Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 2017 Solar Eclipse

Years of Experience

Default 2017 Solar Eclipse

School cancels classes Monday for eclipse.
    Extends school year by one day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Greetings Fellow 'Viners! I took the day off with my family to witness this solar phenomenon that happened at my back door. All I can say is, "WoW!"

We traveled 100 miles east of KC to find a spot that had minimal cloud cover and no rain. We were chased by thunderstorms and thick cloud cover up to the very start of the eclipse. Once the eclipse started, the thick clouds left and we witnessed the total solar eclipse as seen above for almost 3 minutes through a thin layer of chemical trails. The chemtrails prevented us from seeing any hidden planets or stars around the blackened sun.

The site we chose was directly in the center of the moon's path. We found a good spot to watch the event in a park in the middle of a small city with hundreds of fellow spectators. We met people from Minnesota, Arkansas, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin and 3 hot coeds from Vermont traveling to Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado. Good Times!

Now that my family & I have witnessed this latest total solar eclipse, we are hooked! We are already making plans to see it again in America at the conclusion of President Donald Trump's second term in 2024............... just sayin!'

yahoo, Mke and daman1 like this.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: 2017 Solar Eclipse

I drove 8 hours to get to the area of totality. Was worth the drive.
    UULC, Wingfoot, yahoo and 2 others like this.

Years of Experience

I seen it through projection on the ground only . was good enough for me . glad you guys enjoyed that !!!!
    daman1 likes this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    I drove 8 hours to get to the area of totality. Was worth the drive.
    Same here, brother. Drove 7 hours and viewed it on a cloudless day outside Hopkinsville, KY at the Jefferson Davis Memorial. (Still trying to download personal pics). Will never forget that image at totality. The whole family agrees, very much worth the drive.

Now I'm broke. Can anyone here front me some beer money?????
    Last edited by daman1; August 24th, 2017 at 02:58 PM.
    Mke, Wingfoot and yahoo like this.

Years of Experience

come on down daman lets head to bourbon street !!!!!! I will front you the first 2 rounds.
    daman1 and Mke like this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by daman1 View Post
    Drove 7 hours and viewed it on a cloudless day outside Hopkinsville, KY at the Jefferson Davis Memorial.
    (CNN) - More than 150 years after the Civil War ended, the Confederacy is memorialized with statues, monuments and historical markers across the United States.

“Some say they are racist symbols of America's dark legacy of slavery.”

AJC.com - Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain.

“Georgia democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams called for the removal of the giant carving that depicts three Confederate war leaders on the face of state-owned Stone Mountain, saying it 'remains a blight on our state and should be removed.'”

Vice.com - It’s Time To Blow Up Mount Rushmore

“These (white) leaders see people of color as sub-human.”

Delaware Ohio News - Ohio Gov. John Kasich Legalizes Exhumation of Confederate Soldiers Statewide

Ohio Gov. John Kasich once again sided with anti-American liberals and made it easy for these wild monsters to exhume Confederate soldiers from their graves and throw them in the river.

In Delaware, Ohio, the controversial “#exhumeconfederates” grave digging movement started last week when government officials sanctioned the exhumation of Confederate soldiers. The skeletal remains of several bodies were used as props in public sex acts performed by a group of ANTIFA protesters camping on the property.

Joseph Diggins, an employee at the cemetery, was tasked with exhuming some of the bodies.

“We were trying to dig [the Confederate soldiers] up and get them dumped in the lake without drawing much attention. The anti-Trump crowd picked up our scent from their tents and rushed over to snatch a couple of the caskets,” Diggins explained. “The remains were obviously fragile. That led one group to crush a skull on the pavement and smoke the powder out of crystal meth pipe they were passing around.”

Greetings daman! It is wonderful you experienced the 2017 solar eclipse. The site you chose was not P.C. though! If the anti-American alt-left have their way, the Jefferson Davis Memorial will be an open meadow with no monuments or out buildings and possibly renamed Snowflake Field before the next solar eclipse hits the east coast.

The above insanity will not end quickly. Here is a list of other issues the ANTIFA crowd will be targeting very soon:

1.) In 2016, the alt-left Southern Poverty Law Center identified 1,503 Confederate “place names and other symbols in public spaces” across the nation but admitted the study was “far from comprehensive.” Some Civil War monuments in the South, such as battlefields, do not have pro-Confederate symbolism.

2.) There are at least 109 public schools named after prominent Confederates.

3.) The Confederate flag maintains a publicly supported presence in at least six Southern states.

4.) There are 10 major U.S. military bases named in honor of Confederate military leaders.

5.) There are nine official Confederate holidays or observances in six Southern states.

daman1 likes this.

Years of Experience
    17 years

This was at the base of the monument. Not really a message of hate.

Yahoo. Thanks for the generous offer. First two drinks on you? Great !! Loading my favorite beer mug in the truck and heading your way......

]
    yahoo likes this.

Years of Experience

Same here, brother. Drove 7 hours and viewed it on a cloudless day outside Hopkinsville, KY at the Jefferson Davis Memorial. (Still trying to download personal pics). Will never forget that image at totality. The whole family agrees, very much worth the drive.

Now I'm broke. Can anyone here front me some beer money?????

I wish I would have thought to take off and drive to a better location. I didnt see much here. Could you take any pics?

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
    I wish I would have thought to take off and drive to a better location. I didnt see much here. Could you take any pics?
    Tikiman....Took pics through a set of viewing lenses...... This was my favorite........ Couldn't shrink it and it's grainy but that little dot you see to the bottom left is Jupiter.....

Wingfoot likes this.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    come on down daman lets head to bourbon street !!!!!! I will front you the first 2 rounds.
    All joking aside, I hope you stay safe and dry down there Yahoo. Keep a sharp eye upstream.

Years of Experience

dude.......we can't win with all this flooding down here ???????? some of my friends have PISSED off the utility gods .....LOL

Years of Experience

Tikiman....Took pics through a set of viewing lenses...... This was my favorite........ Couldn't shrink it and it's grainy but that little dot you see to the bottom left is Jupiter.....

Thats a cool photo, did you take it with a camera or cell phone?

Years of Experience
    17 years

Just a cell phone with a cheap viewing lens taped over the camera eye. We have a half dozen older digital cameras but the new technology on cell phones has them all gathering dust.

Years of Experience
    17 years

A little more normal size......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast