Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New

Default New

Hello everyone!

This is my first post but have been reading the posts here for a while. I have a question for any USIC employees:

When you get a damage and it is determined that it was your fault, are you responsible for paying for the damages?

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New

Hey Amiga, welcome aboard.

I don't think USIC makes you pay for your damages but I'll let a real USIC employee answer that one.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Welcome aboard.

And no you don't pay for damages out of pocket.

Thanks for the info!

Years of Experience

No, the company assumes the financial liability for the at fault damages. However, if a damage were big enough and it was determined that you were negligent with your locates it is possible you could be taken to court and assume some of the financial responsibility of that damage, as well as get possible jail time and/or fines. I have never heard of this happening, though.

Over the years, on certain silly damages, I've offered to pay out of pocket for a couple of at faults, but I was always turned down.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Quote Originally Posted by amiga276 View Post
    Hello everyone!

This is my first post but have been reading the posts here for a while. I have a question for any USIC employees:

When you get a damage and it is determined that it was your fault, are you responsible for paying for the damages?
    Not at this point in time , but I'm sure it's in the works for the future. Don't give them any ideas.
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

Utiliquest used to cut their employee's pay by $1 per hr for each damage for a few months.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Hello everyone!

When getting a damage at USIC, whether its your fault or not, it will always be your fault. And no you do not have to pay in $$. But you will pay in being micro-managed to death.

Welcome to the the forum!

Years of Experience

welcome to the vine NEW!!! post often
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Hey, Locator 00566. Please quit your job...I'm sure USIC would be OK with that. You are the whiniest individual I've ever met. If your supervisor is a bad guy, you should tell him respectfully, and if he doesn't respond, tell his boss. But quit being a victim. It must be a horrible job for you. You've bitched and complained the last 192 posts you've made about USIC, but you continue to be employed. Money must not be too bad, huh? You have grand aspirations. Go reach them. You must be miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by cableunderground View Post
    Hey, Locator 00566. Please quit your job...I'm sure USIC would be OK with that. You are the whiniest individual I've ever met. If your supervisor is a bad guy, you should tell him respectfully, and if he doesn't respond, tell his boss. But quit being a victim. It must be a horrible job for you. You've bitched and complained the last 192 posts you've made about USIC, but you continue to be employed. Money must not be too bad, huh? You have grand aspirations. Go reach them. You must be miserable.
    No not whining, just telling the truth. Trying to warn these newbies whats in store for them. What would quitting my job accomplish? I don't need Barry Hussein Obama to support me. Its not my sup, its USIC. I've known guys like you, you kiss ass all day and get no where. Why don't you take your knee pads off and get back to inhaling paint and stop worrying how I do things.

This is my thread..argue somewhere else

You tell 'em girl!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Likes some good action going on here!!!
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

Years of Experience

This is my thread..argue somewhere else
    Sorry about that Amiga. Not trying to hijack the thread. Just tired of the whining in general. There are more than 3000 employees at USIC and a couple get on here and make the entire company sound bad, almost to the point where others think about leaving before they have a chance to find out...doesn't make sense. It's a good company, a solid company and one that will likely be around for a long time. Tough to find in this day and age. No, you aren't charged for damages, that I know of, but if your negligent, you could jeopardize your job. Do your work well and you'll be fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast