Thread: New Ape in the Circus DA DA DA TA DA DA DA

4Q2
    Years of Experience

Default New Ape in the Circus DA DA DA TA DA DA DA

Yup, that's my reeeeaaaal picture and that's the story I'm sticking with. Management told me this job is so easy, they could train a monkey to do it. Well, not quite a monkey but here I am!

Hey locating brothers and sisters. Been following this site for a couple of month's now and finally decided to sign up. I been locating for about 4 years now and so far only 1 small damage (5 pr). Worked for 2 companies in 2 states and am presently locating in NJ. A lot of people on this site dis the company I work for, but I don't have any problems with them. Yeah, they're not perfect (benies suck) but no one bothers me about anything. I see my sup maybe twice a month and it's only good.

I race off road motorcycle events, mostly Enduro's and Hare Scambles (getting too old for moto's), and love to ride on road motorcycles, ski hard and have a sweet Chenoworth VW Buggy. Also have a Cushman Trackster that goes anywhere.

This could be one of the best weeks in music too! The Rolling Stones, the World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band is reissuing probaly the best Album of all time, Exile on Main Street on my Birthday! Well starting to show my age now. Anybody remember when The Stones used to give you instructios on how to their albums, "PLAY LOUD".

Great site, lots of info. I got some great topics to post soon. So if you see a 250 lb Gorilla with an RD in his hand in the Pine Barrens or surrounding cities, don't shoot, it's not the Jersey Devil. Only me, 4Q2.

Ride Hard, Take Lots of Chances and Cheat Anyway You Can!

Years of Experience

Default Re: New Ape in the Circus DA DA DA TA DA DA DA

Hey Ape man - Welcome Aboard! You've got some NICE toys. Any of them run open exhaust? And I do like your kind of music........ We'll get along just fine. Please post often!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Welcome aboard Ape Man. I like the photo and
    I like the attitude.

Years of Experience

welcome to the vine dude!!!! post often!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

4Q2
    Years of Experience

Thanks for the welcome Wing , Pro and Yahoo! I didn't think anyone replied to my introduction as I checked a couple of days after posting it and there were no replies.

Wing, I do run open headers on my Chenoworth Buggy. I have 2 motors I built for it. A 2150 cc (Bugpack jugs) dual port VW that runs a teepee header with a trumpet tip on the end. You can hear me coming and going with that set up! It's very reliable and easy to maintain. Also I have a pancake motor I didn't build that came out of a Carmen Ghia or Porshe. This has a wrap around header that comes out low with straight tips. This engine makes a lot of power and is very fast but the dual Weber carbs are hard to tune and sync, so I only ran it 3 times. However, in the summer when its dry, I have a screw on spark arrestor (4 screens) for the teepee so I dont set the pine barrens on fire.
    Of course competition dirt bikes are required by the AMA to undergo a pre race sound check and have spark arrestors.
    My Cushman Trackster has a John Deere tractor exhaust, you can hardly tell it's running. Very stealthy weapon!

Yo Pro, Anyone ever tell you that you talk a lot. Ha Ha, only joking. Actually I think you add a lot of info to this site. More good than not.

Yahoo. Crazy Cajun. Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!!!!

Welcome 4 - Wing needed another 'motor head' on here!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

i have a feeling i know who you are 4Q2 lol and welcome to the vine!
    "What Are You Doin!?!? GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!"
    you have entered a restricted area

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q2 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome Wing. I have a pancake motor that came out of a Carmen Ghia or Porshe. This has a wrap around header that comes out low with straight tips. This engine makes a lot of power and is very fast but the dual Weber carbs are hard to tune and sync, so I only ran it 3 times.
    Hey 4Q2 - Check this out:

EFI for the air-cooled VW has been around since the late 80s in one form or another. How is this system superior to other systems you have seen?
    "Its made specifically for the VW application and it's very user friendly. You don't have to fabricate anything or go sourcing parts from other companies. You can buy this kit and put it on and your car is going to run well. Some of the other systems on the market require that you have to make them work for what you are doing. Basically, the same person that would buy and install a dual-carb kit, can buy the Programmable Fuel Injection and make it run with no problems. It's very straightforward."

What do you feel the target audience is for Programmable Fuel Injection?
    "We will probably see it more on off-road cars for a while as fuel injection isn't bothered by the bumping and sloshing of an off-road car like a carburetor is. With injection you can put the car upside down and it will still run! Since EFI is still new to the Cal-Look market, there are only a small number of people who truly realize the value of it in their street cars. Once word gets out that street cars run real smooth and fast with it in, Programmable Fuel Injection will really take off."

Do you ever see Programmable Fuel Injections systems becoming as common as carbs on your average Cal-Look sedan or sand buggy?
    "You bet!"

How long?
    "Probably real quick, especially since Redline/Weber is offering a 48 IDA style throttle body. We are building a Rennn-Kafer cup style Cal-Look car for a customer that is going to be as nice as anything else out there and it will be a true street drivable car that should be capable of 11.90s or even quicker. I think that once people see this car it will pump up the interest for Programmable Fuel Injection!"

Electronic Fuel-Injection Systems - EFI For Any Car

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4Q2
    Years of Experience

Yeah Wing EFI setups are the way to go now in Off Road. Unfortunately, I work as a locator and not at RGM's Speed Factory (Robbie Gordon Motorsports) so in about 10 years I may be able to afford a used setup like that. HA HA.

The biggest problem here is NJ is a totally RED state. No fun allowed!!! I have permission from a large land owner in the Pines to ride and camp on his property, which is about 500 acres. That's not a lot of land. Up until about 1990 you could run all over the Pine Barrens and no one would bother you. As a matter of fact, Rangers were pretty cool, stopping by campsites to talk, help or educate you about campfire safety. But now, go off private property and there are Federal, Military, State, local and even Fish and Game police wanting to test their skills at catching you. Who knows who else. Believe me, I have out ran them all!!! If they catch you, they will throw you in jail and take your DL. Not good if your a locator.

I have a friend who moved from NJ to Henderson, NV and runs a class 3 buggy (1300 cc). He said the Feds are getting involved in that incident at the California 200 now. Not good for the sport of Off Road Racing or racing in general. People are stupid, don't stand in the path of a vehicle going 100 mph on the edge of control coming to a dangerous section of the course and not expect trouble. Some people even bring shovels and try to create hazzards to make the racers crash, unbelievable!

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q2 View Post
    Yeah Wing EFI setups are the way to go now in Off Road. Unfortunately, I work as a locator and not at RGM's Speed Factory (Robbie Gordon Motorsports) so in about 10 years I may be able to afford a used setup like that. HA HA.

The biggest problem here is NJ is a totally RED state. No fun allowed!!! I have permission from a large land owner in the Pines to ride and camp on his property, which is about 500 acres. That's not a lot of land. Up until about 1990 you could run all over the Pine Barrens and no one would bother you. As a matter of fact, Rangers were pretty cool, stopping by campsites to talk, help or educate you about campfire safety. But now, go off private property and there are Federal, Military, State, local and even Fish and Game police wanting to test their skills at catching you. Who knows who else. Believe me, I have out ran them all!!! If they catch you, they will throw you in jail and take your DL. Not good if your a locator.

I have a friend who moved from NJ to Henderson, NV and runs a class 3 buggy (1300 cc). He said the Feds are getting involved in that incident at the California 200 now. Not good for the sport of Off Road Racing or racing in general. People are stupid, don't stand in the path of a vehicle going 100 mph on the edge of control coming to a dangerous section of the course and not expect trouble. Some people even bring shovels and try to create hazzards to make the racers crash, unbelievable!

There is a saying that 10% **** it up for the other 90%. which is pretty close to being true. the problem is the burger king rule i like to call it. No rules, do it oyur way and do not have to respect others or their property. I grew up having a snow mobile for a few years and when they had 3 wheelers and start of quads. I do not remember having posted trails. Even hunting I always asked permission to hunt on a person's land. When I had property in central Wisconisn I would have to every deer hunting season knock down half a dozen tree stands from guys that would bow hunt on my posted property. I watched in the 90's people that would take their quads and tear up a farmer's fields. Maybe the government got tired of people not policing up after themselves or just destroying things in pine barrens. There was a playground park that had nice public bathrooms on itwhere i use to locate. Some kids decided they need some fun, so they went into the bathrooms one late night and broke everything they could. The city had to close the bathrooms they didn't have the $25K in their budget for the repairs. It might not just be becuase you are in a red state and be because of others. Illinois is a blue state and look how corrupt and screwed up it is. lol

4Q2
    Years of Experience

Yea Paintit, In NJ we are a little familiar with corruption. There is a book called "The Soprano State" that documents this very well. Believe me, "Mod Rod Blog" would be too stupid to make it as a corrupt politician in this state. We got our own crack smokin - whore monging mayor here. The problem in NJ is too many laws and more cops per square mile than any other state in the nation. Like parasites the cops don't want to chase real criminals, it's too dangerous. They just arrest and bleed money out of hard working every day citizens who want to have some fun to justify their existence. Most cops in NJ make between 100k - 200k a year. I don't come near that as a locator. As I see it, this is one of the major problems with the economy today. Cops and Courts don't make any products to improve the quality of life, only destroy the lives of people who do. OK, that's my rant.

Anyway the Pine Barrens are not Seaside Heights. All camping is primative, there are no public parks and the only bathrooms are scrub pines on the side of the trail. The only farmers raise cranberries, which are under water most of the time. Most of the off-roaders there are respectful people who want to protect their right to ride and live by the rule "Pack out what you pack in ". I personally belong to an Off-Road MC in the ECEA (East Coast Enduro Assoc.) who run several events (Enduro, Hare Scramble and Dual-Sport) and we have 5 regularly sceduled trail clean up days in the Pines to clean up after those who don't. So basically the law comes down there to rattle our cage to justify their existence. OOP's, I'm ranting and my veins are popping.

TY,
    4Q2