Thread: New to the Crew!!!

Default New to the Crew!!!

New to the Crew but I have been locating for about 5 years all around the U.S. My first year locating was rocky though. It worked for CLS in Illinois and it was a start up company. Out of the 18 people in my training class only five continued locating. One of the five only located for about a month before they made him a supervisor. He was a butt kisser from the jump. They threw me in the trenches and I never had less than 70 tickets past due. Anyway I didn't appreciate it then but today it made me a better locator. Hey, for everyone who is into Fantasy Football check out my group "The Locators League" it is for people who love to play fantasy sports. Right now we are trying to get the Fantasy Football Season going. Need fourteen more people. And you can win money Too! Thanks everybody and I'm glad to be here!
    The Alchemist

Years of Experience

Default Re: New to the Crew!!!

Welcome to the vine.

Years of Experience

Question Re: New to the Crew!!!

Hey alchemist - Welcome to the'Vine!

I'm not into Fantasy Football; or even professional football for that matter. My hometown team (the Chiefs) fell flat on their ass years ago just after the Marty Schottenheimer days. (I just experienced a 2-14 2009 Season!)

Now that Carl's gone, the Chief's fans blamed all the team's problems on the former GM Carl Peterson.

Former Chief's General Manager Carl Peterson shaking Marty's hand.

Professional football is an $8 billion a year show business product that has team owners who have organized-crime backgrounds and direct connections to gambling outfits. The deceased owner of the Kansas City Chiefs and founder of the AFL, multimillionaire Lamar Hunt, combined efforts with his brothers for an unsuccessful attempt to corner the world silver market in 1979 and 1980. The Peruvian government went after the brothers for market manipulation that involved antitrust law, racketeering law and fraud-on-the-market doctrine. The Peruvians won $192 million in damages from these crooks.

Only the most naive would doubt professional sport games are rigged to boost ratings and cover Vegas bets. There's a NBA referee, Tim Donaghy, who was caught providing inside information to gamblers that allowed an 80% accuracy in predicting basketball game outcomes for their betting.

As I understand Fantasy Football, winners are based on a point system on players I pick for the week. The points awarded are based on individual efforts vs team efforts. A buddy of mine, from Oklahoma City, has been doing his own fantasy football league for the past 11 years. His knowledge of key professional football players is incredible.

Enough about football......... Your handle has me stumped. An alchemist has many definitions; some which include:

In a physical sense, an alchemist can take low value materials and from them, with magical powers, create something of high value.

During the 17th century in chemistry, the label "alchemist" was tagged to Robert Boyle, the "father of modern Chemistry." Mr Boyle laid the foundations of modern chemistry in theory, practice and doctrine.

In literature, Sir Gareth of Orkney defeated the black knight. Then Sir Gareth received mystical powers by wearing the defeated knight's armor and becomes unbeatable. A play by Ben Jonson, The Alchemist, is a satirical and skeptical take on this subject.

In philosophy, an alchemist will discuss the imperfect, diseased, corruptible issues and the solutions to bring these issues to a perfect, healthy, incorruptible and everlasting state. In other words, an alchemist is a professional bullshitter, if you will..............

In Fantasy Football, I assume an alchemist would take individual potential (basic material) of professional players and form the perfect team for that week.

In locating, I guess an alchemist would take a maize of prints (the basic, raw materials) and magically transform them onto the canvass of grass, asphalt and concrete for the high-value end-product.........

All of this doesn't really matter. Glad to have you on board. Please, post often!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Wingfoot; August 23rd, 2010 at 11:50 AM.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the show alchemist
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience
    30+

Welcome to the Crew of the Vine!!!

Years of Experience

welcome to the vine dude!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato