Thread: help dont wanna blow it

Default help dont wanna blow it

Hay im really enjoying the read. I am about to have a third int. with USIC i have a construction back ground of 25yrs what can i do to make them believe they cant do with out me and im worth investing the training and time in. I have a great work history just not in locating. Would welcome all views exspecially some one with USIC

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: help dont wanna blow it

Quote Originally Posted by hope2be View Post
    Hay im really enjoying the read. I am about to have a third int. with USIC i have a construction back ground of 25yrs what can i do to make them believe they cant do with out me and im worth investing the training and time in. I have a great work history just not in locating. Would welcome all views exspecially some one with USIC
    Let's look at the interviews.

A first interview is standard and in this job market even getting that first interview is difficult. That you got the first interview means you have shown something they are interested in.

A second interview. A first interview is enough to get hired just about anywhere. Sometimes a second interview is with the person who really does the hiring. In these firms the first interview is just the weeding out process. Regardless of the reason the second interview means you have what they want. So when it comes to the third interview just keep doing what you did for the first two. But they must being looking for something else so there is one more consideration. Something to add to your sales pitch.

The third interview. My guess here is that they found you acceptable but they also found others acceptable and have more good prospects than openings. So what are they looking for? In this economy they are trying to weed out people that just want a job to hold them over till the industry they want to work in picks up.

My take would be for you to research that firm. You cans tart by using the search feature and look through all the old posts. Then us the internet and what you heard from anybody that works there. You are looking for the longevity to that firm, If your job history shows a lot of changing firms due to there letting people go, going out of business, etc, then stress how stable their firm is, that you are looking for a place you do not have to change jobs. That you are looking to stay there so think they will likely keep the investment they put into your training.

My take is that by the third interview you have the job, the third interview is their giving you the opportunity not get hired.

Years of Experience

I would have to agree that a third interview means you have the job. The interview will probably consist of the agreement of a wage, a date for a whiz quiz, and a date you can start.

Years of Experience

good luck with your new job.....you will love it!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    My take is that by the third interview you have the job, the third interview is their giving you the opportunity not get hired.
    I would have to agree that a third interview means you have the job. The interview will probably consist of the agreement of a wage, a date for a whiz quiz, and a date you can start.
    Hey hope - Welcome to the'Vine! I agree with the Pro and Goldenboy - Three strikes and you're in!

Good Luck...........

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey.. you guys forgot to advise to 'not mention the Cablevine website'.

Just in case the person making the decision isnt some paranoid person that doesnt want to hire someone that actually has a brain and can find 'others' on the net. They want a company-man. Not a free spirit.

Just my 002 from what Ive heard on here.
    (May you live in interesting times)

THANKS YOU PPL ROCK i will continue my search on here and the INTERNET for more info on USIC and the industry in my area. Hopefully i can fill some painted boots.