Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do You Get Banned?

Years of Experience

Default Re: How Do You Get Banned?

Now that's just hilarious. I love when you personalize the titles.

Years of Experience

Rotflmao!
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Steve, you are the best, thanks man.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Isn't banning people for their opinions censorship? Isn't that anti-American? Or maybe very American depending on what kind of "American" you are. Especially if you like to burn witches and rock n' roll records...gay.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Advance, nobody gets banned for their Opinions, no matter how bad they stink. People get banned when they only come to the site to trash people and just be a general pain in the ass. (How USIC1 has survived this long, I'm not sure.) I have yet to see any "Censorship" take place here. Unless it is the censoring of many pictures of a naked guy, and most of us thank Steve for that censoring. You may get smashed for your opinion, but unless you are being an ass to everyone for no good reason, Steve won't ban you, or censor what you post.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

The banning was for spamming the site and PMs for his so called locate forum also.

Advance, you are kinda new here so you weren't a party to what went on before. It's easy to walk into a situation and ask questions like yours AFTER the fact and the damage has been done and cleaned up.

For the most part the rest of us present comments and ideas that are about the benefit of this industry and sometimes just used as a good venting place with others who are just like us.

John didn't really do that. Even after being given warnings (but still being able to post) he just took it to far. Now he just comes back to push things over the edge. Hence being banned when he is found out. As for that 'psychomania' woman, she just was crazy from the start and went to far from the begining.

I know Steve would let John back in if he didn't go off on these tangents of his and for the most part when he does come back in under whatever new identity he has picked for himself he is allowed to post UNTIL he gets going and gives himself away (as he ALWAYS does).

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by advanceMan View Post
    Isn't banning people for their opinions censorship? Isn't that anti-American? Or maybe very American depending on what kind of "American" you are. Especially if you like to burn witches and rock n' roll records...gay.
    Yeah. What everyone else said.

I'm thankful I didn't see the naked man pictures. I'm sure Goldenboy had to stomach them before he deleted them. Thanks for taking the bullet for me Goldenboy.

As far as banning... I've only banned two people that I can remember. john and his female friend or whatever relationship they have. He may believe that I did it to censor his words. Not true. i did it cause he was truly being a jerk. USIC1 has stated opinions that far exceeded anything John has said but USIC1 doesn't come here and disrespect his fellow members.

I want this site to be a community for the locators out there. It can't be a community when a person comes in and starts slinging crap. I was getting PM's complaining about him. I have never (that I can recall) received a PM about USIC1. On second thought, maybe I have but it wasn't to complain about the person, only to complain about his point of view. Not sure, though.

I have spent 5 years getting this site going. 3 years of it I had very little participation. I would get excited when I saw that I had a post. Sometimes I would go for a week without seeing a post. Now that it is to the point it is I pretty much leave it alone and let the members dictate what happens. If people wanted John here, I would begrudgingly let him. But that is not the case. Nobody that I know of wants him here.

Years of Experience

Nicely put Steve! Was "karen" confirmed as another fake name? Just wondering, got off to a solid start, I know I was fooled for a while.

Years of Experience

i vote...............no john!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix827 View Post
    Nicely put Steve! Was "karen" confirmed as another fake name? Just wondering, got off to a solid start, I know I was fooled for a while.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    i vote...............no john!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But, where will I pee now???
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12