Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My "friend" JJ..............................

Default Re: My "friend" JJ..............................

Ahhhhh, don't worry about it help. We're cool. I really don't have anything bad to say about ANYONE in this online community (yes even USIC1). We're all here to share our REAL experiences in this field and talk about problems during the day or week with others who understand where we are coming from. If we find a solution, cool, if not at least we got to vent.
    Politics and beliefs are fun to debate but that is about it. One can't take that stuff too serious because everyone is different and if you DO take that stuff that serious then you had BETTER get a thicker skin about it.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Thick skin and a healthy sense of reality.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

well said AUL!!!!!! the elections did strain us all a bit????!!?!?!?! i'm so happy it's over!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    well said AUL!!!!!! the elections did strain us all a bit????!!?!?!?! i'm so happy it's over!!!
    You and me both. I still back over Obama signs, if they're close to the road though. And, generally I'll go back in forward, and then back in reverse, to ensure the sign has been crushed to the maximum extent. If I happen to set off my camera doing this, I remove my Utiliquest hat to reveal my shaved head, and yell "NAZI!!!!" to the camera, ensuring that the liberal Californian asshats who review our drivecam clips really understand what an outstanding taxpaying citizen I am.

Just kidding, but yeah, seriously...I'm glad it's all over and done with. At least Rush and Hannity have quality material for the next four years~
    Last edited by scap; November 19th, 2008 at 08:45 PM.
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

Don't be too sure. The Dems are already pushing the "Fairness Doctrine" in an attempt to shut down the Conservative Radio Hosts. Welcome to chapter II of Nazi Rule - 1st order of business - take away our weapons and then limit Free Speech. Conservatives are now Honorary "Jews"! The Sic1 has probably already started ordering Brown Shirts with arm bands.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I say again....it's gonna be a long 4 years.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

Yes it is, Dow below 8,000, because eveyone is scared sh****less

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    Well, it ain't that easy. Take, for example, this site. If you search for the keywords utility+locating you will see that my site comes up at No. 7. underspace.com comes in at no. 157, and undergroundfocus.com doesn't even show up. At least I didn't find it. The latter two sites are pure locating sites that have been around for a long time. I'm beating them on those keywords. Getting past them was not easy.

I'm No. 1 for utility+locating+forum. The downside on that is not a whole bunch of people search for those terms.

There are a few things wrong with his forum that will keep him from succeeding. These are things that are detrimental to his site. So, he'll really be waiting a long time.

it took this site several years before I would get at least a post a day. He doubted me when I said it wasn't easy. He thought if he started it, they would come.
    Actually, if you use a video camera and a voice altering software, you can post on a video and/or audio forum and in a matter of minutes you can appear in the top search results. People are still camera shy and prefer snail typing comments on forums. Bots have to search billions of text pages daily.But I beleive it will be just a matter of time when everything is expressed in videos online.
    If you can overcome your fear of speaking to the public via camera, you CAN be in the top search results almost instantly. I am already doing it, believe me!

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Actually, if you use a video camera and a voice altering software, you can post on a video and/or audio forum and in a matter of minutes you can appear in the top search results. People are still camera shy and prefer snail typing comments on forums. Bots have to search billions of text pages daily.But I beleive it will be just a matter of time when everything is expressed in videos online.
    If you can overcome your fear of speaking to the public via camera, you CAN be in the top search results almost instantly. I am already doing it, believe me!
    When blogging first started you could easily get top positions in the SERP's by blogging. Now, blogs are treated like any old website out there. The Search Engines are quick to weed out spam and unimportant websites these days. If posting a video will get you top search results it will be just a flash in the pan. Spammers are quick to find ways to get top results. The SE's will find ways to get rid of them. I believe that the old saying 'content is king' will hold true for many years to come. I'd like to hear more about what you know when it comes to this topic. PM me if you'd like. Thanks Steve

It depends what your blog or forum is about. But for a subject like "Utility Locating" anyone that starts a video blog or has the courage to speak on camera, will rank #1 on youtube or any video hosting site in regards to this subject. You would have to add tags,keywrds when uploading your videos. But video is very powerful and gets better results than text. Brings out your creative side also. People can respond to your video in text. I am experimenting with it selling fourwheelers and motorcycles. I use YouTube videos on my blog. I recently uploaded on YouTube one I made by myself using Windows Movie Maker. The user on your site that sells saftey vests can benefit with this method with a quality video presentation of his/her unique utility locating vest and features to the world via youtube directing customers to check out at his website,versus, typing text in your locator forum and posting a photo. If you are here for entertainment only, than this content is just fine and dandy. But if you want to make some serious dough and quit locating forever, you have to take advantage of VIDEO as a powerful marketing medium for just about any type of product. Another observation is that youtube has the highest traffic in the world. Mostly little kids uploading music videos and funny entertainment content. I can never find what I like...consultation on my specific industry. That's because no one is taking advantage of medium. My little teen sister uploads videos all day long and it takes her a few seconds to talk and walla!
    while I'm here typing slow on forums using obsolete avatars and cave man methods. I asked my sister, why do you post all those videos to entertain strangers instead of taking advantage of your video skill to sell something? Kids love to load thousands of videos to entertain. and they aren't shy about it. If they can do it, then why not me? Instead of entertaining videos, I can utilize video to market my products. I really works and gets you to the top searches in this virgin medium. I say virgin because 90 percent of the population is camera shy. This is their weakness. Take advantage of this weakness while it lasts. Our kids born today are not camera shy, but lack the marketing skills

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitout View Post
    Yes it is, Dow below 8,000, because eveyone is scared sh****less
    My oh my how times have changed. I can't stand winning this much! gonna be a good next 8 years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123