Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USIC possibility...

Default Re: USIC possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by jrs87ss View Post
    i don't know where all of you have worked at for usic. But it is nothing like the way you all make it sound in my state. Sure they want production goals meet, idle times down. But with other companies bidding contracts so low now. You still have to make money. Yea gps sucks, but if you are doing your job as you are supposed to the gps is no big deal. The idle time thing, take the amount if trucks they have and add all the idle time up and think of the added cost. I have worked for 4 or 5 different locate companies over the last 20 plus years, they are not the best but no where the worse i have worked for. I have been with usic now for almost 8 years. My check is always in the bank( can't say that about all of them) and they have always done what they told me. So gripe and whine all you want, but if you don't like them; don't work for them. But for me they have done.just what they have always said they were going to do. Everyone one has to make.money, including the.companies we work for. Look at exxon, now there is a snake in the grass. Just my 2 cents worth.

lol!

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

Quote Originally Posted by jrs87ss View Post
    I don't know where all of you have worked at for USIC. But it is nothing like the way you all make it sound in my state. Sure they want production goals meet, idle times down. But with other companies bidding contracts so low now. You still have to make money. Yea GPS sucks, but if you are doing your job as you are supposed to the GPS is no big deal. The idle time thing, take the amount if trucks they have and add all the idle time up and think of the added cost. I have worked for 4 or 5 different locate companies over the last 20 plus years, they are not the best but no where the worse I have worked for. I have been with USIC now for almost 8 years. My check is always in the bank( can't say that about all of them) and they have always done what they told me. So gripe and whine all you want, but if you don't like them; don't work for them. But for me they have done.just what they have always said they were going to do. Everyone one has to make.money, including the.companies we work for. Look at Exxon, now there is a snake in the grass. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Sounds like something a USIC supervisor would say...or someone that is the supervisors "golden child".......

My friend who works for USIC has had his paychecks messed up at least 7 or 8 times this year and still hasn't got corrections on some of them.
    Some people are still with USIC simply because they cannot afford to take a pay cut to go somewhere else. I heard that the USIC guys in Miami Florida are allowed to idle all day when it gets hot, but the guys elsewhere have to constantly shut their trucks off and bake in the heat while they are eating their lunch in the field. Perhaps if more locators began to suffer from heat related illnesses, USIC would open their eyes are really practice what they preach....SAFETY FIRST.....profits second, but the acutally run it the other way around......
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...

Quote Originally Posted by nopaint4you View Post
    lol!
    Hey nopaint , that avatar looks like Mr. S at USIC! : )
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

Years of Experience

In the end, it's kind of a wash. A quarter tank of gas to let me idle all day with the a/c on in the heat might cost about $15. For me to deal with my malfunctioning laptop (due to overheating in a non-idling truck) typically costs me a total of about an hour a day, or about $15. For those of you in the high heat states, try selling that to your bosses.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    In the end, it's kind of a wash. A quarter tank of gas to let me idle all day with the a/c on in the heat might cost about $15. For me to deal with my malfunctioning laptop (due to overheating in a non-idling truck) typically costs me a total of about an hour a day, or about $15. For those of you in the high heat states, try selling that to your bosses.
    They probably still wouldn't understand it. I deal with an overheating laptop at least 4 times a day in this heat. Each time, it takes around 20 minutes, so that's more than an hour for me. All they are seeing is dollar signs, thats all they care about. One day they will get the big picture, but not in this lifetime....
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    This is true but this line of thinking requires common sense which is in short supply with the management at USIC.
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

Its all about what your willing to put up with. Everyone on my team crys constantly (and for good reason) cept me now. It really is amzing ehat you can get away with. Bossman sayd your working 12hr all week and this weekend just do what I did. "If you make me work more than 9hrs a day or the weekend I quit." Suddenly there calling you telling you what a great job your doing. Start throwing the "Q" word around and you can get away with alot. Of course I will get replaced this winter. Oh well.

Keep em on there toes. Don't ever work for people who think they own you. What kind of life is that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12