Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy

Thumbs up Howdy

Evening! Browsed on the vine before, never registered. Figured I'd give it a shot and peruse more often. Been locating for almost five years and love it.

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Re: Howdy

Welcome to the Vine.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Hey, Codify. Welcome aboard. I'd be interested to hear what part of Oregon you live in. I graduate from Bandon, Oregon myself.

If you don't want to give away your location I COMPLETELY understand and recommend you don't. Send me a PM if you'd like.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Thanks guys! I live right smack dab in the mid willamette valley. Been here my whole life and love it! Nothing like the pacific northwest =]

Never been to Bandon, All I know is there is some sort of exotic petting zoo there LOL!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Codify View Post
    Nothing like the pacific northwest =]
    Thank goodness...
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience

With five years under your belt, you have something to contribute for sure. Clock's ticking........lol Welcome to the show!

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

There is a zoo there. The West Coast Game Park. I have never been there myself but have driven by it countless times. I always wanted to check it out. That is just something to add to my list, I guess.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

welcome to the vine
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

@RD_wrangler, Some sarcasm?

@Badrobot, yessir Ive located power tv and phone. Hope to share and add as I stop in more often @ the vine

@thevine, I think I've been to that game park you mentioned, the one you can drive a vehicle through I think....Must have been a while ago because that's all i remember haha

@yahoo, thank you!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Codify View Post
    @RD_wrangler, Some sarcasm?

!
    LOL, nope not a bit of sarcasm. I meant exactly what I said.

No offense intended. It may be different in the WV area, but the places I've been in the PNW for the last 10 months have left me scratching my head in wonder.

The area motto seems to be "Eh, that's good enough, it'll work."

Utilities placed with little regard to how locatable they'll be in the future. Building construction put together with the cheapest materials available and with little quality in workmanship (but they want top-dollar custom home prices for what would be considered a "tract home" where I'm from). Customer service is atrocious. Work ethic seems non-existent. Pride of ownership is a foreign concept (falling down fences, peeling paint, trash in weed-choked yards). Equipment, appliances, and junk left to sit where they lay for what looks like generations. Out dated, outmoded, non-updated street systems and ancient buildings in every town that should have bull-dozed decades ago. All in all the entire place would benefit from one great big rummage sale.

What's amusing to me is that when people up here learn where I'm from they automatically assume I'm some back-woods hillbilly. Ah, the irony is rich!
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience

Hey, did someone say an Erotic Petting Zoo ?????????
    Welcome Codify, please tell us more about that Zoo !!!!

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Hey RD, You should come a little further west. We will add in Fees, and permits up the wazzu and still have piss poor infrastructure. Don't forget that our "new" interstate bridge we will build will have the same number of functioning lanes as our old bridge, so there is no ease on congestion, and will go ahead and Toll both directions of both interstate bridges.

Mke

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    Hey RD, You should come a little further west. We will add in Fees, and permits up the wazzu and still have piss poor infrastructure. Don't forget that our "new" interstate bridge we will build will have the same number of functioning lanes as our old bridge, so there is no ease on congestion, and will go ahead and Toll both directions of both interstate bridges.

Mke
    I'll pass Mke.

I went to Portland not too long ago...the number of slip roads in that area is insane. It's like somebody said "We need a road to go that way for some reason"....and built it..."but now let's go THAT way!"..."No, this way!"...and so on... Then they decided to build a town in the middle of the rat's nest they created and invite every burnt-out hippie in the US to live there.

Crazy place bud, you can keep it.

Per Scientiam Vires!

Quote Originally Posted by RD_Wrangler View Post
    LOL, nope not a bit of sarcasm. I meant exactly what I said.

No offense intended. It may be different in the WV area, but the places I've been in the PNW for the last 10 months have left me scratching my head in wonder.

The area motto seems to be "Eh, that's good enough, it'll work."

Utilities placed with little regard to how locatable they'll be in the future. Building construction put together with the cheapest materials available and with little quality in workmanship (but they want top-dollar custom home prices for what would be considered a "tract home" where I'm from). Customer service is atrocious. Work ethic seems non-existent. Pride of ownership is a foreign concept (falling down fences, peeling paint, trash in weed-choked yards). Equipment, appliances, and junk left to sit where they lay for what looks like generations. Out dated, outmoded, non-updated street systems and ancient buildings in every town that should have bull-dozed decades ago. All in all the entire place would benefit from one great big rummage sale.

What's amusing to me is that when people up here learn where I'm from they automatically assume I'm some back-woods hillbilly. Ah, the irony is rich!

Well I've lived here my whole life and I love it here. But, I don't blame your opinion of this area, there area just some individuals frankly wherever you go. That have no sense of pride in their own things or home. Oregon has been man handled by liberal wackos for a while now...I swear everyone from California comes up here and ruins this beautiful state too. Anyway! You probably aren't some hillbilly. Heck people from back east think Oregon is some redneck willy wog place.

LOL noooo =] exotic animals. I guess that depends on what your definition is of exotic animals is...hmmmmm haha!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast