Thread: Newbie saying Hi

Years of Experience

Default Newbie saying Hi

G’Day all,

Recently joined your group and thought it time to introduce myself.

My name is Jeff and I live on the sunny Gold Coast of Queensland in Australia. Are there any other locators on the forum from Australia??

I have been locating for a few years and recently a group of us decided to form our own company and see how we fair in the competitive market we have here in South East Queensland. If you are interested you can find out a little about us at www.provac.net.au

I am trying to spend less time in the field and more time in the training rooms, I fill the role of Training Manager, but I am sure you would be aware that when trying to get an organization off the ground it is all hands on deck and job descriptions and titles do not necessarily mean a great deal.

We have been going about six months; we all have a locating/potholing/teaching background. To date we have managed to win some impressive contracts, for example all the locating and potholing work for the Hale Street Link project ( www.halestreetlink.com.au ), part of a five company consortium to again do the locating and potholing for the Airport Link and Northern Bus Way ( www.brisconnections.com.au ) see projects on the lower right side of the page. As well we have picked up the training contract for Brisbane City Council – 600 employees – Plan Reading and Duty of Care Obligations and with a high portion continuing onto do the locating course that we offer.

Happy to answer any questions that you may have and I am sure that over time I will get to know a few of you a little better. Thank you to Steve for providing this forum.

Cheers for now
    Jeff.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Newbie saying Hi

Gas man, welcome to the show. Post often as I am interested in the differences between locating here in the States and in Australia.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Hey gasman welcome aboard!!!

Have been to the beautiful gold coast (and sunshine coast) 5 times over the years. Love Surfers and the Byron Bay area. Did some camping/tramping in the mountains behind Brisbane.

On the Sunshine coast been up to Cairns/Port Douglas a couple of times-actually hired a car and drove up from Surfers - Yes...the whole damned road!! Had to laugh the first time...it was just a TAD bit further up there than I expected but we made er!

Love the reef so have been out on it several times as well mostly out of Townsville.

Post often, would love to hear from you more!
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience

welcome to the vine and Godspeed to ya dude....post often we would love to get to know you....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Glad ya made it. I've been down under myself. Great place to be.

Welcome to the forum mate. Just give us a little latitude the next couple weeks until after the elections are over. Everyone here is just a little "Giddy" about what's been going on. Everything will be back to "normal" afterwards. By the way, my very young kid caught a glimpse of Austrailian Rules Football. Now thats a real sport as my kid would say. He tried to introduce the sport to some of those in his class.
    Last edited by beyond help; October 25th, 2008 at 04:01 AM.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Welcome Gas Man! I too would love to hear more about how things are down under!

Years of Experience

Welcome Aboard.

Years of Experience

G’Day All,

And thank you for the warm welcome and thoughts.

Ifinditunderground – more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Underground quester – glad that you have been over for a visit or 2 or 5…….. drive from Surfers to Cairns, now that’s one heck of a drive – mighty big country we have over here (size wise anyway) – about 1800 kilometers(Cairns - Surfers)……… Been to your neck of the woods, remember flying into Calgary, late one night to a minus 16 temp. now that was cold. Spent a couple of days in Calgary, then off to Banff, up to Lake Louise, Jasper through Salmon Arm and onto Vancouver before heading up to Whistler and then over to Victoria Island. Beautiful, Beautiful country.

Yahoo – thank you for your thoughts and I do hope to post often and get to know you all a little better.

TheCableVine – Yes I made it – took a while but glad to be here.

beyond help – Yes we play a lot of interesting sports over here with Aussie Rules being one of them. I have heard that a reasonably strong league is being introduced to a lot of the schools in the Chicago area. That said I have a real liking for the American Football game, have seen a number of games live – Rams and Dolphins one year at Anaheim and many years ago a game between the Washington Federals and the LA Express at the Coliseum. That was the breakaway league USFL.

Gypsygirl – I’m blushing don’t think I should tell you how things are “down under”

Thanks Goldenboy for the welcome.

Well its late on a Sunday night here – have just had a big day at the Indy race and have a week that is shaping up to be pretty busy. So until next time

‘avagooday
    Jeff.

Welcome and a belated Thanks for sending us Olivia Newton John and Nicole Kidman
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    Welcome and a belated Thanks for sending us Olivia Newton John and Nicole Kidman
    I second that. Nicole.....Grrrrrrrr
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia