Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: News You May Have Missed

Years of Experience

Default Re: News You May Have Missed

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jayc View Post
    I'm boycotting these Olympics because the Russians are going through the city and killing all the stray dogs, calling them dangerous.
    To the Russians defense.... They are russian dogs, they probably are dangerous.
    Journalist Jo-Ann Barnas @ Sochi said, "I have looked for 'Sausage;' one of the friendly little media hotel strays, I but can't find him. Here is his friend:

Journalist Jo-Ann Barnas @ Sochi said, "A sign (below) near the front door of my coastal cluster hotel where the media breakfast is served. 'Cracker' sure looks like the dog we call 'Sausage:'"

Chalkboard in hotel restaurant:

Tonight's Special: Sausage and Crackers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    daman1 likes this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post

Why did Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans die in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012?

We now know that President Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and then-CIA Director David Petraeus were behind a mishandled gun-trafficking program that ended up arming the radical jihadist rebels who stormed the U.S. consulate and CIA annex in Benghazi, Libya on that fateful day.

Hillary is denying even knowing about Barry's gun-running program; although the evidence indicates it was largely her idea. Of course, everything happened under Obama’s watch and the buck stops with him. The story of Obama’s gun-running program in Benghazi is long and multifarious! It's called treason....................... just sayin'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Victor Thorn

Congressional investigators continue to dig into what was behind the September 11, 2012 terrorist attack on a United States consulate in Benghazi, Libya, where four Americans were killed. But despite unearthing some explosive findings, the researchers have missed one of the most shocking aspects of the incident. The U.S. facility in Benghazi was central to an American program to collect weapons that had been used by rebels in the war against former Libyan leader Muammar Qadaffi. Hilary arranged to ship these arms to Al-Qaeda terrorists and fighters in Syria, who are battling the Syrian government led by President Bashar al-Assad.

One especially interesting item that a bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee discovered was revealed during a hearing on January 15: Since the September 11 terrorist attack, 15 Libyan witnesses who have been cooperating with Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) investigators have been murdered. The report lacked details on who was behind these killings and noted that it was unclear whether the killings were related to the probe.

The House Armed Services Committee also released its own report days earlier. Both panels arrived at definitive conclusions and issued searing condemnations of the White House. The White House still refuses to provide witnesses and documents to investigators about the attacks. To this day not one person within the Obama administration has been held accountable.

Dean Garrison, editor of the online news site “D.C. Clothesline,” presents a broader perspective on the matter of 15 potential witnesses being eliminated, “The reports are that these witnesses were killed, which tells me they were murdered.” Garrison stated, “You don’t have to look far to find a long list of convenient deaths related to both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. My gut feeling is that some or all of these people were silenced so that they wouldn’t cooperate with the FBI.”

On January 17, Tim Brown, founder of the conservative-based website “Freedom Outpost,” shared a similar view. “We have to face a reality,” said Brown. “When we talk about corruption in D.C., people like Hillary Clinton are willing to [kill] people. Witnesses in Benghazi are dying. Those in charge of this cover-up are leaving a trail of bodies in their wake. Is this the kind of people we want leading us?”

The Washington Times columnist and radio talk show host Sara Marie Brenner offered this perspective: “In terms of the 15 dead witnesses, it appears that the Obama administration is getting rid of anyone who knew the full story in the weeks leading up to this attack in Benghazi.”

Brenner added: “With the president and his regime, if you speak out against them, you’re placed on a list. They can’t take a chance that the whole Benghazi affair will blow up in their faces. So now we have 15 dead Libyans. If you’re not in the Barack Obama camp, they’ll do whatever it takes to intimidate you.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Pa. Rep. Charged With Funneling Money, Power To Sister

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Philadelphia district attorney today announced charges against a state lawmaker from Philadelphia.

State representative Jose “JP” Miranda (D-Phila.) and his sister are charged with criminal conspiracy, perjury, and conflict of interest.

DA Seth Williams said today that Miranda had hired a “ghost” (non-working) employee so that Miranda could circumvent state nepotism laws and have his sister, Michelle Wilson, continue to act as his chief of staff.

The DA says Wilson had been working as Miranda’s chief of staff before the House Democratic Caucus ordered Miranda to get her off the payroll.

“As a result of that and a way to get around the rules, he hired a guy who had been working on his campaign as a driver, he hired him to be on a staff.”

According to the grand jury investigation, Miranda then hired a man named Timothy Duckett, a former driver for Miranda’s campaign, as a legislative assistant without actually requiring him to do any work. The DA says Duckett was also ordered by Miranda to give a portion of his state pay to Wilson.

At the same time, the grand jury said, Wilson continued to play the actual role of Miranda’s chief of staff.

“Both State Representative Miranda and his sister lied repeatedly to the grand jury,” Williams said.

The DA says the investigation into Miranda — who represents Pennsylvania’s 197th legislative district, covering sections of North Philadelphia — began in May of last year after a local television station aired a story about Duckett working at his auto repair shop on the days he was supposed to be working in Miranda’s legislative office.

Miranda, a first-term Pennsylvania legislator, is a onetime aide to City Council president Darrell Clarke and state senator Shirley Kitchen.

As of now, Duckett is not being charged with anything and will not have to return any of the money he did receive.

Both Miranda and Wilson are expected to surrender to authorities tomorrow, according to DA Williams.
    SOURCE: Pa. Rep. Charged With Funneling Money, Power To Sister « CBS Philly

Hey USIC1, say it isn't so....I thought all Democrats were honest, law-abiding individuals with absolutely no corruption at all whatsoever.

Years of Experience

Elizabeth Hurley had "Year long affair with President Clinton -
    Flying to White House for secret sex"

Bill Clinton and Liz Hurley at a Russian charity ball in November 2005

Elizabeth Hurley had a year long affair with President Bill Clinton after he flew her to Washington for sex.

During their first secret tryst his wife Hillary was asleep in the next room.

The astonishing claim comes after a tape of the actress's alleged former boyfriend Tom Sizemore was found describing how he set Hurley, 48, up with Bill Clinton following a private screening of Saving Private Ryan at the White House in 1998 - Listen to Tom Sizemore's audio:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    It's always a matter of the right investments.

I have mine spread over 3 different mutual funds. My portfolio was slowly trending upward. Now, they are down over $1,000 since Obama did his State of the Union speech. It ain't a coincidence.

Now your back up the small amount you proclaimed you were down - of course you wont mention being up much more significantly investment wise throughout your proclaimed Obama demise of the economy during his tenure... Lets not go there right??? Stocks through the roof during most of his tenure... HA!

And you need specifics !!! A lot of noise on here but no one is bitching about layoffs and how bad they are doing... U.S. companies swimming in record profits and cash...

Yellen says keep printing + Obama signing off on raising the debt = the money train rolls on

whats not to benefit from??? not having higher rates so we can put our savings in the banks like the 80's ? the boom and bust scenarios play out every which way you play it...

So just sit back with a fresh deck of cards and add on to the house like the rest of us !!!

HA! All the rest is noise... of course be ready and nimble to head for the exists when the music stops...
    Last edited by USIC1; February 16th, 2014 at 07:52 PM.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    Yellen says keep printing + Obama signing off on raising the debt = the money train rolls on

whats not to benefit from??? not having higher rates so we can put our savings in the banks like the 80's ? the boom and bust scenarios play out every which way you play it...
    You obviously never made it to any kind of 6th grade economics course out there. First, "Yellen says keep printing"...do you know what happens when you just keep printing money all willy-nilly? Inflation. Yes, the dollar actually loses value - oh wow, where have I seen that recently?

Second, "Obama signs debt ceiling increase"...if you keep raising the debt ceiling instead of doing something fiscally responsible, LIKE PAYING OFF THE DEBT YOU'VE CREATED it's only going to get worse.

Seriously, I learned this stuff in like 4th grade. You're a grown man.

Years of Experience

Hey JayC I learned all that in fourth grade also then in 6th grade I learned something else, GIRLS they had boobs and I liked them. That was the last time I thought with my big head!!!
    Wingfoot likes this.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I went down a thousand and now I'm back up... Not quite to where I was... and I should be happy? When you take a hit and then that long to recover, how much overall have I lost? Maybe I should be up another 500 to a 1,000. Did ya think about that or do you look at it as nothing lost?

And then you say enjoy it while it lasts and then run for the exits when the music stops. That is probably the most ignorant statement I've ever read from you. Where will we be when the music stops? How far will it fall before we even know it is happening?

Really, USIC1 how can you support that kind of Administration? All they are are liars and hypocrites. All the things Obama complained that Bush was doing are what Obama is doing today.

HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT HIM. PLEASE TELL ME YOUR RATIONAL. You seem to believe you are an eloquent writer... well, write a couple paragraphs on how you can support this Administration.

Yeah... that's what I thought. You don't know why you support him and if you do, you are too embarrassed to say. I understand. Maybe you should just stop talking about him altogether. It's all just "noise" anyway.

BTW. If you voted for him this last time... thanks for contributing to this sad state of affairs.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Congress passed a $1.1 trillion "omnibus" appropriation bill dealing with numerous items that fund the operations of government for the remainder of the fiscal year ending October 1, 2014.

One of the many outrageous projects buried in this 1,582 page bill is a $10,000 grant for a theater program to explore the comic book heroine Wonder Woman! The bill gives the Department of Education more money to continue nationalizing education via "Common Core." The Pentagon gets $497 billion. The war budget gets $85 billion for the ongoing Afghanistan conflict with $6 billion earmarked for projects benefiting Boeing, Lockheed-Martin and other big defense contractors.

The war industry was definitely a winner. The bill fulfills the Pentagon's request for the Army’s M1 Abrams tank program, many V-22 Osprey aircraft, Army helicopters, eight new warships for the Navy, 29 new F-35 Joint Strike Fighters, a variety of other aircraft that includes the new and improved F-18 fighters.

Along with its annual $3.1 billion monetary aid from America, the spending bill fully funds Israel's $34 million Arrow weapon system, $117.2 million for the development of Israel's David's Sling short-range ballistic missile system and $22 million for Israel's Iron Dome interceptor.

Barry has pledged to extend annual military aid to Tel Aviv through 2027. "The pending 10-year military aid package would commit the United States to give Israel up to $40 billion in military grant assistance beginning 2017. It would automatically kick in after the current 10-year, $30 billion agreement expires in 2017," PressTv reported.

The $1.1 trillion "omnibus" appropriation bill tweaks a contemplated military-pension cut so that disabled veterans and relatives of deceased service members are not affected. However, the change does not completely reverse the $6 billion military-pension cut agreed to in December. Some senators want to do that as part of a separate unemployment-insurance extension. However, keep in mind, the 2014 "omnibus" appropriation bill is just for "discretionary" federal spending. Non-discretionary spending, which is on autopilot, consists of billions in additional federal spending.

One of the main losers here – after taxpayers and future generations – is Congress’s reputation. This $1.1 trillion "omnibus" appropriation bill validates the belief that Congress can’t be trusted to keep its promises to cut spending, no matter how small the cuts are. It also makes it even harder to believe that lawmakers on both sides of the aisle will be up to the task of reforming the drivers of our future debt before it is too late.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience
    na

Our own SS rep J Kerry speaks to the oncoming biggest threat to security

Yahoo!

I hope we all take this prominent statesman's speech to heart

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

USIC1, I just realized, posts these for entertainment value. He doesn't really believe Kerry nor does he take Kerry serious on any level. He just likes to see our reaction.

This is why he won't answer any questions about supporting them. Simply because he doesn't.

Good one, USIC1. LOL.
    daman1 and Wingfoot like this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    USIC1, I just realized, posts these for entertainment value. He doesn't really believe Kerry nor does he take Kerry serious on any level. He just likes to see our reaction.

This is why he won't answer any questions about supporting them. Simply because he doesn't.

Good one, USIC1. LOL.
    I believe in a diverse perspective... When everything posted is to one sided knowing that corruption and the welfare of the people holds little presidence on both sides of the aisle, yes, I will man up, and play that martyr, and carry that cross to keep the balance of political perspectives equal ...
    Last edited by USIC1; February 17th, 2014 at 10:03 PM.
    phoenix827 likes this.

Years of Experience
    na

back to the future -

"FROM EACH ACCORDING TO HIS ABILITY, TO EACH ACCORDING TO HIS NEEDS"

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I believe in a diverse perspective... When everything posted is to one sided knowing that corruption and the welfare of the people holds little presidence on both sides of the aisle, yes, I will man up, and play that martyr, and carry that cross to keep the balance of political perspectives equal ...

And your perspective isn't one sided?

The true definition of ones perspective is "one-sided". To be "Both sided" one would have to be a hypocrite?

Unless you are considering others point of views as "A Side". For example, Republicans would be one side and Democrats would be another side? Is that what you are refering to?

Either way, you tend not to favor oneside more then the other? Better yet the side you tend to favor is anyside that can stir the pot quicker. This is ok, but there is no merit in that side other then conversation starter.

mke
    daman1 likes this.

Years of Experience
    17 years

back to the future -

"FROM EACH ACCORDING TO HIS ABILITY, TO EACH ACCORDING TO HIS NEEDS"
    ...............To each according to his contribution is a principle considered to be a defining feature of socialism by its advocates................
    inspired by Marx's writing on the subject in his Critique of the Gotha Programme, who claimed the principle to be a fundamental element of socialism within Marxist theory.............

He's just jerking your "collective" chains folks. Don't waste your time.

Last edited by daman1; February 18th, 2014 at 06:33 PM.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast