Thread: USIC Questions

Default USIC Questions

Ive read all the negative reviews so no need to rehash them here (crappy management, too much work to get most tix done on time, lack of support, too much OT etc). Considering applying as the pay is decent in my area and I like the perks (vehicle, working unsupervised etc). Besides I need a job and this sounds very interesting. Besides you have to start somewhere and this is the only "entry level" opportunity into this industry I have seen in my area. Thanks in advance for the replies.

I do have some questions.

1. How long is the hiring process. From application to call back, how long?
    2. Training:
    *where does it take place?
    *how often is training held?
    *length of training?
    *training pay and perdiem?
    *lodging provided? shared room if lodging provided?
    3. Benefits: A lot of reviews mentioned that the health benefits are pricey. Any examples?
    4. Overtime: Company site as well as reviews mention upwards of 20hrs of OT. How likely is this? The more the merrier I say.

Years of Experience

Default Re: USIC Questions

Some answers will vary here we go #1 2 days to 2-3 weeks depends how bad they need help #2 Training will be at the office or a hotel meeting room#3 whenever they get a class hired this time of year they will have a new class every 3 weeks at most. #4 class lasts 3 weeks #5 training pay is whatever your starting wage is per diem is 30 or 35 a day # if you have to go out of town they pay the hotel bill per diem is for meals not sure if they pay gas. Benefits are good I don't have company insurance but I think single is about 60 dollars every 2 weeks. Yahoo is from you nck of the woods and can give you a lot better ideas. As far as ot in my area you can work all you want but 60 to 80 hours during the busy season is not unusual. If you want more you can always take on call

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

the are about to vamp up the training here in the midwest. So your boots are on the ground by march. Their classes start feb 3rd. It varies on the application process and hire depending on their needs. i know guys that have not been called back who work or worked for my company. they were waiting on the DM. My company just went a union vote and it came out tied. Internally I have heard USIC is wary of hires from my company because they are worried to add to the union pool of employees. Training use to be 2 weeks in class and one week out to get use to it and routing and then back in class for another 2 weeks. Depends if there is an office near you. There is a mileage cutoff where they will issue you a vehicle right away. If no office might be a meeting room in a local hotel. Training will be m-f and paid your hire rate and do no more than 40 hrs. Probably no lodging they do not want to spend money and get no production. Benefits are not great but not horrible and single $60-70 i think a pay period. If not completely slammed OT might be limited depending on the volume of tickets, Need and your production. Some of us we were baptized by fire. Last year in WI we had an increase of ticket volume over 100K from 2012. USIC was poorly staffed for that and guys were working 6-7 days a week 10-12 hr days. This industry is fluid we have limited control on OT.

Years of Experience

good luck with your new job !
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato