Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new to cable vine

Years of Experience

Default Re: new to cable vine

welcome dude to the vine.....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the show Drop
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

I have come seeking answers to problems that my students encounter. Very glad to see a place to post my thoughts and get good answers.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    I have come seeking answers to problems that my students encounter. Very glad to see a place to post my thoughts and get good answers.
    If you're teaching people how to locate(I assume from your post) I would hope that you have enough practical knowledge and experience that you wouldn't have to fish for info except on a rare occasion.

Are you an instructor for the state required course?

Yes , you are correct. I have a great library of information in the training center, however, anything I can find to assist the people that "in house" locate for us, to help them with thier workload, improve their process, or help them to step out of the box and try something that may assist with challanges on difficult locates. I feel I should help. I was in field for 13 years.I have been a trainer for 12 years. I would like to think I have seen some things, I know dog gone good and well I have not it all, and no , I am not a know it all. I believe that you should learn something new everyday.

Yes, I am a Federally Qualified trainer. I do teach Federally required courses. That is my job. Thanks for the "warm and fuzzy" feeling I have from your "welcome" . You really make me feel right at home. I know the saying, "if you cannot do it, teach". I guess thats is what I am reading from your post.

Thanks for the welcome, I think?

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the vine, Fatboy. I hope you find all the info you are looking for. If you don't find it, just ask.

Years of Experience

with 12 years training, it's nice to see you looking for help!! I know I am always looking for different ways to explain what I am trying to say. I know what I am doing, but think I SUCK @ training because of that. (well, partly)

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    Yes , you are correct. I have a great library of information in the training center, however, anything I can find to assist the people that "in house" locate for us, to help them with thier workload, improve their process, or help them to step out of the box and try something that may assist with challanges on difficult locates. I feel I should help. I was in field for 13 years.I have been a trainer for 12 years. I would like to think I have seen some things, I know dog gone good and well I have not it all, and no , I am not a know it all. I believe that you should learn something new everyday.

Yes, I am a Federally Qualified trainer. I do teach Federally required courses. That is my job. Thanks for the "warm and fuzzy" feeling I have from your "welcome" . You really make me feel right at home. I know the saying, "if you cannot do it, teach". I guess thats is what I am reading from your post.

Thanks for the welcome, I think?
    No offence intended, I'm glad to hear you have the experience that someone should who trains the newb's should.

Guess I need to look at the unintended tone of my posts...

Oh well, "welcome" is what I should have said along with "tell us what experience you have, as well as what kind of training do you do?".

Besides my foot in mouth, I was wondering: You said "federally" twice, that suggests national mandate, I am unaware of a "federally" accredited course recognised nation wide. Please clarify, lord knows we need national standards.

Powersweep that shit!!! Induction ftw!! Voltage in front of current it's the only way!!!!!!!!! lol
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by headcipher View Post
    No offence intended, I'm glad to hear you have the experience that someone should who trains the newb's should.

Guess I need to look at the unintended tone of my posts...

Oh well, "welcome" is what I should have said along with "tell us what experience you have, as well as what kind of training do you do?".

Besides my foot in mouth, I was wondering: You said "federally" twice, that suggests national mandate, I am unaware of a "federally" accredited course recognised nation wide. Please clarify, lord knows we need national standards.
    The only Federal stuff I am aware of is the gas locating stuff. Fatboy must work for a locate company that marks gas.
    I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by GPGrasshopper View Post
    The only Federal stuff I am aware of is the gas locating stuff. Fatboy must work for a locate company that marks gas.
    Gas may be federally regulated, but it doesn't require any sort of federal standard.

All that is required is that locators marking gas be able to pass a test that they themselves come up with. They follow only a local standard not a federally regulated or recognised standard.

Quote Originally Posted by headcipher View Post
    Gas may be federally regulated, but it doesn't require any sort of federal standard.

All that is required is that locators marking gas be able to pass a test that they themselves come up with. They follow only a local standard not a federally regulated or recognised standard.
    Depends on the gas company. Some let locators administer their own tests for qualifications and some don't. Some of them require third party training. But you are right, the gas company comes up with a standard to meet the basic requirements from the feds, but it is specific to the local company, whether they do it in house, approve a locator to administer it, or use the third party training option.
    I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12