Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Promises - Promises - Promises

Years of Experience

Default Promises - Promises - Promises

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    I've known for a long time (as most have) that the lefts' ideals are based mostly on emotions. This is why their actions and reactions are extreme when ideals are at hand.

Emotions are a powerful force in human nature and are hard to beat with a reasoned argument. I could only guess that the only way to combat it is to use emotion against emotion.
    Greetings Steve! I am so proud of my son. I asked him if he voted and he told me he followed his father's lead of presidential elections past and voted for third-party, Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson. I have never embraced the Libertarian Party, but first, happy my son voted and second, cast a kinda/sorta non-liberal vote.

Wingfoot has always favored third party candidates over the Republicrat's offerings [there is not a shekel's difference between a Democrat or a Republican] and cast his vote either to The Constitution Party candidates or the U.S. Taxpayers Party candidates. This time Wingfoot supported Donald J. Tump; his first Republicrat vote since Ronnie Reagan's first term. But I digress.......

During my conversation with my son about the election, I asked how Amy was doing; his cute, 23-year-old girlfriend that he has been dating through this past summer. Amy is a staunch Bernie advocate and her every breathing moment spewed hatred for Trump. My son said that part of the relationship was tiresome. He told me Amy called him after the election asking him to join her, and her two girlfriends, to march in the anti-Trump protest rally here in Kansas City. My son asked Amy, "Why do you even care? You, and your friends, NEVER EVEN VOTED!" Amy responded, "If you don't join us, then you and I are through!" My son told her, "Goodbye!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Wingfoot; December 3rd, 2016 at 01:17 PM.
    TheCableVine likes this.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Default Re: Promises - Promises - Promises

As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species.

The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.
    Wingfoot and TheCableVine like this.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daman1 View Post
    . . . .conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.
    Very thought provoking. What is more important than that which leads to procreation?
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    . . . .My son told her, "Goodbye!"

Good for him. I would have done the same.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    Wingfoot... Great post.

I've known for a long time (as most have) that the lefts' ideals are based mostly on emotions. This is why their actions and reactions are extreme when ideals are at hand. Emotions are a powerful force in human nature and are hard to beat with a reasoned argument. I could only guess that the only way to combat it is to use emotion against emotion. Don't ask me how, I'm not sure myself. Just a guess.

A 5 second soundbite on a news show, whether true or not, takes weeks to combat. But, by then, it is too late. The soundbite is now gospel. The left knows this and uses it to influence their 'flock'. The right, however, doesn't realize this and thinks that the truth will overcome. how wrong they are.

I could go on but you get the point.
    Ever notice that when one side puts forward a criticism of the other, the other side just adopts that criticism and uses it against the other? It's disingenuous and shows no desire to find common ground.
    What the right called Clinton, the left called Bush. What the right said about Obama, the left now says against Trump.
    Anyone who tries to have an honest exchange of ideas are drowned out by a cacophony of divisive rhetoric.
    Both sides are becoming what they hate in the other. Don't let them turn you bitter or they win.
    Wingfoot and yahoo like this.

Years of Experience

When it comes to the race issue, Oprah Winfrey is, well, a racist. Oprah only sees sees racism as a problem of whites discriminating against blacks. Oprah's real feelings came out during a interview with the Chicago Tribune. Oprah said, “There are still generations of people, old people, who were born, bred and marinated in [racism], and they just have to die!
    - John Kass - jskass@tribune. com - November 20, 2013

1:35 ~ Akilah Hughes, a Black Lives Matter advocate, sees a more perfect United States: "get more diversity;" like "less white people. Everyone would be more CHILL and the food would be much more seasoned."

In what world does diversity mean less white people? Akilah, I think you just showed your true colors. Only someone who is racist against white people would say they want less of them in our country. Can you imagine the media backlash if a white person said that about blacks?.................. just sayin.'

Years of Experience

Many Hillary Clinton voters have ceased communicating with friends, and even family members, who voted for Donald Trump. It is so common that The New York Times published a front-page article on the subject headlined, "Political Divide Splits Relationships -- and Thanksgiving, Too."

Why is this phenomenon of cutting off contact with friends and relatives so one-sided? Why don't we hear about conservatives shunning friends and relatives who supported Hillary Clinton?

Reasons left-wingers cut Trump voters from their lives.

Those on the left really believe that those on the right are all SIXHIRB: sexist, intolerant, xenophobic, homophobic, Islamophobic, racist and bigoted. Not to mention misogynistic and transphobic.
    Greetings Fellow 'Viners! My daughter is still friendly with a few of her ex-husband's relatives. My daughter learned last weekend her ex's family gathered for a birthday party for one who turned 21. The party was held at my daughter's ex-mother-in-law's house; a gal who has been married 4 times. Free booze met there were members from each of the 4 unions represented at the party.

In attendance was my daughter's ex-sister-in-law Ashley and her family. Ashley is a very cute little white girl married to a Jamaican who plays the part as a Bob Marley wannabe.

Well, the booze flowed and Chad, Ashley's step-brother from step-father #4, made mention he proudly voted for Donald Trump. I guess Ashley's cuteness is only skin deep because triggered Ashley immediately M.F.'d Chad, plus many others in attendance (a house packed wall-2-wall with kids), gathered up her husband & her 2 kids and stormed out of her mother's house. Spewing colorful language along the way, Ashley promised this was her last family gathering.

My take-away from this event is liberalism must be a mental disorder................................ just sayin.'

UULC and Mark like this.

Years of Experience
    17 years

My take-away from this event is liberalism must be a mental disorder................................ just sayin.'

I used to let Liberals get under my skin and make me angry but that serves no purpose except to let them accomplish what they want. In my old age I have developed a much more refined outlook.

Liberals are kind of like the Slinky (kids toy from the 70's for all you kids out there)

They're not very much fun at all until you toss one down a flight of stairs......

Just sayin..... :
    Wingfoot and UULC like this.

Years of Experience

Liberalism must be a mental disorder................................ just sayin.'
    Missouri Lawmaker Faces Calls to Resign

Missouri State Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal (D-University City) of Missouri is in hot water after a comment posted on her private Facebook page calling for Donald Trump's assassination went public.

The Senator claimed she posted the comment, "I hope Trump is assassinated!," out of frustration.

"I didn't mean what I put up.* Absolutely not. I was very frustrated," she told the Daily News publication. "Things have got to change."

change.org petition:

Missouri Senator Maria Chappelle Nadal openly calls for the Assassination of our President of the United States. The linked petition is to remove Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal from her current seat and to ensure that she never holds a seat again.

*Whether she meant it or not, Chappelle-Nadal is now the subject of an investigation being conducted by the Secret Service.

UULC likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12