Thread: New from oklahoma

Default New from oklahoma

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but found it while searching for info on usic, I applied here in tulsa and everything went fast, within one week of applying I did my phone interview, assessment test, background check, and face to face, interview, the nextday I did a ride along, and the tech and I got along great.but its been two weeks and I have not heard a word. I have called twice and they kee saying its under review, and that everything looks good...is there anything else I can do? Also where would training be? I've been reading that there may be travel? Thanks guys

Default Re: New from oklahoma

More than likely they are waiting to get enough new hires to have a training class. As soon as they have enough they will schedule a training class at their office.

Awesome, thanks for the info....I still have yet to take my drug test...is that normal?

Years of Experience

welcome to the site!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Thanks, hopefully soon I can say I'm a part of the force....

Years of Experience

Welcome to the world's best locating forum friend! You made a good choice checking in, now check through the threads and see what it is your fellow locators have to offer. If it's a question/ issue, I doubt that you won't find something about it on here. And there is no such thing as a dumb question, so ask away!

Years of Experience

Welcome aboard.

I agree they are probably waiting for enough to make a training class.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Hey, welcome aboard.

I hope you get hired and join us for a discussion or two. Or, even if you don't get hired, join us anyway.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Thanks, I have read alot this far in youre forum and I am in need of the job and despite the bad things I have read I think I will enjoy the job and hippie the management is not as bad as I have ben reading

The Tulsa District has always been a tough nut! They have had unusually high turnover, management as well as locators, for several years now. Good Luck, hopefully it will turn around some.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

It's been a month now, and still no word, I have called several times and they say the position is stil open and my application it's still in process, says the same thing on the website....any suggestions?

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

A month is a long wait. I'd be frustrated myself. I guess all you can do is take them at their word and wait for the call. I'd keep checking once or twice a week just to let them know you are interested. That is something employers look for.

I got my fingers crossed for ya.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Yea, I have called once a week just to verify, and they say I willlllll be notified of whatever decision they make, I was offered a job with another company which I do not really want because it requires me tio be gone from home for 3 months at a time, which I start in two weeks, so I'm hoping tio hear back from usic before then....

Years of Experience

If you take the job friend, take everything with a grain of salt. The only thing you can count on is the training. After that, it really comes down to how you fit into a business that thrives on using it's employee's like disposable diapers. I'm not trying to scare you, or put anyone down. It's just the way it is. Those of us who have been around long enough know it quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Canefan918 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but found it while searching for info on usic, I applied here in tulsa and everything went fast, within one week of applying I did my phone interview, assessment test, background check, and face to face, interview, the nextday I did a ride along, and the tech and I got along great.but its been two weeks and I have not heard a word. I have called twice and they kee saying its under review, and that everything looks good...is there anything else I can do? Also where would training be? I've been reading that there may be travel? Thanks guys
    What is your name? I will find out what the hold up is? email me at johnbyrne@usicinc.com