Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lady Members of theVine

Years of Experience

Default Lady Members of theVine

LocatingLarry sent me a very nice private message. Thanks for the kind words. I was going to respond privately, but felt my message should be read by all.

I have been a member with other Forums that I enjoyed immensely. One Forum allowed members to beat-up each other way past the flowing of blood! It was extremely humorous, until the shots were fired at the ladies. The shots at the ladies became vicious, personal and degrading. I sent many private messages asking member(s) to back off the attacks on the ladies. Their message was clear, "We need to run them (the ladies) off."

I'm not proud of many of my own posts in that Forum. Some were offensive to the ladies, I'm sure. But I never attacked a fellow member just to be mean. In retrospect, that Forum not only disrespected the ladies, it disrespected all it's members.

What's nice here, theVine members welcome the ladies. Steve, Goldenboy, and others will not allow the guy members to be un-leashed males. The guys, left to our own devices, would make the language, topics and attacks un-pleasant to it's lady members and any potential lady members.

A house is not a home without a lady's touch. Lady members make theVine what it is now; a nice home to hang out with friends, old and new!

Default Re: Lady Members of theVine

Thanks Wing!
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

- General William Thornson, U.S. Army

And here I thought LL was only PMing me!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

she's a good girl..............there are some left in the world....................
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Hey, any Lady that can put up with a locator has to have some great qualities!

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

ahhhh...that is so sweet. I, for one, do not believe that chivalry is dead and it's nice to see you guys believe in it as well. Yes, girls can do anything boys can do but i'm thrilled when a gentlemen holds the door open for me or any other gallant gesture that seems to be missing from some people today.

Well after having been a woman in this industry for over a dozen years I am sure I have heard plenty of foul language. (not always from men) If it is in context and not directed at me I do not have a problem with using more colorful words.

My current issue is the uniforms are always mens shirts and I am tired of being addressed as sir. Have been thinking of going to the alterations place and having the sleeves capped and darts put in.

Hey would you guys be adverse to a uniform with some lace or in a pretty chartreuse color???

Thanks Wing... that was a really nice post! LL... lace??? I might go for the charteuse... but not ... lace.... LOL... I would be happy just to have a vest that fit me... I get tired of these L vests... its bad enough having to walk around with work boots, tools in my back pocket... but to wear a safety vest 2x too big... its frustrating!... I feel like it adds 20#... why can't we have some that are just a little more "fitted"... instead of too big & hanging off the shoulders...

Lace? I agree with Gypsy, chartreuse is OK(color of my favorite fishing lure) but no frilly stuff

I knew "fishing" had to come into this somewhere! We could have chartreuse vests trimmed with lace with fishing lures all over them!
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

Well, looks like I'm not such a nice lady now, doesn't it. Bet I lose reputation points over that one!

Years of Experience

what am i hearing here........................have yall gone mad??????? hahhahahhah hang in there ladies of the vine........................
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Yea, lace...okay...I am all over that one.

I bet I would look dashing as a gay parader....but I do get your point!
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

I do think the pink hard hats are cute but I have to wear the company supplied hardhat with the logo.

When I worked for VA Power, the women had a bunch of shirts printed with "Women in Power" on them. We need a good slogan for Women Locators! Think hard people!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast