Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Promises - Promises - Promises

Years of Experience

Default Promises - Promises - Promises

Promises - Promises - Promises

Oprah for President 2012!

-------------------------------------------------------

Oprah has what it takes to be a WONDERFUL politician!

Oprah can dish out sincere promises one day -

Do the EXACT opposite the next!

Oprah promises everyone on her staff (355 employees - WoW!)
    will keep their jobs after her last show.

15 days after her final episode - 250 get cut!

I'm impressed that Oprah KNEW it was bullshit
    BEFORE she made the "No Lay-off" announcement!

Oprah's got my vote!

Years of Experience

Default Re: Promises - Promises - Promises

Barry Threatens 'Social Security, Veteran
    & Military Checks' For Aug. 03, 2011 Payout

At 4:23 Barry responded to the news reader's question, "this is not just a matter of Social Security checks. These are veteran's checks. These are folks on disability and their checks. There are about 70 million checks that go out." (and your f-ing check too, Barry! I'm sure Dick Cheney's Halliburton gets their check August 3rd, default or no-default, for the war effort - Wingfoot)

So, WTF Barry??? Are you sayin' there's no money in the Social Security Program? WTF happened to all the money we taxpayers have been coughing up every payday all these past decades to build a US Government mandated retirement income program? You're telling us the money is all gone and now we have to borrow money from the World Bank bastards just to pay for next month's Social Security benefits? Who stole the money from us? Someone needs to go to prison if this is true!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

wing I hate to say this but I'm pretty sure George w borrowed some a few years ago to pay some bills

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

actually... the social security trust fund was all but dissolved long ago... they (the congress of BOTH parties) have borrowed from it repeatedly to expand or invent other new programs or expand the size of government. they just put an IOU in every year... as for George w.... he wanted to change social security... he wanted all Americans to be able to take 2% of the money you pay in each week and it be yours to invest in your own private social security account dedicated to each individual. needless to say.... it didn't gain much traction... same old thing was trotted out... " he wants to privatize social security".. Just like Obama is trying to scare people about not being able to pay their benefits... I heard the numbers broken down today... and he is full of shit... the money is and will be there.... if the checks don't go out... it will be because he doesn't want them to go out.... most likely for political gain...

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Social Security recipients will get a check. This is just Obama trying to scare people into pressuring the Republicans to back down. I hope Boehner and the crew hold fast even if it means shitting down the government.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    Social Security recipients will get a check. This is just Obama trying to scare people into pressuring the Republicans to back down. I hope Boehner and the crew hold fast even if it means shitting down the government.
    I like the idea of "shitting" down the government! Let me know a time and place Steve !
    TheCableVine likes this.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

i agree with orangeboots

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

I will have to do soe looking but i do believe it was also from democrates dipping into it for a spending bill during Clinton also. There are so many entightilment programs dipping it social security.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Chef Mario Batali is living on $31 a week for food to bring awareness to how people have to eat to live on food stamps. If you do not count the cost of my MT Dew I ca live on $31 a week for food. The problem I have I Watch a 12 yr old girl buy to cases of candy bars using a food stamps debit card. See a receipt for a $400 meal of king crab and lobster paid with a food stamp debit card. Watch some one put up $70-100 worth of steaks on the belt and pay for it with a food stamps debit card and I an buying a bag of skinless boneless chicken breast

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Promises - Promises - Promises

Oprah for President 2012!

Oprah has what it takes to be a WONDERFUL politician!

Oprah can dish out sincere promises one day -

Do the EXACT opposite the next!

Oprah promises everyone on her staff (355 employees - WoW!)
    will keep their jobs after her last show.

15 days after her final episode - 250 get cut!

I'm impressed that Oprah KNEW it was bullshit
    BEFORE she made the "No Lay-off" announcement!

Oprah's got my vote!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Oprah Winfrey is probably the richest woman in TV; worth $2.9 billion. Yet when it comes to the race issue, Oprah is, well, a racist. Oprah only sees sees racism as a problem of whites discriminating against blacks. Oprah's real feelings came out during a recent interview with the Chicago Tribune. Oprah said those who criticize Obama are racists and added, “There are still generations of people, old people, who were born, bred and marinated in [racism], and they just have to die!

“It’s not just the words she said that are so unnerving. It’s how she said them: leaning forward, emoting the 'just have to die' part, dramatically nodding her head while pronouncing [each word].”
    - John Kass - jskass@tribune. com - November 20, 2013

Years of Experience

2:20 - Oprah Sez: To end racism, old white people, “they just have to die!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Default Promises - Promises - Promises

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Oprah's real feelings came out during a recent interview with the Chicago Tribune. Oprah said those who criticize Obama are racists and added, “There are still generations of people, old people, who were born, bred and marinated in [racism], and they just have to die!
    Many Hillary Clinton voters have ceased communicating with friends, and even family members, who voted for Donald Trump. It is so common that The New York Times published a front-page article on the subject headlined, "Political Divide Splits Relationships -- and Thanksgiving, Too."

Why is this phenomenon of cutting off contact with friends and relatives so one-sided? Why don't we hear about conservatives shunning friends and relatives who supported Hillary Clinton? After all, almost every conservative considered Clinton to be ethically and morally challenged. And most believed that another four years of left-wing rule would complete what Barack Obama promised he would do in 2008 if he were elected president -- "fundamentally (transform) the United States of America."

In other words, conservatives were not one whit less fearful of Clinton and the Democrats than Democrats were of Trump and Republicans.

Yet virtually no conservatives cut off contact with friends, let alone parents, who supported Clinton.

10 reasons left-wingers cut Trump voters from their lives.

1. Just like our universities shut out conservative ideas and speakers, more and more individuals on the left now shut out conservative friends and relatives as well as conservative ideas.

2. Many, if not most, leftists have been indoctrinated with leftism their entire lives.

This is easily shown.

There are far more conservatives who read articles, listen to and watch broadcasts of the left and have studied under left-wing teachers than there are people on the left who have read, listened to or watched anything of the right or taken classes with conservative instructors.

As a result, those on the left really believe that those on the right are all SIXHIRB: sexist, intolerant, xenophobic, homophobic, Islamophobic, racist and bigoted. Not to mention misogynistic and transphobic.

3. Most left-wing positions are emotion-based. That's a major reason people who hold leftist views will sever relations with people they previously cared for or even loved. Their emotions (in this case, irrational fear and hatred) simply overwhelm them.

4. Since Karl Marx, leftists have loved ideas more than people. All Trump voters who have been cut off by children, in-laws and lifelong friends now know how true that is.

5. People on the right think that most people on the left are wrong; people on the left think that most people on the right are evil. Decades of labeling conservative positions as "hateful" and labeling conservative individuals as "sexist," "intolerant," "xenophobic," "homophobic," "racist" and "bigoted" have had their desired effect.

6. The left associates human decency not so much with personal integrity as with having correct -- i.e. progressive -- political positions. Therefore, if you don't hold progressive positions, you lack decency. Ask your left-wing friends if they'd rather their high school son or daughter cheat on tests or support Trump.

7. Most individuals on the left are irreligious, so the commandment "Honor your father and your mother" means nothing to those who have cut off relations with parents because they voted for Trump.

8. Unlike conservatives, politics gives most leftists' lives meaning. Climate change is a good example. For leftists, fighting carbon emissions means saving human existence on Earth. Now, how often does anyone get a chance to literally save the world? Therefore, to most leftists, if you voted for Trump, you have both negated their reason for living and are literally destroying planet Earth. Why would they have Thanksgiving or Christmas with such a person?

9. The left tends toward the totalitarian. And every totalitarian ideology seeks to weaken the bonds between children and parents. The left seeks to dilute parental authority and replace it with school authority and government authority. So when your children sever their bond with you because you voted for Trump, they are acting like the good totalitarians the left has molded.

10. While there are kind and mean individuals on both sides of the political spectrum, as a result of all of the above, there are more mean people on the left than on the right. What other word than "mean" would anyone use to describe a daughter who banished her parents from their grandchildren's lives because of their vote?

Dennis Prager ~ Posted: Nov 29, 2016

TheCableVine likes this.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Wingfoot... Great post.

I've known for a long time (as most have) that the lefts' ideals are based mostly on emotions. This is why their actions and reactions are extreme when ideals are at hand. Emotions are a powerful force in human nature and are hard to beat with a reasoned argument. I could only guess that the only way to combat it is to use emotion against emotion. Don't ask me how, I'm not sure myself. Just a guess.

A 5 second soundbite on a news show, whether true or not, takes weeks to combat. But, by then, it is too late. The soundbite is now gospel. The left knows this and uses it to influence their 'flock'. The right, however, doesn't realize this and thinks that the truth will overcome. how wrong they are.

I could go on but you get the point.
    Wingfoot likes this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast