Thread: Old Locator tossed to the side.

Default Old Locator tossed to the side.

I am new to the vine and I wish I had known of this Forum when I was working. I worked for STS, ULMS, and then CLS. I must say that I loved my job very much but when I got hurt working an Emer
    call for the water co. I felt like ok there going to take care of things but later I found out that I was tossed to the side and they where waiting for a door to toss me out of. and they did also. Now im messed up for life, can never work a real job again, and I am full Disabled ( IT SUCKS ) So guys from an old locator to another- watch ur back everyday because they dont care if ur hurt or not. But im so happy you guys and gals now have a place to voice and be heard.. Nice to be here with you all....

Default Re: Old Locator tossed to the side.

i'm sorry to hear about the way that company treated you, i worked for a company like that in another industry. in one way i see their point of getting rid of people that call in all the time for whatever reason and make excuses for not being able to work, but an on the job injury is a different story. it should be taken care of 100% by the company, especially in an unavoidable accident. my father in law is fully disabled now because of accident at work and they made a settlement, he wasn't very smart though and most of it is gone now. i think what hurts him the most is not being able to work, i think most people enjoy working and it sucks to not be able to anymore.

good luck man, welcome to the cablevine. take care and hope things are looking up for you.
    "You can never trust AT&T to do the intelligent thing..." - SM&P Lead Tech

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by cornbreadnky View Post
    I am new to the vine and I wish I had known of this Forum when I was working. I worked for STS, ULMS, and then CLS. I must say that I loved my job very much but when I got hurt working an Emer
    call for the water co. I felt like ok there going to take care of things but later I found out that I was tossed to the side and they where waiting for a door to toss me out of. and they did also. Now im messed up for life, can never work a real job again, and I am full Disabled ( IT SUCKS ) So guys from an old locator to another- watch ur back everyday because they dont care if ur hurt or not. But im so happy you guys and gals now have a place to voice and be heard.. Nice to be here with you all....
    Once you get hurt it goes on workman's compensation insurance policy. The insurance company will do everything it can to keep for paying benefits and this includes needed medical care that will get you back to work. The insurance company takes over and wants no interference from your employer.

Everyone I know who had had a serious injury did not proper medical care until they got a lawyer experienced in workman's comp and disability cases.

Well that is how things might work at the co. you work for but the one I worked for I came in everyday worked every sh** job they had so I could still feel like someone who is taking care of his family and they still kicked me to the side as soon as they could. I even worked with the contractors in the field to promote dig safety and they messed that up by trying to screw Bell South. So sir I do know what I am talking about and I do know what has happen with my job & life. Thank you for ur comment....

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Welcome aboard and I'm glad you found us.

I got a buddy who used to locate. He fell down a manhole and his foot got caught in the ladder. He ended up, upside down hanging by his foot. He tore his knee apart and he can't do the job anymore. He eats a lot of painkillers and gets blood clots so bad he ends up in the hospital now and then. I haven't seen him for a couple of years now and I wonder if he is still alive it is that bad. The locate company he worked for helped him out at first but then they could see he would need long term care so they started fighting every claim. I'm not sure how it turned out or will turn out. I just know that the company doesn't have his back.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

I had a workmate who hurt his back on the job. SM&P more or less stayed out of the way and let Workmen's Comp take over. Needless to say, he had to fight them for everything, with an attorney, but after a couple of surgeries, he decided not to return to work here and was terminated. I guess the Company might have done more but at no time did he feel like SM&P interfered, or tried to deny him his rights.
    Sorry about your situation Cornbread.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.