Thread: i'm no locater

Default i'm no locater

i've seen it all,., there is a forum for everybody! well i'll get right to my reason for joining. i had to join to be able to post here. i'm about to post a for sale thread and try to sale a metrotech model 810 locater. i was happy to learn that these things are pretty valuble. i aquired mine a while back when the tennants at my rent house stiffed me for 1200.00 worth of rent and left me with a trashed out house. along with this 810 thing they left a single man 2-stroke post hole digger that won't start and 260 one foot circle concrete stepping stones and a full 16 foot trailer load of trash minus the trailer. looks like my only hopes of recovering any lost rent is to sell the 810,. unless you know anyone that wants to buy a steping stone. i contacted the lady about this stuff and she says she can't remember witch one of her live in "friends" had left it at the house. anyway...12 months have passed... it's time to sell it. i'm sorry to say i probably won't be hanging out on the forum after the thing sells but its good to know we have a bunch of fine folks probing around the ground just to protect us crazy digging people.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: i'm no locater

It sucks getting stiffed like that.

Post it for sale. It isn't any good unless you have both parts, the transmitter AND the receiver. Well... not true, but it helps to sell it faster.

Post a pic of it too.

Later
    Steve
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

good luck with your sell.....it may take a little while to sell but it willl be worth it the wait!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

If you cannot sell the stepping stones find the market value of them. You can then contribute them to Habitat for Humanity and at least get a tax write off.

In many areas they offer pick up so you will not have to pay to have them hauled to a landfill. They will give you a receipt on the spot for your tax records.

People who renovate homes do this all the time. Any working item that is not missing major parts they will take. Even your tenant's old furniture. They have their own thrift store resale centers.

If you demo any of your places without destroying the old cabinets, doors, windows and any working refrigerators, stoves dishwashers they will come and get them all and give you a receipt for a tax write off as deduction to a charity.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

PL, great ideas, I never thought about any of that.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    PL, great ideas, I never thought about any of that.
    They have a resale store (they call them ReStore shops) about four or five blocks from your shop. Don't buy the wooden nickles.