Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: usic quality coordinator joel

Years of Experience

Default Re: usic quality coordinator joel

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    "Induction is a good tool if used properly, but should NEVER be the soul method of a locate. Powermode should only be used as a triple-check tool for electric, any other use is simple laziness. Failure to ventilate a manhole is just suicidal stupidity."

I beg to differ, Power mode is a useful way to locate CATV drops, due to how shallow they are and the only way to locate some primaries in my area. The main thing is to know when and how to use this mode.
    OK, I'll go with the cable drops. I personally have only about 6 mos. exp. w/ actually locating CATV, and found direct connect lit up EVERYTHING, so didn't bother using PM. Prior to that I PM'd cable only as a method to insure I hadn't bled off when locating other utilities I was responsible for.

As far as electric primaries are concerned, if I couldn't DC at the transformer ground, DC at a secondary to energize, or induce by sitting the transmitter on the box (you have to have a min. of 3 watts), I was in good with almost every lineman around my area, and they were more than willing to meet me, open the box, and DC for me.

Granted, there were the occasional lines w/ degraded concentric grounds that none of these methods worked for. If it was one I had never located before, the local linemen were happy to co-locate with me. If it was one I HAD located, ok, yeah, I PM'd to verify the path I knew it took.

I just never could force myself to use PM as a main source of my marks, only as a confirmation of signal. But I'm sure that's just my own little phobia. We all have differing techniques that work for us in our areas.
    Last edited by RD_Wrangler; February 24th, 2009 at 01:14 PM.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

haha trust me fellas i dont locate like this just this guy really gets to me man.. didnt mean to unload like that but the guy is such a tool so all the regards in this message were solely just to piss him off and he knows it.. cause he can read it believe me if you knew him you would feel the same way. we got into it that day because he came to my project to check up on me couldnt find nothing wrong with my procedure so he literally gave me a problem for not waiting an intire 10 min before climbing in my manhole... w/e dude hes a joke and pisses me off

Actually they both sound like losers. Not ventilating puts everyone in jeopardy. If he dies from not ventilating, the stupid wife he married files suit and gets paid. And that comes out of all our pockets. And most one year guys just shut up and do their jobs. They still do not know shit. Even after 2 years they are inexperienced. But the other guy is a person you do not want on your crew. He is a Randy Moss type guy. A cancer of sorts. Never follows any rule but is always right. Has great skills but refuses to use them. But expects everything handed to him. But everyone is right, he is basically a LOSER!!!
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

powermo,

YOU

Powermo, If you were one of my locators and you didn't wait at least 15 min. before you get into a manhole. You would not be working for me. It took me two years of locating to find a manhole to set my gas tester off. If I had went into the manhole I would not have came out alive. The company gives you safe tools and guidelines to help prevent you or someone from being killed. So use them.This reason why USIC is making us get on the phone everyday for a safety call. I don't know Joel the quality coordinator but if the only thing he did to was give you a talking too. Your lucky, because my quality coordintor would have fired me on the spot.

Of course there is the other side of the coin. How does a guy with 1 year experience get a Quality Coordinator job? Are you guy's lacking good candidates? Or is he just that good. If the guy has only one year of experience then the training he is giving will cost you in the long run. We had one of those at one time and we had a lot of dead weight that came out of class. Now he is a locator again and we have a new guy with more experience than me! And it is working out fine. They actually come out and know what to do!!
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RoadMap View Post
    Of course there is the other side of the coin. How does a guy with 1 year experience get a Quality Coordinator job? Are you guy's lacking good candidates? Or is he just that good. If the guy has only one year of experience then the training he is giving will cost you in the long run. We had one of those at one time and we had a lot of dead weight that came out of class. Now he is a locator again and we have a new guy with more experience than me! And it is working out fine. They actually come out and know what to do!!
    There is that Map, but on the other hand, it may be the guy has only been with the company for 1 year, but had multiple years experience with a utility company. We had a QC that was with ATT for 12 years in contruction and was promoted to the QC position after 6 mos. with our company. He knew his stuff, just didn't have the tenure.

THAT'S what infuriated some "tenured" locators. Of course these are the same guys that ALWAYS grumbled and complained when someone from "the ranks" was promoted and not them. Never mind that they had no interests in being leaders by example, improving their technical abilities or communication skills...using a shower/razor ...it was always that whomever was promoted was a "kiss-ass".

But our Quality Coordinator managed damage investigation, audits, at-fault negotiations with the utility co.'s, etc....they had little to do with training? That was under a differing title.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Don't "infract' him, that guy's awesome, and funny. Stick it to em!

lol so anyways aside from joel being a total tool. i on the other hand love my job as well as my life. the guy when he talks to you there is something about the way his fat jiggles and the way the non-sense pours from his mouth. he barely has a clue what he is talking about. i mean honestly. as far as man holes... no locator with any common sense is not going to get in one with out venting it. i mean seriously come on now. thats just one of the few things the dousche knows about locating so he is always talking about it. ha as far as his position goes, when i came into the company he was training ppl and did not learn a damn thing that was useful in the field, every thing i learned i learned from 2 techs and a super. the training class was shit. great he taught us how to locate in 512, didnt teach us trouble shooting, didnt teach us coupling, only taught us how to mark phone elec and gas in brand new subdivisions where every thing is perfect. and works in 512. needless to say with out excellent locating techniques from fellow team mates i would have just been part of the dead weight that came from the class. however to this day i love my job, and try harder every day to get better. im just starting to notice just how unfit for the job this guy is. really all he can key in about is driving, manholes, and cones. please be a qc who knows more than just common sense things. and if usic is going to keep this guy as a qc then he should have an exp tech helping teach class so new comers know a thing or three... his ways are getting old and his attitudes towards others is very un professional. who knows ill post more later

Quote Originally Posted by powermo_&_go View Post
    haha this fckn guy man ill tell you what he goes by the name of joel he is the biggest brown nosing piece of shit there is. wait till he finds out about me and his old lady... and that my fellow locating techs is straight up. anyways the reason im starting this thread. for one the stupid **** barely even had a year into locating and all of sudden a couple of blow jobs later he is telling us locating techs how to do our jobs.. hahahaha your kidding right? no absolutely not hey hey joel im still always going to induce to produce, always power mode its quicker shit, and i swear to god if you tell me to ventilate my manhole one more time so you can climb in im going to report you, thats considered sexual harrasment wierdo. i mean honestly if the guy would of put in the time locating rather than just blowing everyone on his way up the corprate poop chute maybe the ****in guy would have a clue.... who knows any more insite on this would be great lol i could go on forever but hopefully someone i work with will see this and add there own.. thank you have a nice day

POWERMO_&_GO
    Here's a typical tomato can.

I understand what your sayin' Scap; but the scary part is that most of what he says is true.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

T
    Last edited by duke; May 10th, 2009 at 05:44 PM.

Yeah Right! PM someone I don't know , with my real name, right after I post a complaint about a Management person. I hope no one fell for this.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Feel free to look at my other posts. It's pretty clear I'm not management.

I understand your paranoia though.

Quote Originally Posted by powermo_&_go View Post
    however to this day i love my job, and try harder every day to get better. im just starting to notice just how unfit for the job this guy is. really all he can key in about is driving, manholes, and cones. please be a qc who knows more than just common sense things. and if usic is going to keep this guy as a qc then he should have an exp tech helping teach class so new comers know a thing or three... his ways are getting old and his attitudes towards others is very un professional. who knows ill post more later
    Well, it's good that you are trying to get better at, and furthermore, love your job. I have found that the best part about this job is taking pride in the job. Doing an insanely large locate by yourself, flagging it, and taking a ton of quality pictures within a 12 hour period...and then driving by and looking at what you just did, is one of the most rewarding feelings. It's understandable you don't agree with the quality control guy. Do you think I jump with joy when our safety guy asks me if I have my E-brake on? You should also know that it's useless to fight the machine. Useless. Best thing for you to do, Powermode and Go, is just.......roll with the punches.....don't let this minor bullshit discourage you from the first sentence I quoted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12