Thread: newbie here

Default newbie here

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and locating.
    I'm a licensed plumber in Okc.
    I was/am looking for ways to get my subsurface ld12 and metrotech 810 working more for me or I'm going to have to sell them as they do more sitting than working.

Years of Experience

Default Re: newbie here

I would try to sell the ld12 as it will not do you much good. I believe it's primarily used for finding water leaks, not positive on that though. Or maybe you could talk to the local water co. and get a side job finding leaks for them. Keep the Metrotek and have your sup or lead tech show you the ropes with it.

Years of Experience
    10yrs +
    Blog Entries

welcome newbie, Super is right the subsurface LD12 is what is mainly used for leak locating, the metrotech 810 anyone can tell you is one of the pioneering units there are many that swear by it, in my opinion as an ex 810'er, there are more advanced and accurate machines out there, but for the most part with what you have it seems to me private locating to include leak detection would be the most efficient route at this moment, try offering your services to HOA's, contractors, etc, good luck man.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Vine Merlin.

I actually think you should keep both. I'm vague about the details. Are you trying to take the company into a locating direction? Or are you leaving and just starting up a locating company? Or are you going over to an existing locating company?

Either way, i'd keep both machines and market yourself as a "leak detection" company. To get your foot in the door. I would rather call a leak detector who has so many years plumbing experience then a locating company with very little experience. Once you start showing the customers that you can locate, they will start using you more often for locates in general.

If you are made of money I can give you a list of other peices of equipment that goes great with leak detection and locating.

I can also give you some contacts of leak detection companies that have branched off into locates in other areas. They seem to be doing rather well.

mke

Years of Experience

welcome OKC to the vine !!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato