Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: starting new job

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: starting new job

Sorry to hear that fish, Animal was right..... All jobs suck, its just the characteristics for the suck changes between the job. You will always work with ass munches, and for ass munches no matter where you go. The object is to get as much money while your there as you can.

As for the damages, and accidents, they would have to mean "at fault" stuff, and the damages maybe a little more forgiving due to you being a noob.

oh well, you live and learn.

mke

yeah so now i am back to my crappy warehouse job making a whopping $12.00 an hour. woo hoo. i jumped the gun and got to nervous, i should have went thru the 4 week class and took the final test , and if i passed tried it out.

Years of Experience

*Blink* soooo...what was the wage USIC was starting you at?
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

lol, you already bailed out? the class was easy, yes it was intimidating at first, but overall it is easy in the end, plus locating is fun!

yes, bailed already. regretting it now, i was receiving alot of bad vibes from alot of the people on this forum saying alot of negative thing about usic.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    yes, bailed already. regretting it now, i was receiving alot of bad vibes from alot of the people on this forum saying alot of negative thing about usic.
    Don't blame you, a negative work place tears at one's mental happiness. I also have heard of lot of bad things about USIC. Break them down into rumor/ speculation / and disgruntled employees on one side and shown to be factual on the other side I have found a lot of it sits on the factual side.

For those considering a 'negative' company consider this. You can always just take the job to get the training to get a better job later. If unemployed and need the work you can get and hold the job and hold it until the job you really want hires you. I worked at a 'negative' firm and found the average locator was there six months because people took the job just to tied themselves over or get trained so they get hired by a competitor. We are into the Summer workload and USIC is still having to hire across the nation, most established firms have their work rolls filled.

What I have stated is not my personal opinion, it is an observation of employee's behavior. When a firm takes advantage of people, treats them badly they attract people who have no problem having that attitude themselves. Worse yet long time current employees develop that attitude. Employees feel it is right to cheat on their time sheets, or steal in other ways, because they feel they are just getting what is justly theirs. They feel they have no loyalty to such a firm becasue they get no loyalty back from the company side.

Call it what you will, reap what ye sow or developing bad karma negative behavior by either an employer or employee has negative results.

that is exactly why i did not stick it out, i heard to many negative things.

Years of Experience

I see...so you allowed the statements of perfect strangers to influence the decision on whether to continue with your training. Statements made by individuals who are over-worked, under-appreciated, and under-paid during DIG SEASON. It's hot, they're tired, they're gonna bitch....it's that simple. And if you don't think the same negative things are being said about EVERY company regardless of the profession...you're foolish on top of easily-influenced.

Besides, USIC has EARNED their reputation on how they treat employees. Too many mid-level corporate types trying to justify their own existence by slashing what they can to improve profits...lest someone realize that cutting THOSE positions themselves would be the wisest way to save money of all!

Frankly, you couldn't be a locator worth your own spit if you're this easily swayed anyway. You gonna believe that contractor when he tells you he isn't digging in THAT corner? "But he SAID he wasn't digging there!!!" Bah!

I smell a mole.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Smart choice. No need for someone else to go through the misery of working for USIC. They would have just chewed you up and spit you out after they got done screwing you. Believe me, no one wants to go to hell and work.... those of us who are already in hell, try to get out everyday.

yes rd wrangler easily influenced, but you are also posting negative things also about usic. i did not want to risk taking a 4 week class and maybe having a job versus having one. kinda silly i guess.

Years of Experience

Dude, NO company is good to work for right now. They've ALL jumped on the "the economy is bad" bandwagon. Never mind if they actually made larger profits than the past 5 years. The economy is bad, so we don't HAVE to give you any raises because job pickings are slim...neener, neener. That goes for almost ALL the locate compnies, utility companies, etc.

Per Scientiam Vires!

yeah i hear you, there is no such thing a job security anymore.

i guess i felt more job security at my crappy warehouse job because they like the way i bust my ass for them, they have fired 5 people in the past few months, many long term employees, one had 17 years with them, but they really like my work ethnics, because i am always there, never late, and work hard.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    i guess i felt more job security at my crappy warehouse job because they like the way i bust my ass for them, they have fired 5 people in the past few months, many long term employees, one had 17 years with them, but they really like my work ethnics, because i am always there, never late, and work hard.
    In this economy keeping a job you know you have over accepting a position where they may not keep you is a valid consideration. Plus it is a valid consideration to not take a job because you would not like working there.

Listening to the complaints of their employees is also valid. In hind sight anyone would agree that not taking a job at Enron after hearing of problems from some of their employees was a good decision. From what I hear, and have observed, working at USIC is worse than working at UTiliquest which is no gem either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast