced in backyard for about 5 minutes till he's ready to take his next nap. I snapped that picture while me and him were "roughhousing" a bit. He doesn't show his 1" long daggers for any other reason. He is my 3rd Rottie.

It sounds like "dad" is doing a good job keep up the good work dude!!! It's a great feeling HUH!!!. I feel sorry for guys that never get to have moments like this. Very nice post ifindit. thanks for sharing

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Thanks MIG

good post ifindit
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Thanks Scap.

Years of Experience

DUDE,
    You and your wife are on the fast track to being very proud parents. Good work so far. enjoy this moment, explain to him how proud of him you are first, then tell him that no matter the cause taking money from mommy and daddy is wrong with out telling them first. take his game boy away for a day, then take him out for ice cream or what ever his favorite treat is. I know it is a little conflicting but you have to punish the wrong and praise the good. Congradulations on having a good kid if he keeps his morals he will do well in lfe............
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID