Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Still cant find a clear answer somebody help!!!

Exclamation Still cant find a clear answer somebody help!!!

Greetings To all,
    I just recently applied to USIC last week. I have gone through the assessment and did a second phone interview, at which towards the end they told me they will set up an appointment for a face to face interview.
    I have read A LOT of threads, but none were clear on what I should expect.
    So I have a few questions:
    1. How long has it taken for a face to face interview after they told me they will schedule one?
    2. Will they drug test me at this face to face interview?
    3. Also what kind of drug test will be administered? (Thus I have been unemployed for three months, so yes I have "partied")

Your answers will be very much appreciated, and come of use.
    Thank you for your time, and hope to become a future brother of the utility locator brotherhood.

Default Re: Still cant find a clear answer somebody help!!!

Last edited by sling'n paint; March 5th, 2010 at 09:08 PM.

Well thank you sling n paint for your reply and your information. And, I do agree with you about drug users "sliding" by, but than again we are all human just trying to survive. cheers mate!

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I don't work for USIC but I might be able to help you with question number one. As with any large company that has individual offices you will find that each office is run independently. The time from the phone call to the face to face depends on the person setting up the interviews. It may also depend on things happening in the office. They might want to interview some people but there is a meeting coming up with the utilities so they must prepare for that, or someone from the main office might be coming in so they must prepare for that... etc. It all depends on what is going on. I don't think anyone but the office setting up the interviews can answer your question accurately.

But, I think I can safely say that if you don't hear from them after about a month. Move on.

Good luck and post often.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Rock N Rolla 86 View Post
    Well thank you sling n paint for your reply and your information. And, I do agree with you about drug users "sliding" by, but than again we are all human just trying to survive. cheers mate!
    I am not preaching, jsut telling it the way it is.

In general the locating industry is a drug testing industry. Often firms require drug testing by law, a contract clause required by the client, reduced insurance rates or just becasue they want to.

You face random drug tests where the selection is by computer. After any vehicle accedent regardless of who is at fault, after any damage to a utility you marked though usually a mis-mark and an expesnive damage. Anytime your behavoir makes managment suspecious of you.

If you are going to do drugs do not expect to keep the job, it is just a matter of time.

Also consider the type of test, general or a DOT, Department Of Transportation, test. From what I am reading it looks like the DOT has a database of people who fail their mandated tests.

Years of Experience

Greetings To all,
    I just recently applied to USIC last week. I have gone through the assessment and did a second phone interview, at which towards the end they told me they will set up an appointment for a face to face interview.
    1. How long has it taken for a face to face interview after they told me they will schedule one?
    3. Also what kind of drug test will be administered? (Thus I have been unemployed for three months, so yes I have "partied")

Thank you for your time, and hope to become a future brother of the utility locator brotherhood.
    dont work for usic but
    1. not for sure
    2. dont know when but there will be a drug test
    3. dope is probably the only thing you need to worry about not alcohol for the drug test.....good luck in the future!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sling'n paint View Post
    If you are used to "partying" or do it every blue moon...my opinion...is we don't need you. It's bad enough that we have to worry about other things that go on in our daily routines. The last thing that USIC needs is another drug head trying to skirt by and not be noticed. I say go "party" at some other company.
    Sorry sex, drugs & Rock N Rolla - I ditto the slinger - Locating is no fun for a "party animal" - Luv Ya Man.......

-----------------------------------------------------
    LocatingAngel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    dont work for usic but
    1. not for sure
    2. dont know when but there will be a drug test
    3. dope is probably the only thing you need to worry about not alcohol for the drug test.....good luck in the future!!!
    Thanks for the real info mate, just trying to figure whats going on for the next step. But back at you with any prospects you might venture. Cheers mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Sorry sex, drugs & Rock N Rolla - I ditto the slinger - Locating is no fun for a "party animal" - Luv Ya Man.......

I appreciate your input and do agree with slinger too. Also Ive worked jobs not for the faint of heart. I understand the position I am applying for, and if I didnt I definately would not have found this website. cheers mate!

lol Yes I know the department of transportation and I know how the are. I hauled wood for three years for a subcontracting company and I know dot is tight with there rules. But, I never did have a problem with them nor any violations during that three years. cheers mate!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sling'n paint View Post
    I have been unemployed for three months, so I have "partied." Thank you and I hope to become a future brother of the utility locator brotherhood.
    If you are used to "partying," or do it every blue moon... my opinion... I say go "party" at some other company.
    I agree with you about drug users "sliding" by, but than again we are all human just trying to survive. cheers mate!
    I am not preaching, but if you do drugs, do not expect to keep the job, it is just a matter of time. From what I [understand], the DOT has a database of people who fail their mandated tests.
    I ditto the slinger - Locating is no fun for a "party animal" - Luv Ya Man.......

Wingfoot - I appreciate your input and do agree with slinger too. Also Ive worked jobs not for the faint of heart. I understand the position I am applying. If I didn't, I definitely would not have found this website. cheers mate!
    lol Yes I know the department of transportation and I know how the are. I know dot is tight with their rules. But, I never did have a problem with violations during that three years. cheers mate!
    Hey Rock N Rolla - My buddies and I kinda sorta welcomed you by breakin' yer ballz......... I apologize for my "short N sweet" ball buster post. I focused on one "hot topic" and went with it. My bad. That's not what membership at the'Vine is all about. It's hard enough to find keepers that join our little fraternity in the world of excavation.

I like your last two responses to our posts. You didn't violently lash back with a bunch of insults. I mean it...... Very impressive! You probably wanted to verbally cut a couple of us down, but you did not! Way to go! I say this forum needs more members just like you! I welcome your membership to the'Vine! I hope you stay with us. Please, post often. Cheers to you! Luv Ya Man!

--------------------------------------------------------
    daman1 likes this.

Years of Experience

Im impressed too.......!!!! well said Wing!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

RnR.. Face to face is going to be based on schedules and when training starts. Drug tests will be done usually upon job being offered. Generally testing & DMV reports need to be turned in prior to starting the job. If the company you are working for locates gas lines, a DOT test will be a must. They will also have random tests. Hope this helps and good luck to you.
    LocatingAngel likes this.

Years of Experience

Question Re: Still cant find a clear answer somebody help!!!

Greetings To all,

Hello new guy, Welcome to the site.
    USIC has probably read this thread by now; maybe they will chime in.
    And stay away from the dope it will stunt your growth. Whatsa matter with you anyway.

Hey Rock N Rolla - My buddies and I kinda sorta welcomed you by breakin' yer ballz......... I apologize for my "short N sweet" ball buster post. I focused on one "hot topic" and went with it. My bad. That's not what membership at the'Vine is all about. It's hard enough to find keepers that join our little fraternity in the world of excavation.

I like your last two responses to our posts. You didn't violently lash back with a bunch of insults. I mean it...... Very impressive! You probably wanted to verbally cut a couple of us down, but you did not! Way to go! I say this forum needs more members just like you! I welcome your membership to the'Vine! I hope you stay with us. Please, post often. Cheers to you! Luv Ya Man!

--------------------------------------------------------
    Oh I understand ball busting. lol And, I know I was going to get some grief for my post, and like any job the "newguy" gets tested. Thanks for the praise and hope any that any of your prospects goes well! cheers mate!
    Last edited by TheCableVine; January 30th, 2010 at 06:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast