Thread: No one works for Heath?

Default No one works for Heath?

Greetings. I've been looking for locator work and found this board and I haven't seen any post from people that work/worked for Heath Consultants. I worked for them in Knoxville and Chattanooga back in the late 90s. I worked for Byers/Utiliquest for a few months when heath lost a contract. Maybe they've lost them all? I'm in Louisville KY now and looks like I'll have to head south for work since these guys aren't hiring and no way in hell I'm going north. I'd rather pain alligators and rattlesnakes than snow. Browsed through locatorjobs.com and nothing jumped out at me but I found my job at Heath by word of mouth from the girl that worked in the office. If anyone knows of any southern offices that need help feel free to drop me a line. I have a van and can find a campground!

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: No one works for Heath?

Give it a day or two and you'll get a response. most people come here in the evening.

Years of Experience

Have you looked into any SUE companies? I worked for Byers/UtiliQuest for 13 years and then started with an engineering firm in 2003 and it has been great. If you do not mind the traveling it is a great gig.

Years of Experience

plenty work down our way for utiliquest........but you better hurry hiring freeze is right around the corner.....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

SUE companies? Tell me more, I'm intrigued. I would love to travel.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Gin, there are many posts here about SUE companies, do a search and read up on them.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

I found a thread on SUE companies. What are some SUE companies? When I worked for Byers/Utiliquest we didn't take pictures of our locates. We had to measure everything and draw the locate on the back of the ticket. A real time killer. Do they still do that? I digress, I'm very interested in the SUE game if you guys know the names of these companies. I'm googling right now.

Based out of Brownsburg, IN but we travel over much of US

Log on to www.bloodhoundunderground.com and if interested in what see you can apply on website.

We are always looking for elite locate techs who are willing and capable of mastering the skills required of S.U.E. technicians (GPR, GPS/GIS, vacuum excavation, leak detection, fault detection, surveying, etc.) Qualified candidates must be willing to travel throughout US and be able to adapt to a much different culture than we all know in the world of contract locating.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I haven't heard of any SUE companies operating in that area.......Check on Tampa Bay Engineering......
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia