Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By MoDeen
  • 1 Post By yahoo
  • 1 Post By TheCableVine
  • 1 Post By TheCableVine

Thread: Is That you Mo-Dean?

Default Is That you Mo-Dean?

It's me Mo-Deen.
    On the Bus, to an Aeroplane, to another Plane, to the UFO and off to Outer Space..... Baby, YeaaaH take me away.

Thank You Steve, monitors & members. I promise to respect your awesome forum & rules, my word friends.

Soooo.... How many Head of Locator are here?
    I am a Locator! Not big on other tags like DPS. Why take 1 word describes perfect and turn it into 3 meant to confuse? But lawyers do it all the time, so use any title u want (I use Moron for myself), just get the f'n job done. If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with BS.
    Started locating in 1984 working as a Site Foreman on a 1,000,000+c.y. earth moving project (old rehab w/bldg. demo's) just outside of large (Gotham) city. Underground was a plethora of deathly utilities from hp steam, power trans, power distr, 3000pr com, hp gas, force water, force sewer, right down to 5pr drops, you name it. This was BC excavating (Before Computer), no GPS, no Auto's(AGC), but did have first version of DirtWorks for grid sketches(Kids, back in the day, layout was done off a baseline w/Leica scope by chaining & driving stakes in grids or CL's). My main weapons were 4 TS-24 scrapers, a D-9(Fat-Alice) and an awesome union crew (10ops, 3labs). Had the best Trackhoe of the day, but that technology was still being developed in Peoria. I was used to hook-ex: TS-24(load-pull), TS-24(push-load), D-9(PUSH MF). Site was a nightmare with unreasonable production #'s expected.
    Anyway, after the utility ops marked plant, no way I was going to preserve marks with the excavation train & circus clowns I had. Told the owner of my company we got to get (still swear I said "hire") a locator. A few days later, the equipment manager called me and said your locator's here. I said "Great, send 'em to the job!" After he explained there's no body attached to it and I got my "pager" replaced.... figured "How hard could this be?" I tried reading the 810's manual..... "on-off, put box over target..easy, hook what to...screw that part". Walked around with the "stick" like I knew what I was doing, cus I was "Young, Dumb & full of ____" That didn't work out to well, but nobody died. I remembered one of the locate companies that came originally parked their trucks and tree trucks in my neighbors equipment yard and manufactured his truck bodies, an awesome company, Asplundh. Anyway, after taking one of the locators to the go-go joint for a week and flipping him a few Jackson's, I started to get the hang of it. Oh, and that locator had enough sense to stop by my project weekly and (have me) help mark out...... he now runs a call center. Thanks for nothing, G! (Ha, only kidding). Sincerely, TY for your help this week, I owe you, again!

Y'all probably wonder about the Herd of Locators comment..... Well for various reasons (other ventures) I've been locating for the last 10 years or so. We all know pay is not great when we sign up (Face it, economy sucks, America is not a product manufacturing superpower anymore), until recently all the locate companies I have worked for have appreciated my versatile skills and professional, company first, humble attitude. Never will claim that I am the Best in the World, just above average skills w/city locate exp., super clean d/l and zero (0) damages in at least 10 years.

IDK< Right now I'm accused of a felony for doing my job well,,,,,,,,. sooooo, lots more to come.. Beware My Love, before you get much Older..,,,,,.,
    FieldTech561 and Wingfoot like this.

Default Re: Is That you Mo-Dean?

soooo...... much more to come,,,m,m,, just need to check it w/ lawyers

Years of Experience

FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!! some excitement .
    UULC likes this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Hey, Mo...

glad to have ya. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Steve
    MoDeen likes this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

TY Steve..... promise to respect your fine place here!

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MoDeen View Post
    TY Steve..... promise to respect your fine place here!
    All I ask is that you clean up after yourself and turn off the lights if your the last one to leave.
    yahoo likes this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    na

What we need here !?!? I say what we need here !?!?

Is a sequel of the old classic "up n smoke" but the locators version - "up n fumes"

HA!!!

oh and welcome - thanks for the reminder - with tenure and paint comes entertainment