Thread: Jumping on board with my red boots on

Thumbs up Jumping on board with my red boots on

Hi folks!
    Ulric here!
    I have been watching this site for quite a while and thought you all might like to get to know me too.
    I am not as bashful as that new guy, Scap, that joined a day or so ago. And Spray and Pray was quick to spot that too.
    I am originally from Ga. but the economy there forced me to look elsewhere to locate, and now I am in Wyoming.
    We are in desperate need of more locators here if anyone knows of anyone who would like to work here.
    The job offers the same thing it offers everywhere else, plenty of dirt to paint, and lots of miles to walk.
    Just send me a message here if you can help.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Jumping on board with my red boots on

Ulric, Welcome aboard. You may already be aware of thecablevine.com's companion website called locatorjobs.com. That would be a good resource to find other locators. Its free to post an unlimited number of jobs. As a matter of fact... I don't charge for anything on that site.

Years of Experience
    30+

Red Boots, Welcome, Speak your mind. Don't be shy. Red Boots? Mark electric only?

Years of Experience

Welcome aboard Ulric. You'll learn to love our dry humor and love for the job.

Steve why don't you charge anything for locatorjobs.com and everytime I log into thecablevine.com I get a bill in the mail.

Thanks for everything from all you guys!
    I have been locating, going on close to 3 years now, and as a matter of fact, I found the job opeining in Wyoming on Locatorjobs.com.
    That is really a great site for anyone who wants to locate in another part of the country.
    Here in Wyoming, I only locate telephone, so, even though I only have the one utility, I still walk a lot of miles, and put downs plenty of flags and whiskers.
    The only pavement around here is the freeway, or in town.
    The rest is dirt roads, dry and dusty.
    Don't think for a moment that I got it made though, because we have a load of fiber optic, and you have those high profile locates, at least one or two a day.
    All in all though, the job is great!
    Plenty of wildlife and scenery.
    I saw Eight really nice trophy size whitetail deer all in one bunch just this past Monday, eating in an alfalfa field.
    I took some pics of those because, after all, I always have a camera.
    Another locate that I did a couple of months back, I had to go in this canyon about 19 miles to locate, only one way in, one way out.
    A week later I had to go back and do a separate locate at a different address, and the rancher there told me that there was a mountain lion just across the way a few days ago.
    Across the way was where I happened to be the week before.
    Got to be careful I guess.
    I'd sure hate for that mountain lion to try anything with me, because I am from Ga. and we don't let no cats give us any crap.
    Wonder what the fine would be for kicking a mountain lions ass?

Years of Experience
    na

A few weeks ago I was marking a sewer job way down this stretch of highway in fairly populated area and had stopped to do the big sigh of tedium looking back where I had been and how much farther to go and a big frikin bear ran acroos the road about 50yds ahead of me...I had never seen a bear around my area before but he was a truckin and I was like damn that sucker could have ate my lunch since I really only look down and worry about snakes or dogs for the most part...

If I survive an ordeal of an attack maybe I could write a story and send it into Readers Digest or something...

And welcome to the forum oops just step over that I do it regularly around here... I just try and make everyones day like a bad locate day...

Last edited by USIC1; August 31st, 2008 at 11:29 AM.

Welcome aboard Ulric! Glad to have you here and be safe over there!!