Thread: Premier Utility Services

Default Premier Utility Services

Hello,

I'm new to the Vine but not to locating. Been painting dirt for 15 years in several different states, Utiliquest, CUS, ELM, couple of small companies. Looking for work AGAIN after CUS lost their catv contract in So Carolina. Been seeing Premier Utility begging for locators in New York and New Jersey. Can anyone provide me with some info about them? Are they a decent company, how do they pay, drive cams and micromanagement? I'm desperate to find a better place to work where I don't get laid off at the drop of a hat and they know how to pay experienced locators.. I'd love to move back out West but am looking all over the country for work. Any help or advice from any of you salty dogs would be GREATLY appreciated, esp if you know someone who is hiring in your neck of the woods. Again, hello all, it's good to be among my own kind.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Premier Utility Services

Hey gogo,

welcome to the vine....I have been with Premier for 3 years. I have also been around a while (NJ & Florida) and they have treated me the best so far. i haven't had any lay-offs and we are always given the opprtunity to make extra cash.

Years of Experience

premeir is good, they hold mainly water contracts in NJ which are lost quick in that state.... they have held a few water contracts for a while so its not much of a risk to go with them... but why in the world would you want to move to jersey? cost way way to much to live here
    "What Are You Doin!?!? GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!"
    you have entered a restricted area

Years of Experience

welcome to the vine!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Thanks for the welcome all! I DON"T want to move to the Northeast but am having little luck finding anything out West. The market out there is very depressed, the locate companies are geting smaller and smaller along with the paychecks and the minds of management. CUS isn't too bad, at least they treated decently before the lay off, but they are staffed nationwide. Thanks for the info on Premier, they sound like a decent company. I'll send them a CV. Any more job leads or help is always appreciated. If anyone else is looking, try indeed.com. They have several locator wanted ads posted, esp for Utiliquest in Western Georgia.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by gogo49 View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to the Vine but not to locating. Been painting dirt for 15 years in several different states. I'm desperate to find a better place to work where I don't get laid off at the drop of a hat and they know how to pay experienced locators.. I'd love to move back out West.
    Hey gogo - Welcome to the'Vine! I am pleased to have you as a new member of this fraternity of locators and locator wanabes! Please post often!

Trust me, a 15 year veteran locator will have no problem finding a locator position in the Midwest with USIC; Texas to Wisconsin - Kansas to Illinois. To apply for a position, please send your resume to Judy.Fiel@adeccona.com . Good Luck Buddy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------