Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AZLocators

Thread: Hello from Phoenix. We repair your equipment.

Years of Experience

Default Hello from Phoenix. We repair your equipment.

Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce you to our company. We've been in business for 16 years in Phoenix Arizona servicing all models of underground locating equipment. I know a lot of you still use the classic Metrotech 810, and as of the beginning of this year the factory stopped supporting it entirely, along with the 850 and the 9800 - they won't even provide parts anymore. We have a big backstock of parts and will still be repairing and calibrating them as long as we can.

Happy to be part of the Vine. Take a look at our website - if you have any equipment in need of repair or calibration go ahead and send it our way.

AZ Locators - Underground Locators Sales, Service, Training
    yahoo likes this.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Default Re: Hello from Phoenix. We repair your equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by AZLocators View Post
    Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce you to our company. We've been in business for 16 years in Phoenix Arizona servicing all models of underground locating equipment. I know a lot of you still use the classic Metrotech 810, and as of the beginning of this year the factory stopped supporting it entirely, along with the 850 and the 9800 - they won't even provide parts anymore. We have a big back stock of parts and will still be repairing and calibrating them as long as we can.

Happy to be part of the Vine. Take a look at our website - if you have any equipment in need of repair or calibration go ahead and send it our way.

AZ Locators - Underground Locators Sales, Service, Training
    810's came out in the 90's. If they aren't making the parts anymore and the patent has expired, why can't any electronics company make an 810 equivalent? The demand is there.

Years of Experience

welcome to the VINE ! how long have you guys been in business ??
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Thanks. We've been around since 2000, starting out mainly by doing Metrotech 810 repairs and calibrations.

The original 810 actually came out in the mid-80's from what I understand, and since then the company has made a couple of attempts to improve upon it. The 810dx and now the VM810. But neither one ever achieved the popularity of the original.

Senior Member CableAvoidanceTool's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Yeah I think the metrotech 810 first came out in 1982 or 1983, it was the early 1980's. I remember reading that in an old product manual somewhere.

Actually, the best and ultimate combo was the 810-dx transmitter with the classic analouge 810 receiver. Because it went up to the full 1 watt of power, the classic 810 orange box only had 0.25 watt.

The needle on the classic receiver was instant with no delay like with the 810dx receiver. And it was lighter.

Used that combo for many years, never wished for anything more...

Interesting to know that the factories finally stopped making repair parts. I remember back in I think 2011 they stopped selling brand new classic 810's.