William Shatner on Gun Control

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chuck Norris On Gun Control

A Liberal's Plea for More Gun Control Legislation

Default Re: Gun Control

Now that was good!!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years of Experience
    30+

It would be nice for someone with a few million bucks to place ads on TV like the liberal video above. Then all the anti gun nuts would want it taken off the air for it taking their talk out of context.

Years of Experience

Angry Re: Gun Control

Shooting Advice:

Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch, is a drill instructor (Thunder Ranch is a firearms training facility in Arizona ). Here are a few of his observations on tactics, firearms, self-defense and life as we know it in the civilized world:

"Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not to protect you."

"Never let someone or thing that threatens you get inside arm’s length and never say "I’ve got a gun." If you feel you need to use deadly force for heaven’s sake let the first sound they hear be the safety clicking off. They shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are doing your job."

"The average response time of a 911 call is over 23 minutes… the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second."

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun.... But, he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."

"If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin'. If you're not movin', someone's going to cut your head off and put it on a stick."

"When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in your back pocket. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel or the tooth fairy... And, you're going to be one of 'em pretty soon."

"Do something. It may be wrong, but do something."

"Shoot what's available, as long as it's available, until something else becomes available."

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for?"

"Don't shoot fast, unless you also shoot good."

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work. But, I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

"You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family."

"Thunder Ranch will be here as long as you'll have us or until someone makes us go away. Either way, it will be exciting."

More Excellent Gun Wisdom.......

The purpose of fighting is to WIN. There is no possible victory in defence. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him, :Why do you carry a 45?"

The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm, "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?"

"No ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle."

8. Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it!

Clint Smith, President and Director of Thunder Ranch®

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

American Car Dealer Gives Away a Gun With Every Purchase

Mark Muller, owner of Max Motors.

Despite the White House harassment, the loss of financing and insurance arrangements, the Butler, Missouri car dealer will be giving away AK-47’s again starting in October!

]

“Guess what? We are doing it again! It is the Fourth Annual Great Guns and Gas Give-Away!” said Mark Muller, the owner of Max Motors, whose July 17, 2009 interview with CNN’s Carol Costello about his promotion was great publicity, but brought him unwelcome attention.

Within days of the CNN broadcast, three agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives arrived at the dealership, he said.

“I was not there. The agents identified themselves and asked who was in-charge. Everybody pointed at each other,” he said.

Undeterred, the agents demanded to see the guns. When it was explained that there were no actual AK-47s at the dealership and that the promotion was for vouchers towards the purchase of an AK-47, the agents did not believe it.

“The agents went into storage rooms and took photos. There was an empty gun box here from a gun dealer in North Carolina. They took the empty box and demanded to see the gun that came with that box,” he said.

The next day, Muller received a call from the ATF asking him to come in for a meeting with all of his personal guns. They insisted they had the authority to order this demand, he said. Muller held his ground and refused to submit to the audit without first going through due process.

“The ATF people were just as nice as can be. They were not mean or hateful. Finally, I asked the lady on the phone: 'Don’t you have something better to do?'" he said. Muller then re-explained that there were vouchers for guns and that no guns were being handed out at the dealership.

“She said: ‘Let me tell you how important this is. The White House started their morning with a briefing on you. We got a call from Washington, D.C. this morning. They wanted you checked out,' Muller said."

“That’s your big government in action! I’m a guy exercising his constitutional rights and I’m such a threat to security that the White House has to check in on me?” he said.

At the end of his conversation with the ATF agent, she threatened to raid his house to audit his personal firearms! It never happened, Muller said.

In addition to the government, Muller said his business relationships also suffered.

“First National Bank of Kansas called and said they did not appreciate the promotion. We were cancelled instantly. ‘Never send us more paperwork: You’re done,’” he said. This was the end of a three-year relationship.

“The bank told me the decision was political; ‘What you’re doing is irresponsible—and we don’t ever want to do business with anyone like you again,’” he said.

“I had another business in the next county north of me here. I got another cease and desist letter from the insurance company in Harrisonville saying they are cancelling all of my insurance immediately,” he said. “That was for a business that didn’t involve Max Motors!”

Owner Mark Muller reveals sales have soared fourfold
    since he launched the scheme at Max Motors in Butler, Missouri.

The state of Missouri also got in on the act, he said.

“The Missouri Department of Revenue came down on Max Motors for some very petty stuff and threatened to shut me down,” Muller said.

“When I asked the agent if this had anything to do with my gun promotion he just smiled big and said, 'What promotion?'” Muller said, “He was a real jerk.... This also stinks of Big Government.”

The most serious action came in a letter from Detroit, he said.

Muller said, “The General Motors' factory rep walked in with a letter that said: 'Do to the gunning of the Jewish community center in California by a right-wing extremist, General Motors directs Max Motors to cease and desist the AK-47 promotion immediately or General Motors, the parent of Chevrolet, Buick, GMAC and Cadillac, will revoke the dealer agreement.'"

When Muller asked the factory rep to see the letter (which was addressed to Muller and signed by then-GM Vice-Chairman and Senior Advisor Robert A. Luntz), the rep refused to hand it to him. She said: "I can’t give it to you.” But, holding it firmly, the rep allowed Muller to read it himself.

“I've got Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Jeep, Buick, GMC and was Cadillac,” he said. “They took Cadillac away from me at first, but now they are going to give it back.”

In October, when he brings the promotion back, Muller said he is undeterred.

“I've got a great picture of an AK-47 in the newspaper. I am doing it at the Ford dealership. But I am advertising in the paper where I have my Chevy dealership.

So, when GM complains, I’ll ask ‘em: "So, now you’re telling me what I can do at the Ford store?" I'll tell them: "I understand that Government Motors is an all-encompassing thing, but don’t you think that is a little strong?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

Gun control is the ability to put two bullets through the same hole.

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

That's what's wrong with the country today. The government and the Corporations have way too much say so and power and think they can push the littel guys around. One day, the little guys will be in charge and run the other two out....
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...

Years of Experience
    30+

Gun control is hitting what you aim for.

Years of Experience
    30+

Practice, practice and then practice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_20110912_182424-.jpg   img_20110912_181552-.jpg  

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post

Despite the White House harassment, the Butler, Missouri car dealer will be giving away AK-47’s again starting in October!

]

“Mark Muller, the owner of Max Motors, July 17, 2009 interview with CNN’s Carol Costello about his gun promotion was great publicity, but brought him unwelcomed attention.

Within days of the CNN broadcast, three agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives arrived at the dealership. “I was not there. The agents identified themselves and asked who was in-charge. Everybody pointed at each other,” he said.

“The agents went into storage rooms and took photos. There was an empty gun box here from a gun dealer in North Carolina. They took the empty box and demanded to see the gun that came with that box,” he said.

The next day, Muller received a call from the ATF asking him to come in for a meeting with all of his personal guns. They insisted they had the authority to order this demand, he said.

Muller states, “The ATF people were just as nice as can be. They were not mean or hateful. Finally, I asked the lady on the phone: 'Don’t you have something better to do?'"

“She said: ‘Let me tell you how important this is. The White House started their morning with a briefing on you. We got a call from Washington, D.C. this morning. They wanted you checked out.'"

“That’s your big government in action! I’m a guy exercising his constitutional rights and I’m such a threat to security that the White House has to check in on me?” he said.

The ATF agent threatened to raid his house to audit his personal firearms! Muller said that never happened.

Owner Mark Muller reveals sales have soared fourfold
    since he launched the scheme at Max Motors in Butler, Missouri.

The state of Missouri also got in on the act, he said.

“The Missouri Department of Revenue came down on Max Motors for some very petty stuff and threatened to shut me down,” Muller said.

“When I asked the agent if this had anything to do with my gun promotion he just smiled big and said, 'What promotion?'” Muller said, “He was a real jerk.... This also stinks of Big Government.”

In October, when he brings the promotion back, Muller said he is undeterred.

“I've got a great picture of an AK-47 in the newspaper. I am doing it at the Ford dealership. But I am advertising in the paper where I have my Chevy dealership.

So, when GM complains, I’ll ask ‘em: "So, now you’re telling me what I can do at the Ford store?" I'll tell them: "I understand that Government Motors is an all-encompassing thing, but don’t you think that is a little strong?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chrysler, like GM, was in dire financial straits and our federal government "graciously" offered to "buy the company" and keep them out of bankruptcy to "save jobs." Chrysler was, in the words of Obama and his administration, "Too big to fail!" Same story with GM.

The feds organized their "Automotive Task Force" to fix Chrysler and GM. Obama, in an act that is 100% unconstitutional, appointed Steve Rattner to be the White House's official Car Czar. Rattner was the liaison between Obama, Chrysler, and GM.

Initially, the national media reported that Chrysler had made this list of dealerships. That is not true. The Washington Examiner, Newsmax, Fox News and a host of other news agencies discovered that the list of dealerships was put together by the "Automotive Task Force" headed by Mr. Steve Rattner.

On May 27, 2009, the Washington Examiner and Newsmax exposed how the list was created. Of the 789 dealerships closed by the federal government, 788 had donated money, exclusively to Republican political causes, while contributing nothing to Democratic political causes. The only "Democratic" dealership on the list was found to have donated $7,700 to Hillary's campaign, and a bit over $2,000 to John Edwards. This same dealership gave a paltry $200.00 to Obama's campaign. Does that seem a little odd to you?

Steve Rattner is the guy who put the list together. Interestingly, Rattner is married to Maureen White. Maureen is the former national finance chairman of the Democratic National Committee. As such, Maureen has access to campaign donation records from everyone in the nation; Republican or Democrat!

Steve Rattner and his wife, Maureen White.

On the list of dealerships closed down, a weird thing happened in Arkansas, north Louisiana, and southern Missouri. Bill Clinton's former White House Chief of Staff, Mack McClarty, owns a chain of dealership in that region, partnered with Robert Johnson. Johnson is the founder of Black Entertainment Television and was/is a huge Obama supporter and financier. These 2 guys own a half dozen Chrysler stores under the company title of RLJ-McClarty-Landers.

None of their dealerships were ordered closed - not one - while all of their competing Chrysler/Dodge and Jeep dealership were! Eight dealerships located near the dealerships owned by McClarty and Johnson were ordered shut down! Today, these two major Obama supporters now have virtual monopoly on Chrysler sales in their zone!

Under a federal court ruling, 65% of Chrysler is now owned by the federal government and the United Auto Worker's union - Fiat owns 20%. The other 15% is still privately owned and presumably will be traded on the stock market. Obama smiles and says he doesn't want to run the auto industry.

It appears President Obama has the power to destroy private businesses, and eliminate an estimated 100,000 jobs, because these businesses don't agree with his political agenda. There are voices in Washington D.C. demanding an explanation, but the "Automotive Task Force" has released no information to the public or to any of the senators demanding answers for what has been done.

Car Czar No More

Obama's Car Czar, Steve Rattner, has resigned after the dealership closings and was promptly replaced by former steel workers union boss Ron Bloom. Rattner recently agreed to a $10 million settlement for a multi-million dollar pay-to-play investment bank scandal in New York.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by TheCableVine; December 15th, 2013 at 01:05 PM. Reason: edited to update link to rattner image

Years of Experience

Do you have a link for your source of the above Wing?
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience

This Intruder Wishes He Hadn't Picked
    the Pretty Girl With the Loaded Gun

------------------------------------------------------------------
    EricB likes this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    This Intruder Wishes He Hadn't Picked
    the Pretty Girl With the Loaded Gun

------------------------------------------------------------------
    More Excellent Gun Wisdom.......

When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast