Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training / Courses

Years of Experience

Default Re: Training / Courses

i got trained.............i rode around with a guy ...then another guy.....then another.....the other two got fired or quit....and then 3 weeks later i got my own truck and machine and paper tickets and off i went............did i mention how much i love my job?????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

I believe that a locator is only as good as the challenges that they’ve faced and overcome as locators. I’ve been locating for over 20 years and it seems that my career has been nothing but a training course. Technologies are always changing, laws and standards are constantly developing or changing and to say that I know everything about everything would be a lie. If a qualification or certification means I know everything about everything than I believe it would be as well. A person can take training to be qualified, certified or even "bone a fied" but it is still ultimately up to he employer or customer to determine if the person or company is competent to perform the job. These certificates are “certified documentation of training and testing and should be weighed as such.
    For those of you that are interested in utility locator training courses we offer at Utility Training Academy ( UTA )

CLICK HERE to view our utility locator programs page

CLICK HERE to view our Locator Training Course Catalog

Last edited by TheCableVine; April 28th, 2010 at 09:04 PM.
    Measure twice, Cut once
    Utility Training Academy

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    i got trained.............i rode around with a guy ...then another guy.....then another.....the other two got fired or quit....and then 3 weeks later i got my own truck and machine and paper tickets and off i went............did i mention how much i love my job?????
    Oh well hell you got more than I did.. I got 1.5 days in da office of getting to know eachother in class. Then it was "bye get ur ass out and figure it out with out ped keys and prints..." yah they did that. And still wrote me up for a damage that I never had prints on nor any way of knowing it was there.
    Did I mention...How much I used to love those good ol days b4 they set up camp inside my upper intestines with GPS????????????????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12