Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Howdy

Default Re: Howdy

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    Hey RD, You should come a little further west. We will add in Fees, and permits up the wazzu and still have piss poor infrastructure. Don't forget that our "new" interstate bridge we will build will have the same number of functioning lanes as our old bridge, so there is no ease on congestion, and will go ahead and Toll both directions of both interstate bridges.

Mke
    Shoooot, that stupid bridge they wanna build over the Columbia....Oh brother, What a joke. This is a wonderful state, but there are some not so bright folks here. I stay far away from Portland. Only go there if I need to fly somewhere, which is not often lol.
    They REALLY take those silly "keep portland weird" bumper stickers to heart. No thank you =]

Years of Experience

Default Re: Howdy

Quote Originally Posted by Codify View Post
    Well I've lived here my whole life and I love it here. But, I don't blame your opinion of this area, there area just some individuals frankly wherever you go. That have no sense of pride in their own things or home. Oregon has been man handled by liberal wackos for a while now...I swear everyone from California comes up here and ruins this beautiful state too. Anyway! You probably aren't some hillbilly. Heck people from back east think Oregon is some redneck willy wog place.
    Well I'll be damned. I now know 3 people in the PNW that speaks with some sense!

Don't misjudge me. I think the State itself is awesome. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. It would be perfect...if it weren't for all the damn people in it.

Actually most people I know back East think of Oregon as either a modern Utopia (The Land of Philosophy, Pine Trees and Starbucks) or they kind of lump it in their minds with California and Washington as the last refuge of the hippie. They DEFINITELY don't associate it with red-neck.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12