Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jayc

Thread: bourbon virus

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Default bourbon virus

To the locators in Kansas area and not part of usuc. These links are about a new tick borne virus that just killed a man in bourbon county, KS recently. Be safe this spring.

Bourbon Virus: Deadly New Virus Kills Kansas Man, First Case In America

Bourbon virus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Years of Experience

Default Re: bourbon virus

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    To the locators in Kansas area and not part of usuc.
    Was this intentional? From most of what I've seen it fits the bill, though.

Years of Experience

Also, came into this thread expecting:

Leaving this thread disappointed.
    daman1 likes this.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by jayc View Post
    Was this intentional? From most of what I've seen it fits the bill, though.
    It was international but this case is the first death and reporting of it in the usa

Years of Experience

It was international but this case is the first death and reporting of it in the usa
    Intentional = Intending to

International = more than one nation

Years of Experience

To the locators in Kansas area. These links are about a new tick borne virus that just killed a man in bourbon county, KS recently.

Bourbon Virus: Deadly New Virus Kills Kansas Man
    First Case In America

Bourbon virus is new to the United States and has already killed one man in Kansas. According to medical reports, the man had been healthy before becoming ill after a tick bite 11 days ago. The Bourbon virus reportedly caused his organs to fail and ultimately resulted in his death.

The CDC has named the new and deadly virus Bourbon after the county which the Kansas man lived. The virus belongs to the thogotovirus group. The virus group has reportedly only caused human illness eight times before in the countries of Europe, Africa, and Asia.

The Bourbon virus Kansas death is the first time the CDC has witnessed a strain of the thogotovirus impact human blood cells. The man was reportedly in his 50s. He was treated with strong antibiotics, but his body could not recover, leaving him unable to breathe on his own.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hundreds of Bioterror Lab Mishaps
    Cloaked in Secrecy

By Ronald L. Ray —

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and associated research facilities are supposed to be the safest and most secure medical laboratories in the world, providing cutting-edge innovations in protecting and improving human, animal and plant health. But recent near-disasters point up years of ongoing systemic failures and apparent coverups, suggesting that the CDC may pose a bioterror threat greater than the potential hazards it is supposed to mitigate.

Combine this sort of dangerous human “errors” with the new National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility (NBAF), planned near downtown Manhattan, Kansas (2010 pop. 52,281), to replace the aging Plum Island center, and it may be only a matter of time before the heart of America is struck by a health catastrophe, which could quickly destroy the largest part of United States agriculture or livestock production and endanger the health and lives of millions of Americans.

When the new NBAF center is completed in Manhattan, Kansas, the likelihood of human, animal and plant exposure to deadly pathogens and toxins, whether accidental or intentional, will multiply significantly. Economic consequences would run into the billions of dollars. A 2009 Congressional Research Service report raised major risk issues like often-violent Kansas storms, importation of animal hoof and mouth disease to the mainland and lack of adequate containment measures. A 463-page, 2010 Department of Homeland Security risk assessment, however, appears to have whitewashed the dangers in order to obtain congressional funding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by jayc View Post
    Intentional = Intending to

International = more than one nation
    I have a cataract in my right eye so I misread your statement. Along with I missed your intention. I disregarded usic personnel due to the fact is I thought it was a company wide email that my friend told me about.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

i thought i read somewhere some other nasty virus or something got out of a lab some place here in the us