Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stay or quit???? that is the question.

Years of Experience

Default Re: stay or quit???? that is the question.

Three weeks out of class and they're asking you to get "X" amount of tickets done? That's so wrong! You should have carte blanche to get familiair with your equipment, the facilities you're marking, and the area you're working before you get a daily ticket requirement thrown your way. I advise any newbie I train to take at least three full months to do nothing but take their time and be accurate on what they mark, regardless of how easy a ticket may seem. Supervisors may get horny over a new tech that can complete a ton of tickets, but I guarantee they aren't auditing the tickets that newbie is completing. If they were, they'd easily find that shortcuts are already being taken and things aren't getting marked.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    The sad thing is the only way to make numbers is to cheat and they shouldn't be forcing newbies to cheat because they will get cut up.
    Sorry, but you're way wrong. I don't cheat and I exceed all expectations, BUT too many newbies and vets have been bred to think they have to cheat to make numbers. You don't have to cheat to make numbers, but you can't be a lazyass or a slacker. Unfortunately this industry, and my company specifically, is full of both.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Years of Experience

Wow, I am thinking it was just yesterday that I left the biz, by reading this thread. ---Same ol' same ol'
    Locating was a Great job when I started in WI in 1990. I will always have fond memories of those early years and the good folks I worked with then.
    As said, if you can live with...whatever they are doing, and the 'they', I think you know who you are, it could maybe, still be a great, small 'g', job.

Ive been browsing over the forum for many months and decided I would share my opinion. I am only a few months in at USIC and so far am having a great experience. I have a great crew and supervisor as well. With that being said most companies don't give the new guys great equipment right off the bat. Atleast its been like that with every company I've ever worked at. It doesnt seem logical to me to give a guy a brand new 8000 if he's not going to cut it with the job. It would be better served to the guys who are knocking work out. My advice would be to stick it out. Its hard to judge the job three weeks out of training. I a few choice guys on my crew that like to complain, but they've been working for the company for years and at the end of the day, aren't planning on quitting anytime soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12