Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Guy Registered

Years of Experience

Default Re: New Guy Registered

Hey vac - Welcome to the'Vine. I've been to Orlando twice. My next Florida visit will be to Ocala's own Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing:

After that visit, I'll head south to a true bass fisherman's paradise, Lake Okeechobee. The bass in my area is the feisty Smallmouth bass. My best is a 6 pounder; which is about as big as they get here. I understand the Largemouth bass fishing at Lake Okeechobee is the best in the world. I'd love to pull a hog out of Okeechobee as big as this guy did:

Anyway, Welcome Aboard and please post often!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wingfoot, where abouts do you live in the Midwest? Come on down to FL now, the weather/temperature has finally improved. Yeah, there are some nice places to fish down here. When you hook up on one of those big bass "hogs", reel em' in quick so the gators don't grab him before you do. Land him in the boat, don't go sticking you hand in the water to grab em'. The gators may grab you...

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by vac-ex View Post
    Wingfoot, where abouts do you live in the Midwest? Come on down to FL now, the weather/temperature has finally improved.
    Hey vac - Thanks for the invite - I live in Kansas City, Missouri. Back when I had a lot of free time, a buddy of mine, who owns a small aluminum boat, and I would go to abandoned coal strip pits that are prevalent in my area to fish for bass.

Strip pit fishing lakes are the end result of coal mining. After the mining companies complete their excavation work, the coal dumps are filled with water and stocked with smallmouth bass, bluegill and channel cats to meet environmental codes. The remainder of the property is left to grow wild in brush and trees.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much of the reclaimed land is rough, hilly and overgrown in timber. Many of the lakes are easily accessible and some have very difficult access, especially in the summer time.

The lakes are long, narrow and deep in spots. The banks are steep and difficult to fish on foot. A small aluminum boat is perfect for strip pit fishing.

I haven't done any relaxing, quiet-time fishing since 1997. Since then, I have done a complete 180. All my free time now has been devoted to working part-time for Goodyear race tire distributors providing tire service labor at NASCAR events each year at Kansas Speedway, Texas Motor Speedway, Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California, Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Phoenix International Raceway. I signed up to be working for my first time at the NASCAR road course event at Sonoma, California. As if that isn't enough, I also work a few weekends during the year for these Goodyear distributors at mid-western NHRA national and divisional events, Rocky Mountain SCCA road course events and some local dirt bowls.

I love fishing, and especially with my buddy. While pounding out this post, I realized how quickly time flies. And, I don't know if I'll ever sit in my buddy's aluminum boat any time soon. This much is for sure, someday I will be on Lake Okeechobee to reel in a 10 pound hog or bigger. But for now, RACING is better than fishing...............

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by vac-ex View Post
    Hello all, just registered and new to the forum. Looks like some good info and people.

I'm the owner of a vacuum excavation company providing project support to utility locators, SUE companies, excavators and utility contractors.

Some of the time I'll sit back and read.

If there is something I can add to the forum, I'll throw in my two cents...
    Welcome aboard vac-ex!

Now that your signed on you can search the archives looking for subject that have been asked in the past and read the answers.

You can add your two cents or ask a followup question on any old thread and the thread will appear at the top of the list when you first surf in to this site.

The members of this forum have a total number years experience that must total in the hundreds if not over a thousand.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

That reminds me.....
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12