Thread: Memorial Day......

Default Memorial Day......

This is my thank you this Memorial Day to those families who have lost a loved one in Defense of this country and our way of life.

I served and I came home in one piece. Many have not and this is for those who have lost.

Thank you one and all. Your sacrifices are not forgotten nor are they for not. We will always remember and continue in your names and honor.

Years of Experience
    na

Default Re: Memorial Day......

And let me follow up on that as I to have been blessed by the rite in claiming my patriotism as a US veteran...

I hope that all those that continue to serve do so for a truly justified and legitimate cause...

That no man or woman that so valiantly serves, be sacrificed to ill equipped or undefined objectives by any acting administration, now or in the future...

Let it be said let it be done...

Years of Experience

My kids are excited to go to the cemetary tomorrow. They have a ceremony every year and then the kids run and pick up the casings from the guns.

AUL said it best. The reason I have my family is because others made sacrifices and many made the ultimate sacrifice. I stand and take off my cap, and say a heart felt thank you to all present and past veterans. My child and I will stand up in our homes before a sporting event and sing along with the national anthem. I thought it was funny when my kid started yelling at other relatives before the hockey game yesterday when they weren't paying attention. My kid makes me proud that he realizes what that song stands for and why it is sung. Plus the respect that veterans deserve by just standing, taking off our caps, and singing (sometimes offkey). That is the very least we can do. Thank YOU!
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

i will second what AUL said!!!! my thoughts exactly!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

My father was in the forces as a combat demolition engineer with the Canadian forces. Those that knew him well before he left, say he was a VERY different individual when he returned.

He chose never to talk about his time in Europe and what he had seen and done
    but whatever it was,
    he was very markedly moved and changed by the experience.

One favorite memory I have of him was always keeping his British ensign .303 in immaculate condition, though I think I only ever saw him fire it once or twice after he returned. Kind of a silent reminder of where he had been I suspect.

It is a very unpleasant task that soldiers are asked to do and I believe they are not thanked enough for their efforts.

To all of you who have served so that we as Americans and Canadians can live in peace and security THANK YOU!
    Last edited by underground quester; May 26th, 2009 at 12:20 AM.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience

"No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property."

------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    i will second what AUL said!!!! my thoughts exactly!!!
    I am also in agreement with AUL.

This weekend I rented the movie "In the Valley of Elah" (2007). WoW! A drama based on actual events, and explores themes including the Iraq war. In the end, this is a somber story of how war dehumanizes individuals to the point where the taking of life makes no sense and has no purpose. Every combat soldier who comes home has a story to tell, but most keep the stories to themselves.......... Wingfoot gives this movie a BIG thumbs up!

------------------------------------------------